October 31, 2014 | 1466 users online

Treatments (Face) - Sophyto Multivitamin Facial Serum

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though the ingredients have remained the same, this product has gone through several different packaging and name incarnations. First it was Skin Energizing High Potency Concentrate, packaged in 5 ml ampules. Then it was Multivitamin Skin Drops in a 1-ounce pump bottle. Now it is Multivitamin Facial Serum, though still in a 1-ounce pump bottle.

I love Sophyto Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser, recently renamed Natural Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, so I was eager to try another Sophyto product. This serum seemed to have some great ingredients. I have sensitive skin, and I read the warning in the product description that "if you have sensitive skin you may experience a 'blushing' effect from the increase in circulation." However, the ingredients seemed so benign that I couldn't imagine having a reaction to any of them, so I ordered the serum and eagerly awaited its arrival.

A "blushing" effect? It looked more like a severe sunburn on my face. The redness did subside after 30 minutes or so, but I don't think that anything that causes that kind of reaction can be good for my skin. The only positive things about this product are that it provided enough hydration for my combination skin and it didn't cause breakouts.

Ingredients: Water, glycerin, beta-glucan, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium hyaluronate, *burdock root extract, *dandelion root extract, *aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, levulinic acid, potassium sorbate, glyceryl stearate, *alcohol denat, *yeast extract, tocopherol acetate, tocopherol, ubiquinone, ascorbyl palmitate, thiamine HCl, pyridoxine, sodium hydroxide.

*Organic, 92% of the agricultural ingredients are produced organically.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No