December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Scoundrel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why do I dislike thee Butter London? Let me count the ways... thick polish that goes on streaky and gloppy, tiny brush that doesn't really fan out and spread polish well, polish dries too fast and is difficult to work with. On top of all that it is $15. Why do I keep buying this crap? Oh yeah, awesome photos on blogs and people singing it's praises and the gorgeous color plus a sale on all Butter London's coupled with an email savings club coupon. For crap polish. I have 14 Butter London's and only 1 that I have been pleased with as far as formula and color and staying power. They have some gorgeous colors and some clever names but I am tired of paying top dollar for polish that is of poor quality. I love the chic little Butter London bottles and they have a wonderfully small footprint and nest together so well and store so nicely, but that isn't why I buy a polish. I really like this warm dusty purple shade and it looks great on me. The polish only takes 2 coats to get a beautifully opaque coverage and this dries fairly quickly and has a shiny glossy finish. This is simply not worth the cost though. Not when I have .79 cent or $1.99 polishes that are easier to work with, wear as well and are just as pretty without the hassle. Sorry Butter London you are NOT worth the hype. I guess this falls under a lesson learned, a fool and his money are soon parted. I don't have to tell you who the fool was in this story.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Nessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely skin flattering purple shade! looks like Gel nails, nice streak free application too. Last about 3-4 days on me, while most polishes last 2 days :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Great colour. I'm an nc30 and it complimented my skin colour quite well. It was $17 dollars Canadian so it wasn't cheap... But this colour reminded me a lot of te discontinued opi "parlez vous opi" so I had to get it... For me, this product didnt chip or peel until I actually removed it with the polish remover, hence I'm very satisfied with this varnish and would buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colour is beautiful and it lasts for quite a while <3 It dries very shiny and fast~ If I applied it right, it would've been opaque in 2 coats :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, let me say I would NOT buy this polish again as a second purchase, but I am not crapping out the rating ...

The color: this is a gorgeous lavender-purple shade. In the bottle it looks much more subtle than it goes on, at least on me. I think this is because I have such strong blue undertones; for others, and I've read reviews elsewhere on-line, this goes on with a lot of smoke or gray undertones, probably for yellow based skin tones.

On moi, there isn't a smidgen of gray or smoke. Pure purple-lavender, and not very subtle. While it's a pretty color, I had hoped for something a little more understated, if I had wanted a bit of punch, I probably would have gone full throttle with Branwen's Feather, complete with shimmer and a darkened undertones. As it is, this isn't my favorite, not because I don't like the color, but it 1) isn't what I expected; 2) has a color punch that I normally reserve for real drama ....

The application: DIVINE. Another reason I won't crap out the rating. Butter London is ranks right up there with Lippmann for me. This color went on smooth (I used the Butter London Nail Foundation 'Flawless Basecoat,' but this is mostly for my nail ridges, I rarely have a problem with Butter London polishes chipping quickly) and I had complete coverage in one coat. Pretty amazing. And as with all Butter London polishes, it dries in record time .... even in the humidity.

So this is a beautiful color if you want a strong color punch ... if you have a lot of blue undertones, be aware that it will probably go on as a clearer color than it looks in the bottle. It'll give you a lot of bang for your buck, apply flawlessly, dry in record time, and last a good long while. The only reserve on my end is do I want this much color punch for that long a time ... usually not.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No