Paula's Choice RESIST Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25

3.1

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Other Ingredients: Water, Tribehenin (skin conditioning agent), PEG-20 Esters (thickener), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate (silicone slip agents), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Caprylyl Methicone (skin conditioning agent), Stearic Acid, Squalane (emollients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidants), Ubiquinone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Oryzanol, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract, Buddleja Davidii Extract (antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate (emollient), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Cetyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickeners), Polyacrylamide (film-forming agent), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer (polymer-base texture enhancer), Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer (binding agent), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Thymus Vulgaris Extract (antioxidant), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Alumina (thickeners), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol (preservatives).

on 2/13/2015 11:45:00 PM

I was anxious to try this cause it is oil free and has titanium dioxide and the ingredients seem top-notch. At first if felt very greasy going on, but then dried up after 30 minutes and settled into every fine line and blemish making me look 10 yrs older. By the end of the day I looked downright scary as it aged me and ruined my makeup.
I usually love mineral sunscreens, but this one was horrible. Wish she would quit reformulating products and keep some of the ones that many of us started using a while ago!

on 1/17/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer! It is one of the few products with SPF that makes my skin feel soft, hydrated, and most important DOES NOT BURN my eyes!

on 8/6/2014 4:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD TWO SAMPLES.
This is a good 2 in 1 lotion/ sunscreen for dry skin. This felt heavy on my skin and grainy when I rubbed it on luckily that effect was temporary. Otherwise if the texture was better I'de give it 4 stars. The directions are unclear it instructs you to wait 25 minutes before going out, but a sunblock usually works immediately, and this is 8% titanium dioxide.

on 4/1/2014 10:59:00 AM

Not crazy about this. The Titanium Dioxide level is so high that it actually aggravates my rosacea. I get brand new pustules (ew) every single time I use this. Sometimes I think I am better off with synthetic sunscreens, even with rosacea. Ugh.

on 4/1/2014 12:04:00 AM

Update: I bumped this up to a five, and I am now repurchasing it. I bought the Resist Super-light SPF 30 to replace this and it was definitely better but it just a bit too drying for me. I have been thoroughly mixing the two Resist sunscreens in my palm before application for the past few days, and it's been perfect for me. It soaks right in, there is no smell, it doesn't leave a white cast, it provides some moisture, and my skin feels soft after I put it on. This is the first time in my life I haven't dreaded putting sunscreen on my face! I do wish Paula's Choice would change the top on this to a flip top like the Super-light; the top is a hassle to handle with sunscreen hands.

I can't stand the feel of sunscreen on my face, so I don't feel that it's fair to give this three lippies. However, this is the only Paula's Choice product I've tried that I haven't loved. It seems to sit on my face forever, and I have dry skin. I realized how much I didn't like it when I recently ordered samples of Paula's Choice sunscreens for oily skin and LOVED them. The resist Super-light and the Hydralight are awesome!

I'm giving this a higher rating because my mother-in-law loves it, and I know I am picky about sunscreens. Plus, it has a number of amazing ingredients in it that are great for the skin. It's just not quite right for my skin.

Just a simple question: how can someone who harshly criticizes /judges all other skin care brands release a daily moisturizer with no proper UVA protection? Does she really think that people are still so stupid to look primarily into the SPF number instead of studying the ingredient list for UVA agents?? Titanium dioxide is not zinc oxide and does not protect you against long wave UVA!
To be clear: I like lots of her products, just get annoyed in general by the SPF labeling.... 30, 50, 100 - who cares, if a cream does not contain long wave UVA protection?

on 12/26/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This a HG for dry-sensitive skin. If your skin is not dry, I mean dry dry, don't try it. If you break out, get redness, flaky skin, or are under some seriously drying treatment/serious winter, this is a good option. I prefer it to the moisture boost and to the skin recovery SPF creams by Paula. It is more moisturizing for me, I had absolutely no adverse reactions, and -it should be said - this one does have more beneficial ingredients. I get a beautiful dewy finish.

on 10/23/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The good: the lotion is fairly moisturizing, it dries to a lovely powdery finish, and has only a faint white cast. The bad: It can take a while to dry on humid days (I speed things up with my hair dryer on the cool setting), and the titanium dioxide sucks all the moisture out of my skin as the day progresses (I know it's the td as Bobbi Brown's mineral foundation has td and does the same thing to me). The questionable: the titanium dioxide does NOT protect against the full range of UVA rays (it blocks UBA1 rays only). I suppose it is good that this sunscreen exists for those whose cannot use zinc oxide or chemical sunscreens, but I feel that to not tell consumers that a td-only sunscreen is not giving them full protection against UVA rays is misleading.

on 10/8/2013 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Whaaaaat, you guys are crazy! I adored this! i got a sample and now I absolutely want the full size. The lack of scent is fantastic because I can't stand smelly face products, it looked quite matte (on my dry/combination skin) and did not leave a white cast and it provided a nice velvety canvas for foundation. It's full of antioxidants and retinol too which is one the few things that actually *will* make your skin look younger and better in the short and long term, it also contains an SPF of 25.

on 5/27/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Even though I don't always agree with her, I usually really like her products and have found them very beneficial to my skin, but not this one. I have always heard that zinc oxide is one of the best sunscreens out there and with summer around the corner and this being about 50% off it's usual price, I had to try it. I'm still trying it. This must be for very, very, very dry skin. None of my foundations look right applied over this. I found the consistency to be pretty sticky and did not absorb into my skin well at all. Mind you, I've been using Trentinoin and my skin is pretty dry right now but this stuff just sits on top of my skin. You can definately tell it's screening something. It also gives me a whitish cast which I was halfway expecting because of the zinc. It has lots of beneficial ingredients but I can't tell if their working because I hate how this feels on my skin and can't bring myself to use it. My foundations seem to cake up even if I apply this lightly. I did find it's passable used under a powder foundation but it feels heavy overall. I'm not a big fan of the tube either because you have to twist it up and squeeze out the product and even when you've squeezed out a small amount, once you close it, more squeezes out wasting product. I can see why this was marked off so much. Not a fan at all. Sorry Paula, I think turnabout is fair play and you need to eat some crow on this one.