August 21, 2014 | 1636 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - RESIST Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD TWO SAMPLES.
This is a good 2 in 1 lotion/ sunscreen for dry skin. This felt heavy on my skin and grainy when I rubbed it on luckily that effect was temporary. Otherwise if the texture was better I'de give it 4 stars. The directions are unclear it instructs you to wait 25 minutes before going out, but a sunblock usually works immediately, and this is 8% titanium dioxide.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Not crazy about this. The Titanium Dioxide level is so high that it actually aggravates my rosacea. I get brand new pustules (ew) every single time I use this. Sometimes I think I am better off with synthetic sunscreens, even with rosacea. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Athena2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update: I bumped this up to a five, and I am now repurchasing it. I bought the Resist Super-light SPF 30 to replace this and it was definitely better but it just a bit too drying for me. I have been thoroughly mixing the two Resist sunscreens in my palm before application for the past few days, and it's been perfect for me. It soaks right in, there is no smell, it doesn't leave a white cast, it provides some moisture, and my skin feels soft after I put it on. This is the first time in my life I haven't dreaded putting sunscreen on my face! I do wish Paula's Choice would change the top on this to a flip top like the Super-light; the top is a hassle to handle with sunscreen hands.

I can't stand the feel of sunscreen on my face, so I don't feel that it's fair to give this three lippies. However, this is the only Paula's Choice product I've tried that I haven't loved. It seems to sit on my face forever, and I have dry skin. I realized how much I didn't like it when I recently ordered samples of Paula's Choice sunscreens for oily skin and LOVED them. The resist Super-light and the Hydralight are awesome!

I'm giving this a higher rating because my mother-in-law loves it, and I know I am picky about sunscreens. Plus, it has a number of amazing ingredients in it that are great for the skin. It's just not quite right for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a simple question: how can someone who harshly criticizes /judges all other skin care brands release a daily moisturizer with no proper UVA protection? Does she really think that people are still so stupid to look primarily into the SPF number instead of studying the ingredient list for UVA agents?? Titanium dioxide is not zinc oxide and does not protect you against long wave UVA!
To be clear: I like lots of her products, just get annoyed in general by the SPF labeling.... 30, 50, 100 - who cares, if a cream does not contain long wave UVA protection?

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a HG for dry-sensitive skin. If your skin is not dry, I mean dry dry, don't try it. If you break out, get redness, flaky skin, or are under some seriously drying treatment/serious winter, this is a good option. I prefer it to the moisture boost and to the skin recovery SPF creams by Paula. It is more moisturizing for me, I had absolutely no adverse reactions, and -it should be said - this one does have more beneficial ingredients. I get a beautiful dewy finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The good: the lotion is fairly moisturizing, it dries to a lovely powdery finish, and has only a faint white cast. The bad: It can take a while to dry on humid days (I speed things up with my hair dryer on the cool setting), and the titanium dioxide sucks all the moisture out of my skin as the day progresses (I know it's the td as Bobbi Brown's mineral foundation has td and does the same thing to me). The questionable: the titanium dioxide does NOT protect against the full range of UVA rays (it blocks UBA1 rays only). I suppose it is good that this sunscreen exists for those whose cannot use zinc oxide or chemical sunscreens, but I feel that to not tell consumers that a td-only sunscreen is not giving them full protection against UVA rays is misleading.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Whaaaaat, you guys are crazy! I adored this! i got a sample and now I absolutely want the full size. The lack of scent is fantastic because I can't stand smelly face products, it looked quite matte (on my dry/combination skin) and did not leave a white cast and it provided a nice velvety canvas for foundation. It's full of antioxidants and retinol too which is one the few things that actually *will* make your skin look younger and better in the short and long term, it also contains an SPF of 25.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though I don't always agree with her, I usually really like her products and have found them very beneficial to my skin, but not this one. I have always heard that zinc oxide is one of the best sunscreens out there and with summer around the corner and this being about 50% off it's usual price, I had to try it. I'm still trying it. This must be for very, very, very dry skin. None of my foundations look right applied over this. I found the consistency to be pretty sticky and did not absorb into my skin well at all. Mind you, I've been using Trentinoin and my skin is pretty dry right now but this stuff just sits on top of my skin. You can definately tell it's screening something. It also gives me a whitish cast which I was halfway expecting because of the zinc. It has lots of beneficial ingredients but I can't tell if their working because I hate how this feels on my skin and can't bring myself to use it. My foundations seem to cake up even if I apply this lightly. I did find it's passable used under a powder foundation but it feels heavy overall. I'm not a big fan of the tube either because you have to twist it up and squeeze out the product and even when you've squeezed out a small amount, once you close it, more squeezes out wasting product. I can see why this was marked off so much. Not a fan at all. Sorry Paula, I think turnabout is fair play and you need to eat some crow on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got two sample envelopes of this moisturiser when I bought another full-size PC product. One envelope I used and one I'll throw out. It's like a white ointment that smells bad and that didn't absorb into my skin, leaving my face feeling sticky and unpleasant. It may be a great sunscreen but I'll stick to my Neutrogena Ageless Instensives with SPF 20 - it's way more to my liking.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Caused me to break out. I am a big fan of pc but this product was not a winner with my skin. I stopped using it, eventually convinced myself maybe it is not the problem. Tried a second time and broke out again. I have sensitive skin on the dry side. Felt a lot like a sunscreen and not very moisturizing.