August 30, 2014 | 1573 users online

Treatments (Face) - RoC - Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by DanielleFitz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've usually got quite sensitive skin so after looking for products that would work wonders for my acne and oily skin I tried this sensitive night cream, and it made my skin worse. It must have reacted to it because I had a period of breakouts after a week of using which irritated my skin. I'm trying these skin capsules that I have to take with water as I heard about biocorrex, completely out of the norm when it comes to buying products, but something's working as my acne has gone down!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by themelody1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for about a week and I don't think I will ever go without this product again. I recently turned 16 and the past I'd say 2-3 months my skin has had major breakouts everywhere. my mistake for using MaryKay timewise moisturizer, it broke me out like CRAZY! my skin had never been so bad! It was very bumpy and I had acne everywhere and everytime a zit would start getting better 2-3 more would pop up! I decided to add this into my night routine because I heard so many good things about retinol for acne. Your face will be dry and a little red until it is used to the retinol. My was was only red and dry for the first 4 days. I can honestly say this has made a big improvement on my skin it is a lot smoother in texture, acne goes away within 2 days, and it's fading my acne scars! This is my #1 holy grail skin care item. I will check back in at the 8 week mark and tell you my final thoughts:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice retinol formula for sensitive skin. I have eczema prone skin and this worked out well. My skin looks fresh and toned in the a.m. I like it. RoC is solid IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I'd like to thank my mother and grandmother for the good skin genes. At 50, my face is without lines but the back of my hands show obvious sun damage. The most important part of skincare is consistency so I've become a fan of simplicity. AM routine is a light cleansing, antioxidant serum and SPF. Note to self: don't forget back of hands. PM routine: Remove mu, thorough cleansing, Retinol, then thick moisturizing followed by eye and lip treatments. Any decent Retinol will do but I'm partial to RoC or Neutrogena.
This one performed just fine. Now about these poor hands of mine....just gonna treat them like I do my face. Stay out of the sun and stop smoking, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit: It took a tiny bit over the 2 months to trigger my rosacea. I will no longer be able to use it, BUT if you do not have skin problems like me, please give it a try. For the time I was able to use it, I was pleased with the results.

I'm impressed with this. First of all, I've been using it for 2 months. It has definately softened the lines around my eyes. I use it over my entire face and I think it has begun to soften the lines on my face.

This glides onto your skin beautifully.

I have very sensitive skin, I have rosacea, this has not irritated my skin. I use it every night.

I will definately buy this again. It seems to be gentle and effective for the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to retinoids in general, but at 36, I figured that it's time to get familiar with them. :) I started using this to even out my skin (tone and texture) and the results were impressive. I've tried several other syrums, lotions, and creams (including some you'll find for much more at Sephora or Nordstrom), and haven't found anything better yet.

My skin can be tempermental, so I decided to start with the sensitive formula. I didn't experience any redness or sensitivity at all, and followed the instructions to gradually ramp up my usage. Now I use it every night and still haven't had a problem. My skin is smoother for sure, and I'm thrilled with the results. I use this with the RoC 5-in-1 moisturizer and it seems to make my skin really happy--better than it has looked in years. I can't pass for an 18 year old, but I swear that this has made my skin a lot better and decreased the few fine lines on my face and discoloration by a noticable amount.

I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. You can get it relatively inexpensively at the drugstore (and Ulta often has it on sale). I'm about to finish my first tube and will try moving up to the non-sensitive version to see if it works even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from an ebay seller to avoid the high retail price, and it cost me 5 and something pounds (about 9 US dollars). I bought it after hearing a lot about retinol (also called retin-a) and how beneficial it is for improving the way your skin works and regenerates, especially for aging skin. I'm only 20, don't smoke or drink, but in the last year my skin had just been deteriorating. I had problems with breakouts because I would pick at my skin from stress, and that left pink post-acne marks. My skin also looks dull, lifeless, I was starting to see the first signs of fine lines between my brows (frown lines), it's as if my skin is starting to age at age 20. For 5 months now I have been using a very gentle facial cleanser (was prescribed La Roche Effaclar Foaming Gel, then I used Skintherapy's gentle facial mousse when the other one ran out), a gentle exfoliator, along with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo anti-imperfection and anti-clogging cream, which I have also done a review on, and once in a while a clay and chamomile mask to keep my skin clear and give it a chance to rest and heal up. But it was just stagnating, it wasn't breaking out, but it didn't look like it was recovering that much either. So i thought it needed something potent to make the difference and I should give retinol a go.

