September 18, 2014 | 1306 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nubian Heritage - African Black Soap Hand Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I recently discovered the Nubian Heritage line at my local grocery store. In addition to this hand lotion, I bought the black soap body wash and body lotion which are both amazing products. My husband and I both love these.

The lotion is a bit 'meh' for me. It smells just like the other products in the line, a lot like shea butter, somewhat vanilla-y. But it's just way too thick and greasy for a suitable hand lotion. I took this to work and every time I used it, I would leave greasy hand marks on my desk, keyboard, mouse, etc. I felt like I couldn't touch anything for about 10 minutes after applying because my hands were still sticky.

I don't find that it moisturized my hands any better than any other product I've used, but it's not bad by any means.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this product at a local natural beauty-products store. I sampled it in-store and though I'm not nuts about the smell (sort of earthy-spicy-vanilla - pleasant but a bit too strong for me) I loved the way it moisturized my hands. I have very dry cuticles and it takes a village to soften them, or whatever. This product is thick, rich, and definitely softens my hands.

So far I'm very pleased with it. looking forward to trying it as a healing overnight treatment.

update - after having had this for a week i'm taking it out of my bag and using it at night only. because the smell is OVERWHELMING. i get embarrassed to use it in public, because the smell is so strong/amber/earthy that i am worried it might make people sick. yar! oh well. the cream itself still works really well. continued >>