October 23, 2014 | 865 users online

Primer/ Corrector - By Terry - Eclat de Teint Colour Skin Enhancer

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by blyss

Overview:
At first use, this product did not match the description at all and was disappointing. After playing with it for a few times, I've come to love it for other reasons and now it's part of my daily make up routine! It's a great primer and it does help with my oily skin without ruining or changing my foundation. It leaves my skin refreshed and smooth like a HG skincare. It is expensive and smelly but this might be the only primer that has worked so far in the summer for me.

My Skin:
I'm a NC25, Shu 774 (winter) or 764 (summer), BB Sand, and Armani Lasting Silk 4.5. I have warm undertones that are golden and not peach. My skin is mostly combo oily but I am finding I am now combo dry in the winter. I do react badly to chemical sunscreen and my skin is prone to break-outs to certain ingredients. I can guess you can say my skin is sensitive!

Product Colour or Pigmentation:
This product claims to be a colour skin enhancer but also have no real colour effect left on your skin after use. I bought this in Rose Lumiere to lift my dull skin in the spring time. It supposedly has "radiance enhancers that smooth, correct and light up dull skin". I honestly feel that this is overstating a lot. The radiance is very very subtle to the point I wouldn't place it as the primary effect. I wouldn't say it corrects either as I didn't see any obvious lighting of my dull skin.

Texture:
It claims to smooth and correct dull skin and erases all trace of shadows, smoothes the features, diminishes imperfections and revives the freshness of even the most tired complexions. I wouldn't go so far to say it does that. I will agree that it leaves a nice smooth feeling on the skin so the foundation just glides on. One thing that was a HUGE bonus was it's mattifying properties. I usually put this on before foundation and I noticed the oily sheen I sometimes have just goes away with this on. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and smooth. I was very happy with that aspect. As for erasing shadows... lol, high claims and I didn't see it. I did like how this made my foundation looks quite skin like for much longer than applying the foundation alone. It's a great primer plus a HE HG skincare effect in one.

Smell:
This product stinks ... REALLY STRONGLY. It is not a pleasant rose scent like other By Terry products. It's a strong and potent floral with a certain musk. Thankfully it goes away within a few minutes.

Cost:
This will set you back a decent amount. It cost $100 for 30 ml (1 oz). I highly recommend getting a sample before splurging on this. The container is quite luxurious so it helps soothe the wallet a bit when buying it (it's a ridiculously heavy frosted glass).

Why I Like it:
It doesn't meet the outlandish claims that is on the box but it has been the perfect primer that helps mattify my skin without overdrying and it helps my foundation look like skin. It does smooth my skin and leaves it very refreshed like a high end HG skincare. It doesn't break me out and so far, the jar has been with me for over 3 months. I think the entire jar can last for about 6 months of daily use.

Why I don't like it:
The smell... oh god, the smell. And the price just kills me. If I ever find something that is cheaper but does equally great, I would consider switching. I took off 1 rating for the smell and cost.

Would I buy it again?
Definitely. HG skincare refreshed smooth skin + great primer = a winning (but expensive) product.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No