October 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Kinkier Curling Spray Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by curltramp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first used this with an Aussie mousse (I always use a mousse/gel combo.). I wasn't happy, but I think the mousse is the problem. I've paired it with other gels, and never had good results. It has bad reviews so it must be bad news. My hair ended up stringy and wouldn't hold a curl. It has oils in it or something weird that weighs down my hair. My hair is naturally wavy and can go curly or straight depending on the weather and what I want to do.

I paired the Got 2 Be with my standby mousse: Loreal Springing Curls, and got great results! I'm not used to spray gels, but thought I'd get this b/c I had a coupon. It doesn't take a lot to get hold and the crunch factor that I want. The smell is a little strange, but fades quickly. It smells super fruity like mangoes. Of course, weather plays a big role if you're like me and have wavy hair. But, usually in the summer, I can get it to curl regardless of what products I use. This gave me the curls and then some w/o weighing it down. I have a fine/medium hair type. I'd definitely buy this again - it has turned me into a spray gel girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Curling Spray Gel, how did I pass by you for years??? Shame on me. I have long 3a/3b curls. I generously spray from bottom to top and work in...then randomly place clips and air dry or diffuse. Once dry, I remove the clips and gently toss. Many hours of bouncy soft curls!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by meglouie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product despite seeing all the bad reviews on here, and I'm glad I did! It was buy 2 for 6$ so I got this and powderful. I have fine 3a hair, but lots of it, I use this after a curl cream like garniers and can see my curls start to form after the first spray. Sure it dries out your hair a little, but it's a gel, I use a little coconut oil after this and that seems to help a lot. It gives me beautifully formed ringlets after my hair is done air drying and the hold isn't all gross and crunchy, I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mjc410

This stuff is terrible. First of all I used it after I got out of the shower on damp hair my hair instantly frizzed up when I used this. it weighed down my hair and barely made it wavy or scrunched . Oh and the best part is it ruined my tote bag by leaking all over this product sucks and I wouldn't use it ever again if it were the last hair product on this earth!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am agreeing with the way this product seems to dry out my hair and not really enhance the natural curl much either. I like Garnier Fructis Spray Gel much better for curl definition. Unfortunately I bought 2 of these at Walgreens on a buy one get one 1/2 off deal. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up on a whim, I was looking for HE spray gel but CVS was out. It DOES enhance curl, and have good hold. However, it uses magnesium sulfate to do this, which is drying. I find I have to leave conditioner on my ends especially or use this over a styling cream to avoid having my ends looking crispy and dry after several hours. Other than that...I do like this product when I want a spray gel and curl enhancement.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkCarnations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst gels I have ever used. I have fine, naturally wavy hair. This gel actually made my hair less wavy than normal. I also found it to be very sticky. I used it twice and threw it away. Please save your money! My hair literally had more wave and body when no styling products were used in it as compared to the results after using this spray.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lovesyou

This is problay the worst gel spray i ever used....I have really curly and thick hair that i always scrunch and this didn't do anything for it didn't make it curler or less frizzy.I hate it so i would never rebuy this

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by spicegirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have soft wavy/curly hair, not a lot of it. I've been flatironing it for the past 8 years, occasionally trying products that would keep it curly and put together but with no luck - they all made my hair heavy, greasy or completely gelled up and therefore untouchable. I came across this one while hoping to try one of those new 'beach hair' products - they all run over $20, so with my previous experiences, I was hesitant to blow 20 bucks only to throw the product away later. I saw this at a Ride Aid and thought 'what the hell, it's only $4'. I tried it the next morning and absolutely loved what it did to my hair! Nice soft curls, I love the smell, too. I was even able to refresh my curls the morning after and the morning after that! Unbelievable, my hair wasn't all nasty and dirty with the product. Good job!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jenlyn33922

I'm always on the loolout for something to help tame my hair. It's midback, thick, color-treated, 2a curly with a huge tendency to frizz. I spritzed this all over damp hair and combed through, then scrunched my hair. By the end of the day half my hair was a frizzed, knotted mess and the other half was separated into snaky looking crunchy strands. I loved the JF Beach Blonde spray from years ago, and can handle a certain amount of dry, crunchy feeling; but this was awful! Guess I'll keep looking:) Getting ready to try Spray-it Curly and Sally Hershberger Glam Waves but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!