October 2, 2014 | 968 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Honeysuckle

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by MariaStreet

The balm is a lovely sheer shade, that is perfect for simultaneously moisturizing and toning down very pigmented lips.

I am always looking for ways to mute my naturally red lips, but without the drying factor of nude lipsticks, or the overdone look of many nude glosses; Honeysuckle does just this!

It can be easily applied without a mirror- this makes it a perfect on the go, or at work make up product.

About the packaging- I agree with other reviewers- it is pretty excessive for no apparent reason. But to Burt and his bees' credit, it's what initially made me notice the product in the first place.

The card packaging has a little swatch that gives a better idea than a plastic cap would, so that might be partly why they did it that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because I thought it'll give a sheer color to my lips while moisturizing it with an all natural balm. The texture is very creamy and glides very well. The color I thought was nice and sheer. I look at a mirror in different lighting one day, I realized that this color is really rich like lipstick. This isn't a little tint for the lips. it is a lipstick that stays on top of your lips without really soaking in.

To me, this is a creamy lipstick in a lip balm tube. It is so creamy that the balm is very mushy right now. Wish it was harder and gave a natural tint rather than a heavy lipstick in a natural/nude color.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

All of the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms that I have tried have the same level of moisturizing going for them - they're emollient enough that my lips don't feel dry at all at then end of the day but not enough that would be a good choice for healing already dry, chapped lips. In my experience, this makes them A LOT more moisturizing than the non-tinted Burt's Bees products. They all have the staying power of a standard lip balm and the bonus of being sheer enough that I am not paranoid about reapplying without mirror. The scents are soft and slightly sweet and there is a subtle sweet flavor as well. The packaging is a bit over the top - they come in these large and unnecessary cardboard tubes that make the product look huge, but inside is just a standard sized lip balm.

Honeysuckle is a very light, peachy nude color and I like it a lot. I have relatively pigmented lips and this balm won't cover them, but it does change their color subtly. It's as much color as I would expect from a tinted lip balm versus a lipstick.

It's nice and will continue to use it until it's gone but probably won't repurchase, simply because I have so many lip products that I love whereas this, I just like. If you're looking for a sheer tint that is readily available at most drug stores, I would recommend this lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by barbaramaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my third tube of this product. It provides a sheer wash of color and plenty of moisture without being sticky or waxy. This shade (honeysuckle) is what I would consider to be in the nude color family. It's versatile and I've used it alone as a balm as well as with nude lipliner in place of lipstick or gloss on casual days. Hope they never discontinue this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bluefullmoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on the lookout for a good tinted lip balm for a long time. Because I am still a student, I like lip balms that are in the chapstick shape rather than held in a lipstick form. Burt's Bees has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to give their tinted lip balms a try after seeing some swatches on various blogs.
I picked up honeysuckle because of the natural pinkness; I wanted a 'my lips but better' shade. The moment I set eyes on the product, I was taken aback: there's no way the lip balm is that big. And I was right. The lip balm is encased in layers of packaging, and the actual product is around the size as a normal lip balm.
My lips are rather pigmented, yet honeysuckle was still able to enhance my natural lip color. The moisturizing properties were also very effective, and it always left my lips feeling smooth and refreshed. The only pet peeve I have about this product is the waxy feeling it leaves after application, as well as the staying power. However, for a tinted lip balm, it's not bad, and I would love to try the other colors in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this at Whole Foods, but was hesitant to buy it becuase it seems expensive for a 'chapstick'. luckily I tried it cause I love it! firstly, i wear chap stick all the time. PERFORMANCE: i like this lip balm because it feels really nice and does a decent job moisturizing my dry lips. FEEL: it does have a little bit of a waxy coat (similar to applying warm chapstick) feel, but I dont mind it. I find that other lip treatment doesnt feel a bit waxy, it doesnt 'coat' the lips and doesnt moisten. COLOR: i have tan skin and most 'peachy or rosy ' lip colours look 'orange' on me. Honeysuckle looks peach in the tube, but it's very sheer and just lightens my natural lip colour with a little gloss. I saw some reviews on youtube where the gurls wear this to tone done the shade of their lipstick OR to prime their lios for matte lipsticks that might otherwise dry their lios. I will definitely try it! PACKAGING: it's small just like a regular chapstick so it's convenient to carry around everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This feels smooth but its very drying and makes my lips peel. The color "tint" is hardly there its basically sheer. I don't like the peppermint flavor. I would have prefered honeysuckle or unflavored. Disapointing really.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by stacy726

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lip balm! Great color, not sticky and no weird taste. Would absolutely buy again. Do wish it had SPF but I guess you can't have everything - still my HG in lip balms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Colour? There is absolutely none. Ppl who are saying there is- wow. Srsly? There is probably a very delicate, faint tint if ur lips were white, but for normal pinky or slightly pigmented lips? U can't tell. Anyway my lips get dry pretty fast if i use it, under that waxy layer, so i think this is basically useless

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by NanoBabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I rarely ever buy expensive lip balms like Burt's Bees, but I included it in a gift for my sister-in-law, and she raved about it, so I caved in. I really like this because I have chronically chapped lips in the winter, and they become this bright red/pink lip color that looks weird with my paler winter skin tone. So this color works perfectly on top, it seems to neutralize the color and gives off a nice slightly pinkish nude color. I shy away from lipsticks and lip glosses in the winter because they always seem to accentuate the chapped-ness and the shine draws even more attention to it. So this softens my lips while also adding some subtle color. It doesn't do an especially good job at moisturizing, I usually slather on another lip balm before it (Blistex deep conditioning treatment), but it melts right in. If I find another tinted lip balm of a similar shade, I'll probably ditch this, but it works well for now!