My skin is very pale and fair, occasional pimples on my cheeks and some blackheads on my nose and chin, but not much; it's combination mostly, occasionally dry or oily, but mostly drier on my cheeks and chin, and oily on my nose and forehead. I was pretty sure my skin wouldn't be sensitive to retinol, as it isn't easily irritated, unless it's being scrubbed with a harsh exfoliator or being poorly cleaned, but I decided to start gentle so I got the RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream with the intention of moving on to the Deep Wrinkle night cream (prevention is better than treatment and all that). I have been using it for 3 full days now, will do an update at the 1 month and 2 month marks. I put it on before bed and in the morning, not every other night like it recommends, because I want the full benefit as quickly as possible, and I'm not sensitive to it. It didn't irritate my skin at all, it tells you that some redness, stinging or mild irritation is possible, but I had none of that. I hasn't clogged my pores, in fact I'm noticing a slightly opposite effect, and it hasn't broken me out. It says to use it alone or with another moisturizer, but in my case I've found that it is quite rich and moisturising on its own. In fact, if I use more than a pea-sized amount, it even makes me oily. I can tolerate some oiliness at night, but in the day time I just use less and use it as a day time moisturiser. From 3 full days of use, or 6 uses, here is what I have noticed:

The tiny fine frown lines I was starting to worry about are mostly gone. My skin texture is very noticeably more even, definitely feels smoother, most of the flakiness I would get is gone. My skin tone doesn't really look any different, however. It's not worse, but not any better either. I guess that will take longer to change, if it does at all. But even if it doesn't, at least I've found a good moisturiser with a bit of retinol which helps improve very fine lines and skin texture. I've used this under light foundation, and I've not had any problems with dryness or oiliness, works just as well as a base as my usual moisturiser. I'm suspecting I will need to move to a cream with a higher concentration of retinol to achieve the results I'm after, but for now his works just fine and we will see what happens. Overall a thumb's up for this RoC product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rclove

I love love love this product! So gentle and i wake up with glowing skin. Doesn't sting or irritate. Highly recommend this lovely product for first time retinol users.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after hearing about Retin A and how it is supposed to help with acne and evening out skin tone (it speeds up cell turnover). However, you have to have a doctor prescription in order to purchase it. I haven't had time to make a doctor's appointment because I am away at college, so I decided to try this product, which has retinol in it (not as strong as retin a). I am also 20 years old, so my intention of using this product is not for signs of aging (yet!).

I bought mine at Walmart for about $17 (though at the time I did have a coupon so it was cheaper than 17). I started using this February 14 and so far I am pretty pleased! I apply this at night, every night, after I shower and use a big pea sized amount to put all over my face. I admit, sometimes it makes my skin sting a LITTLE, but nothing extreme. If it feels to extreme to you, apply every other night or more. It also makes my skin a little red (it is suppose to), but the reddness is gone by morning. After applying this and waiting for it to soak in and dry, I apply my regular moiturizer (Cetaphil's daily advanced lotion).

Since my first application, my skin has become very noticeably smoother, so much even my friends comment on it! This has been amazing for me because my foundation goes on so much smoother and more easy (and does not flake off in areas like it use to). My skin tone (which is a very uneven red) has also noticeable evened out, though not completely. However, I have found that I do not need to apply as much foundation as I used to because my skin is not as red.

As for acne, the pores around my nose appear less noticeable, however not completely gone. I do still break out around my chin area every often, but still an improvement from what I am use to. IT HAS NOT completely gotten rid of my acne.

In summary, after babbling on, I will definitely continue to purchase this product because it has made my skin smooth and more evened out. I hope with longer use it will continue to do great things!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by luckyemmie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first foray into retinol, and I have notoriously sensitive skin, so it seemed like a good choice. I started off using this every third night on completely dry skin, to ensure that my skin could get used to it. I will say that the morning after my first use, my skin felt so soft, and appeared more even. I experienced absolutely no irritation, and really enjoyed the results. The problem? I just couldn't get past the SMELL! I generally steer clear of anything with fragrance, and the smell of this is so strong and off-putting to me. It really lingers. So, if you're not bothered by fragrance, it's a nice choice. Now that I know that my skin tolerates retinol, I'm off to find something else.