Wet 'n' Wild FastDry - Ebony Hates Chris

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Probably only the best black polish you'll ever buy. There are no others!
You know how there's a bunch of black polishes out there that claim to be black but just end up being poop? Well this isn't one. THIS IS THE BEST BLACK POLISH EVER NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY!

I got it from my local drug store (Rite Aid) for $3.99. Which is an amazing price for an amazing product.

It's so opaque. There is no such thing as 2 coats with this. All you need is one! Even on the darkest of nail beds. And on top of that it is ACTUAL BLACK.

I've had this polish for 2 years now and it has barely gotten thick. I use an excessive amount on nail art so yes it is opened frequently.

Of course there's always a downside, though. The brush is a a teensy big especially if you have curved nails like mine but you'll find a way to use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is one of my go-to colors, not just for nail art but also for glitter topping and layering to "remix" nail colors like purple. It also looks wonderful matte with or without glitter.

I love the brush in the Fast Dry line; it glides on my nail near effortlessly. Formula wise, Ebony's near opaque in one coat, and evens beautifully. I personally need two for full opacity. It's advertised as a fast dry polish and it is dry to the touch relatively quickly. I would still use a fast dry top coat and to be careful using your hands for the next fifteen minutes, however, just to prevent smudging and to make the color glossier.

I just recently bought my second bottle, I loved it that much. The Wild Shine line black is good, but I find this superior. For two dollars not on sale, this is certainly worth your attention.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this! Wasted $10 on both OPI and Essie. OPI was too thick with a splayed brush, Essie was thin and gloppy at the same time. Cnfusing, I know. This is perfect in 2 coats, topped with Seche Vite. I'm using Essie's First Base as a bas4 coat, but Gripper from Sally's is much better. A $2 jewel, if you love black, and I do. I did get a good, flat sided brush, not splayed out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful black creme that is opaque in 1 coat, dries fast and shiny, and applies smoothly and without streaks or balding. All this for less than $2. I had heard of this one on blogs and vlogs with the nail community and for a long time I kept passing it by in favor of other black polishes and then a couple on months ago, I picked this up for 1.99 at Walgreen's. Well, I should have tried this little gem out years ago. This is now one of my favorite most reached for polishes of all. You can't beat it for performance and price. This is better than a lot of higher priced polishes and wears well for me. This has a nice thin brush and it's easy to get precise lines and edges with it and it still does a 3 stroke application for most fingertips. Thumbs still take more with this standard size brush. I even pulled this out again today to use for adding some chevron french tips to my cookies and cream manicure. (Maybelline Clearly Spotted over Sally Hansen Stocking Nude) This is a fantastic polish - it's got a high rating and much polish blog love for a reason.

My "go to" black polish. Just perfect, if you're careful you can get opacity with just one coat. It's the brush that I don't like, it feels like a broom.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this during Halloween time to use and I love it!!!!! Very nice solid black color that dries fast!!

I don't like the brush too much but I can deal with it. Overall I'm pretty impressed with this color and the best of all....ZERO staining and easy to remove!!!

This is my favorite, go-to black creme nail polish. It dries fast and smooth and it's almost a one-coater.

LOVE this one-coater black. HATE the scraggly brush. Aside from the brush, the formula and pigmentation of this polish are unbeatable. It's thick enough to give perfect, opaque coverage with minimum effort, but without being gloppy, and at $1.99 when not on sale, the price is pretty unbeatable. Drug stores often have B1G1 50% off sales, making this gem even more affordable. It always blows my mind when someone pays premium polish prices for a basic black, when this guy is sitting there for a buck and change.

This black polish is fast drying and has great coverage. It's tied with WnW Black Creme for my favorite black polish. I use black creme for water marbling and plan on trying this one for stamping as I have heard both do work for that. I definitely will rebuy!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

As previously said, this polish needs just one coat, two if you are looking for beyond perfection. I like black polish but won't wear it that often since it's a nightmare to remove - good thing only one coat is needed for this brand. The brush has much to be desired as it has the look of a worn out frayed toothbrush. I will buy again.