Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

I am kind of torn with this lotion. I absolutely love the Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin daily cleanser. So in my search for an HG moisturizer due to the awesomeness of the wash I bought this to try it out. Now, it doesn't cause me to break out, which is a plus. Does make my skin overly oily. I have combo/acne prone skin. Has no scent, another plus. I don't know, it just doesn't feel the way I want it too. Feels ok on the forehead and chin but my cheeks feel kind of sticky? Like it does not absorb into them. The size of bottle you get is decent for the 10.00$ cost of it. I will use the rest of it but I don't think I will repurchase. I think I can find something if I keep searching :D hopefully......

on 3/8/2015 7:22:00 PM

My HG body lotion. It's fragrance free and works like a charm. Non greasy just moisturizing. My skin loves this. It's can be quite pricey at drugstores but I usually get it on sale.

on 2/20/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HG moisturizer !! this product is non greasy but effectively moisturizes your face without the excess oil. i have an oily t zone and have never experienced any problems with oilyness with this product. i love using this under makeup because its so lightweight and creates the perfect smooth canvas for foundation application.
Pros
. non greasy
. huge bottle that lasts forever
. cheap
. lightweight
. doesnt break me out EVER
. moisturizing
Cons
.none

on 2/19/2015 10:40:00 AM

I have used Cetaphil cleanser and cream for years. I have dry-combination, sensitive, mature facial skin and unfortunately some deeper wrinkles . I read an article that said sometimes when you have dry skin and the products aren't working it is because of the size of the molecules and you need smaller molecules to penetrate successfully and moisturize the area. I have had the lotion for some time thinking it was just a body lotion. I did some research online and discovered it can be used "From head to toe" and was ok for the face.

I hesitantly tried it. Seemed awfully light, but trying it as nothing is working (reacted to Paula's Choice, Murad, etc) and waa-laaa! It softened even the most set wrinkles and the crows feet and I am thrilled! I do live in the desert Southwest so dry it is but FINALLY I have found a moisturizer that actually softens the problem areas and I am thrilled. I have been using this for 2 months now and no problems. I still use the their cream at night.
I just wanted to share incase someone else is out there is struggling as I was. Now just pray they do not pull a "new and improved" and mess with the formula!!

Okay, so you go to the dermatologist to get a acne medication because your acne is once again flaring up again. So you ask the derm what the best moisturizer and cleanser is for your skin and he says, " Cetaphil " . This is why we are all here. Now onto the review, shall we. Cetaphil Lotion is does moiturize and manages to tame our driest flakes, but has one big con. GREASY. Your face will feel like an oil slick within 1-2 hours of applying it. Not cute. My skin drinks this up when first applied but I don't know what leads it to act up the way it does and make it a greasy oily mess. I would buy again but also am on the hunt for a better moisturizer. Have re-purchased and unfortunately will again until I find my HG.

I have been using this product for years. Years? You might ask. Why would I only give it 2 stars?

Well, my story is probably like many others, I got this because this is what the dermatologist recommended for my acne-prone skin. I have been to the derm for years, and everyone has recommended Cetaphil as a good brand because it gentle. I have been on several different types of drying acne medication, and a good moisturizer is a must.

I can never use this as an overall moisturizer. It made me as shiny as a disco-ball. The only reason I repurchased it so many times, is- it is still the ONLY moisturizer that gets rid of flakes. If you are on any sort of retinoid, or it is just winter and you are flaky, you know what sort of flakes I am talking about. Anyway, I always bring this moisturizer with me, and if I get flaky I dab some on, and the flakes go away.

However, I don't think it would be a good base for makeup. I hear it has some bad cancer causing ingredients? ( not sure) And interestingly enough, I always use sparingly because it does break me out.

on 2/2/2015 5:25:00 AM

I think this is excellent as a very basic lotion. I used it for a while, but decided to use oils to get the antioxidant and goodness of them.

Its cheap, easy to purchase/find, and does its job at moisturising the skin. I used it sometimes on my body, but found it to be too lightweight for me.

Would recommend for those looking for a cheap, possibly multi use, lotion.

on 1/31/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-normal skin and I find this an average drugstore body lotion. This is somewhere between Aveeno's daily moisturizing lotion and Lubriderm's. Lubriderm is more watery, while Aveeno is closer to a cream and more moisturizing in my experience. It advertises as being fragrance-free which I was surprised to see since it has something of a powdery floral smell.

Overall, this was not moisturizing enough for my skin. For normal-to-oily skin types I think this would be fine. It isn't worth going out of your way for, but if you're looking for a body lotion this is serviceable enough.

on 1/27/2015 12:41:00 AM

I was excited to buy this because Iove the cleanser. It was just ok. Nothing special. It goes on a little too greasy for the face which is what I bought it for. It's good for moisturizing but it's not that great of a product. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/4/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love this stuff! fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and just plain simple. I needed a moisturizer that was just that as I have very sensitive acne prone skin and large pores. I've tried cetaphil products before and loved them, so I'm not sure why I ever walked away.. Well my mom had a moisturizer from Europe that was very similar and I used it every day.. I just finished it the other day so I had to go out and buy something else. Went back to cetaphil. Guess that's how it happened xD It's cheap and it works. I use it in the morning and evening after washing my face with my oatmeal scrub from St Ives. It goes on smooth, feels light on the skin, and dries within a couple minutes leaving my skin moisturized and feeling not as tight. Great stuff that I recommend!