August 1, 2014 | 1956 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Slide On Pencil - Golden Olive

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Pharping

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Jet Black and Golden Olive slide on pencils: so far they are great. The black is supernaturally intense- maybe too harsh for my old eyes but I still love the kohl look. The Golden Olive is the same color as UD Stash. Makes a great, delicate accent above the black line. For soft pencils they are controllable- could get a fairly sharp line with the black. Haven't taken it off yet so can't speak for ease of removal. These are marked waterproof. Ingredients are minimal, with no parabens, lanolin, or scent. Put them on in the morning and it is now evening. There has been no movement or smudging. I may try a softer black later- Ulta accepts returns- otherwise it looks like a must have and must keep product. I had been using Physician's Formula Organic Wear eyeliner pencils in black woods, a great shade, but it is no longer available locally, so for a comparably priced eyeliner pencil with no noxious ingredients, this may be the answer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I grabbed some more of these pencils that I love so much because of a sale, and Golden Olive was one. I was looking at more natural shades as opposed to the bright ones and I really like this a lot. It's not muddy, a true olive green but definitely gold shimmer to it. Compliments my skin really well and can be used in natural eye looks as more dramatic smokey looks. Excited to play with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought two of these one in Purple Haze and the other in the lovely Golden Olive. I am happy with my purchases and will be ordering more soon. The Golden Olive in particular is a beautiful shade that compliments my medium brown eyes beautifully and lasts all day.

I have not worn them on the waterline, so I can not comment on that, but to line the top and bottom lashes they were perfect. Smooth and creamy and dries to a nice lasting finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Sabra15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm so happy I read a review on this after Rimmel's Black Gold was discontinued. It's under $10, but I got it on sale so cheap to me and it seems to never need sharpening. I have large, roundish upper lids and olive green eyes. As a result, I just focus on my upper lids or else I look a little clownish. I also have rosacea and am allergic to everything. However, I have no problems with this pencil and it is smooth as silk and goes on great--no tugging at all. It also stays in place... Wow! The color is just beautiful and deep and SO hard to find. I know some people prefer a complimentary liner to their eye color, but that leaves me with the deep purples which do wonders for my dark under eye circles, so I do the match-y thing. If you have the rare, olive-green eye (and are of Mediterranean ancestry), run and buy this. I think it would look great with a hazel eye too, or anyone with golden undertones in their skin.

Btw, due to my large lids that are always visible and my allergy issues with shadows, I grabbed the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cucumber--more of a pale leaf--as a base of sorts and they look GREAT together and it also goes on like butter and has a very nice shimmer. My olive eyes have been in a dreamy land o' green for weeks now. I love this brand and my colors better stick around for once!

*Update: I edited this as the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil that I use as a base w/this pencil was labeled as Lime. I grabbed another in case it gets discontinued and saw it had a different name. Cucumber must be the right name and no wonder it didn't look like lime! A bunch were mislabeled so watch out!
*Update 2: I have no idea what the name of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil I get is--and I haven't seen it in 2014--but it's on NYX's website still and I believe it IS Lime, which describes the color as "light green with gold reflects." Cucumber looks like neon lime on the site so I'm thoroughly confused. Good luck! I hope this is still available because the color is beautiful and I get compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use it as an eyeliner. I use it as eye shadow. I'm Asian and this color really complement my dark brown eyes. I use a light color shimmering cream shadow all over the lids, highlight the inner corners and brow bones. Then use this to draw a thick line at the outer corner of my eyes. I blend it with my finger tip. Also blend a small amount on the lower lash line. Then line the waterlines with black liner. There I have a light smokey look that will last all day and night just using 3 products. No brush needed!
I like how soft, blendable and buildable this eyeliner is. It's so easy to use and the color is stunning. If you have this liner but hate using it as a liner I really recommend you try using it as a shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by delrio

This color is a gorgeous slightly shimmery olive/brown. It is soft and glides on really niceIy. I only wore it for a couple of hours because it irritated my sensitive eyes. You should definitely try it if you don't have sensitive eyes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Relatively inexpensive
-Glides on smoothly
-Great color! the perfect olive

Cons:
-Does not stay on
-Smudges
-Not waterproof as claimed
-Smears under eyes
-Cannot use on water line

Very dissapointed in this as it is the best color of olive green i have ever found! Doesnt matter though if it won't stay on! Especially under the eye

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

THESE OUT DO Urban Decay 24/7 pencils!!! So smooth.. grab them on sale so you even get a better deal. They are all beautiful and stay put. Fantastic. These are my holy grail pencils. Wish they were automatic but thats ok!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like eye pencil from Urban Decay, you would love these. They are exactly the same texture: creamy and pigmented, long lasting (took me a few try to remove with my eye makeup remover, (the purple one is identical to UD Ransom). It is expensive for a NYX product, but compare to UD, it is a steal.

I got one and was so impressed by it, I ended up getting it in every color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is beautiful! Its a gorgeous golden olive, just like the name says.

Pros:
Price
Packaging looks high end
Takes a while to set but once its set, its on there all day
Gorgeous pigmentation

Cons:
Doesn't last at all on waterline