October 1, 2014 | 2084 users online

Masks - Lacura - Ultra Firming Mask, for Mature Skin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am still undecided as to whether I would buy this again. Normally fragranced products don't bother me too much but I find the fragrance in this overwhelming (one lippie off for that).

This does hydrate quite well whether you use it as a mask or a night cream, but I find it hard to put up with the smell for more than about 10 minutes so I usually just use it as a mask. I was also quite suprised at the non greasy texture. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who is sensitive to fragrances, especially if you get fragrance induced headaches or migraines, after a few minutes this does make me feel quite "headachey".

On the upside this is really cheap, normally AUD $3.99 I got it on special for $3.00 so if fragranced products don't bother you this might be worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about this mask on Paula's site. I know, her reviews are biased, blah blah - I always take them with a grain of salt. But when a $2.99 product gets such a rave review, I figured it was worth a try.

Sure, I'm getting a little older, but I don't think I have mature skin yet. However, I recently started using the Olay Regenerist Serum and I absolutely love what it's done for my skin. So, from Paula's rave about the product to the promising list of ingredients, I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's hard to find Lacura products. You have to live near an Aldi, and they have to actually stock Lacura. It seems that Aldi is slowly (sadly) moving towards discontinuing the sales of Lacura products (NO!!!). I got my hands on this mask and Lacura foundation by asking an awesome friend to get them for me.

The scent of the mask is very light and floral. I actually really like the scent - IMO it adds to the mask by making it smell pleasant. Supposedly this is the least scented of Lacura's masks.

Now, for those who don't know - the "mature skin" claims are really just claims - there's not really any products that will heal mature skin, so the formulations are really for everyone. Don't be fooled by the "mature skin" label!

This mask is extremely hydrating. I use it more as a night cream than a mask - I cleanse and exfoliate my face as usual, tone, and use my Regenerist serum, and then I put on a thin layer of this mask. In the morning, my face is bright, ungreasy, and refreshed. It has not broken me out and I have super sensitive easily irritable skin. Paula was so right about this product!

I love it because it is gentle but my face feels very hydrated after I use this. The bottle says to only use once a week and to avoid the eye area - I do avoid the eye area since it's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your eyes - but I've used this more than once a week and it's been okay. I'm not sure why you can't use it every day. Maybe it exfoliates a little, since I do see Lactic Acid in the ingredients.

Ingredients:
Water, Myristyl Myristate, Glycerin, Jojoba Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Serine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Ubiquinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Bisabolol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid