Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 8/4/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this cleanser! I noticed that it reduces the blemishes I have. I use this at night for removing my makeup. I do also use a eye makeup remover for my mascara and eyeliner, but the rest of my makeup comes off with this cleanser. It's soothing, and does not dry out your skin. I always repurchase this product and sometimes I'll use the regular one that comes in the tan packaging. I will continue to repurchase. The only complaint I have is that the pump sometimes clogs up, but not too bad. It just gets stopped up and goes back.

on 6/24/2015 3:16:00 PM

I will always have love for this cleanser. I used it exclusively through most of my 20s. Around the time I hit 30 I found it a bit too drying...not horribly so but enough that after washing I felt the need to apply moisturizer immediately-you know, that squeaky clean tight feeling. Also it doesn't suit my needs anymore as my breakouts are few and far between. But as I recall it left my skin very soft and glowing, and helped keep it clear...I wouldn't say this is a heavy duty acne fighter but if you have very mild acne and your skin cant tolerate harsher acne products with 2% salicylic acid this is a good alternative. I would definitely recommend this over any of that clean and clear crap-or even the Neutrogena acne line (their pink grapefruit cleanser dried my skin out to the point where I felt like my face was gonna crack and bleed!). Nice gentle foam, nice subtle scent. Works well with the matching moisturizer

I've been using this cleanser since 2007. It works well for me - I had a bit of teen acne back then, but it was never severe, and it still works well for me as my skin has grown up. I really like the light smell of this cleanser and the fact that it's a gentle foaming cleanser because I've never really liked using creamy cleansers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently bought this in the hopes that it would clear up a breakout. I haven't had a breakout in quite some time so I was kinda freaking out. When I first used it, my skin noticeably looked more even. However, when I woke up the next morning my face hurt, so bad. It felt SO dry and irritated. It was actually stinging. I'm having trouble describing the pain, because I've never experienced it. Not only that, but my breakout only got worse and left the texture of my skin so strange looking and feeling. I believe I had an allergic reaction to something in this, and I'm almost positive it is the soy since that was the first time using it on my body.

on 5/30/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, when I first used this product it worked amazing and did wonders. It left my skin soft and there was hardly any dryness and I saw a huge difference. But now it doesn't even work anymore. After constantly buying this product its time to finally change my face wash because this is ridiculous. My face is left oily, red blemishes everywhere and to top it off full of bumps. 10/10 would not recommend anymore.

on 5/29/2015 8:41:00 PM

First two weeks, working great.
And then breakout. Right before my graduation.
I guess it is the soy problem other had mentioned. I never used anything soy before, but now I know soy and me will not go along :P

--Update--
I have no idea about how dumb I am, but clearly I am stupider than I originally believed. I checked all the inactive ingredient and found nothing should offend my skin. Without looking at the active ingredient. It is not soy. It is because of the 0.5% of salicylic acid.
Two years ago, I used another scrub with salicylic acid for two times and had the worst breakout. I abandoned that bottle and actually stopped using any cleanser or scrub for one and a half year.
I have no idea how can I miss it. The front of the bottle labelled salicylic acid already and I was blind enough to not see it.
However, if you don't have such strong reaction to salicylic acid, this is not a bad choice. I can feel my face is clean and fresh, and it doesn't stripe all the oil.

on 5/15/2015 12:26:00 PM

Very drying after multiple uses on me
My face had a weird texture after using it

on 5/15/2015 12:11:00 PM

OMG MY SKIN IS ON FIRE!
I recently had a trip to the dermatologist and I have acne at 21 years old! Yay me!
I had purchased this product months ago before my acne got out of control and when I didn't see a difference I stopped using it.
When my dermatologist mentioned the product I told her it didn't do anything, her response? "You probably stopped using it before it started working."
Okay, fair enough, I had read enough to know acne treatments take time to work. So I decided to pull out the face wash.
I noticed in the beginning I had a few more break outs than normal but for the most part nothing else really felt wrong. I kept telling myself, "it'll get worse before it gets better."
But now, I've been using this face wash twice a day for a week and I'm convinced its the reason for my itchy, burning, dry, red skin (and that's excluding all the gross pimples on my face right now).
This is a terrible and horrible feeling. I'm throwing the rest of this product out ASAP!
Now I have to figure out how to heal my skin :(

on 4/5/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Omg I love this product. Its my first week of using and it really cleans. I have aging sensitive oily skin acne prone.
No redness not over drying after one use my acne was clearing up and my face felt smoother. The price of 6.99 is great. I've tried numerous high end products that didn't do the job that this product does.
This is a keeper for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail cleanser! I found this a few years ago, and now I'm totally hooked. I have acne prone sensitive skin, and I cannot use a lot of heavy duty acne type skin care systems, like Proactive, etc. They always irritate the ph in my skin and cause more acne, even if for a little while my acne clears up, and they always dry my skin out too much. This stuff doesn't irritate me, doesn't dry out my face, but it keeps me blemish free. I don't use it everyday, I rotate between the Aveeno skin brightening cleanser and this. The other helps to lighten dark areas and any scars, while this one keeps my skin clear. I also use the scrub occasionally, and it's amazing too. If they ever discontinue this I will throw a fit, because it's one of the only cleanser that has ever worked for me.