July 26, 2014 | 1510 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - 83 Piece Essential Makeup Collection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by swirleycoffee

Don't restrict ELF products to the tween set, there are some gems here! I picked this up at Marshall's for $19.99. The real draw for me was the shadows. I was looking to try some new colors and application methods and this lets me narrow down what colors I'd like to buy in a full size. This will keep me off of drugstore impulse purchases for a while!

In short:
eyeshadows: nice texture and pigment to most of them, but all the pastel nude shades were kind of chalky
blushes:quite nice actually, I liked the plum color.
Powders/Bronzers:Contour powder was very dark, so use a light hand! The bronzer is a similar tone, but with lots of gold shimmer. The highlight is actually very nice on the eyes for a PPP like me. Lighter bronzer is too peachy for me.
Lipgloss: eh, they could have replaced this with a tube of clear l/g. None of the colors show up very well, and I have very pale lips.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I bought this for my tween niece as a Christmas present. She's just gotten into makeup and I thought it would make a great starter. I order this off of the website and was pleasantly surprised how nice this looked. If I hadn't just ordered the Coastal Scents palette I probably would have ordered this for myself. The quality seems okay, for an inexpensive product. I think it's perfect for the younger crowd experimenting with makeup. It's nice that it has a lot of neutral colors as well.