September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Estee Lauder - Day Wear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kiwiblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice. Gives a hint of colour and a lovely 'glow' without being greasy. I find no need for a separate moisturiser with this product, however powder is a must in the t-zone. I do add sunscreen under this in summer as SPF15 is not sufficient. Can be a little dark for me in winter (NW20) but perfect in summer. Only downside - very expensive in NZ for a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by helenelizabee

I really love this stuff. It's a greyish liquid that blends out to a sheer but fairly dark tint. I would only recommend it for use in the summer months as the colour is fairly dark & not at all if you are very fair skinned as it might lean orangey on you. For me however, I find it ticks all the boxes for use in warmer weather. It provides a light, sheer coverage that blends beautifully & adds a nice healthy glow to my skin. It's moisturising but not too oily so doesn't slide off my face. I tan my body but never my face so the tint it provides helps match my face & neck to the rest of my body while protecting the skin on my face as it contains an SPF of 15. It smells like cucumber & has a cooling effect when you apply it. The packaging is lovely too. The only downside to this is the price. I bought mine in duty free on the way back from a holiday so it wasn't as expensive. I can see myself repurchasing this but would definitely shop around & try to buy it on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Rhona30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, when I first purchased it I hated it. I am pretty pale and it made me way too dark even when I took it down my neck, but I've found a great way to use it!

I have been mixing it with a foundation that's too pale and it's perfect, it sits lovely on my skin and makes my face look great. It seems to be the perfect consistency for me, not too dry or oily.

Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid that apart from the lovely packaging, I didn't like this moisturiser at all. It has an unusual "gritty" texture which feels somewhat unpleasant to apply. It starts off a pale green/blue shade and then adjusts to quite a dark tint upon blending. I didn't like the tint as it settles in fine lines and looks odd. Also the tint is too orange and dark overall for my liking. Neither does it stay matte, as with most (all?) products containing sunscreen, it becomes shiny very quickly.

I was disappointed to discover that it makes my eyes burn and water terribly, and I don't even apply it near my eyes, it just manages to irritate them severely regardless.

Finally, for a very average product, it is really pricey - I think around $68 AUD. Bleah!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Dan2151975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smell, texture and feeling are great

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this product for the summer, when all that foundation is too heavy on your skin. Also, this is a tint moisturiser, so you don't need any cream before using this BB.
It has some grains but after rubbing them on your skin, they release a nice colour, subtle I must say. I mean, I have an yellow skin, NC20-25 and it is not that noticeable on my skin. It looks glowy, healthy, but not that pigmented.
I've read some other comments about an orange tint, probably for those with fair skin...
I will repurchase it as it is perfect for summer. Sometimes, during cold days, I use it before my foundation for that ultra coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am such an EL skin care fan do not know how I am just discovering this amazing product. I think because this is 'sold under the skin care line, and I was looking for tinted moisturizers as make up, I just passed over this gem.

I do not wear foundation so I am always maintaining an arsenal of good skin care products. So When I wanted to try a light to sheer tinted moisturizer...I do not know why EL did not come to mind (other than I was thinking make up and EL for me is skin care). I think because I only look to her for skin care (I do love her Sumptuous Bold Mascara) and every one raves about DW foundation which I knew I was not interested in. I did try the invisible Fluid with high hopes but it broke me out.

Well any way I found this and Daywear Multi Protection Anti Oxidant Moisturizer SPF 30 in a CCO. I love Daywear cream but did not like the jar and the SPF 15 was too low I thought.

These work great together and give me the SPF I want, packaging is great so anti oxidants will remain stable (this Daywear Lotion for Normal/Combination skin SPF 30 is in a tube similar to the older packaging of the Sheer Tint Release). Leaves just a hint of evenness in color, lovely cucumber sent, excellent same Daywear moisturizing powerhouse ingredients for skin and healthy glow not oily like the Laura Mercier.

I am going back to buy back ups, as they only sell the SPF 30 moisturizers in select markets so it may be on its way out. I have never seen it at any EL counter I visit. Now the Sheer Tint Release is at my local EL counter but getting at the CCO is nice for the discount and I think this may be the original formula, but it works great for me. A definite repurchase and new Holy Grail.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used a tube of this, and repurchased, but it's just too dark a tint for me; I'm an NC 15, NC20 at most once tanned and it only suits me at my most tanned. The rest of the time, I need to use it so lightly that it doesn't moisturise enough so I don't think I get the benefits you pay for with the Daywear line.
I also don't like the 'gritty' texture of this and this seemed worse in my second tube, I think they have changed the formulation and I've thrown away the second tube now. Really not worth the price, there are so many tinted moisturisers/European 'BB' creams out there now with skincare benefits that suit slightly paler skintones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by 211Rainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I DON'T recommend this product as a tinted moisturizer! It may work if you're quite tanned and if you blend a small amount really well, but on me it looks too orangey, even in the summer. But what I loooove to use it for is a BRONZER! I just blend a small amount on the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and on my temples and this is the only 'bronzer' that looks natural on me! Because of the consistency of a tinted moisturizer it looks like real skin, and because the colour is a bit too orangey/reddish for a TM it looks like a real tan! So if you have this products lying around, gathering dust because you cannot make it work all over your face, try this! I'm not sure if I would buy it again. Probably not, maybe if I'm looking for a good bronzer when this one runs out. But it'll last me a long time! As a bronzer, this stuff is definitely not that pricey if you know that you get 50ml of bronzer ;) give it a go!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

I really wanted this product to work, especially after i spent 60euros for it, and because estee lauder is a brand with faithful customers who rave about the product. Plus, the youtube bloggers pixiwoo's love it.
However, it is way too orange for my fair nw15 skin and it has a fragrance which may not be adored by everyone(at least me). furthermore, whenever i wear it under my makeup(since its coverage isn't enough for me-although i didn't expect more coverage since it is a moisturizer), I get blackheads the next day and clogged pores.
I have to admit though that it makes an excellent makeup base, especially in summer, cause i m getting slightly more tanned and I can get away with the dark colour.