October 31, 2014 | 1231 users online

Loose Powders - Coastal Scents - Rice Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing. Who knew?! It gives perfect, matte skin all day long, never have to retouch. I've never seen myself look like this. $5 gets you more than a year's supply. Holy Grail for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by bomkin

I used to use this as a finishing powder. It controlled oil very decently for me, but I have found others since to replace this because it left a slight white cast on me (I am medium-tan) and I didn't really care for the slightly grainy texture it left on my skin. It also made my skin look rather matte, something I'm not going for most of the time. It was something reaaally nice but could probably find other options for.

On another note, I LOVE this as a dry shampoo. My hair has ALWAYS been very, very oily. I would shower in the morning and I would be an oil slick by the evening. I can't use any oils on my hair, even ones considered very "light" such as jojoba (which is actually wax). Using any amount of virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil leaves my hair beyond saving unless I wash it out with clarifying shampoo over and over again. But ever since I went no-poo (completely eradicating the use of shampoo - and also conditioner in my case), the oil production has decreased a lot. I just need something extra to absorb the oil between washings and whenever I feel like it. I always carry some with me in a 20-gram sifter jar that I ordered from Coastal Scents as well, to touch up my hair if it ever feels greasy throughout the day. It's very handy.

I have thick, inky black hair and I can still use this even though it is white as white can get. I just need to use a sensible amount at a time and run my fingers through my hair or use a boar bristle brush to come through. And ta-da! Almost as good as a washing. Plus, Coastal Scents sells this REALLY cheap. I got a huge baggie worth of it - a pound, specifically. It's going to last me AGES. The shipping is pretty expensive for me, however (It was around 9 dollars for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was into this entire phase of finding an awesome loose powder to set my combi/oily face and I chanced upon this on coastalscents.

THIS IS AMAZING. My face stayed matte for a good 10 hours when I just have tinted moisturiser and sunscreen on (oily face combo, btw) I had the entire above combination on a hot afternoon all the way to a warm night, barbequing by the beach. Besides giving me a really nice dewy glow, my face stayed matte and smooth!! It's really awesome as a setting powder, my concealer stayed put and goodness, I could just sleep in this thing. I love it to bits! (:

One disadvantage is that it comes in this huge container resembling the size of a cup - i got the one in 1oz. So i poured it into a 10g sifter jar and swirl my brush in whenever I'm applying makeup and am heading out. I don't see the need to bring this out because 1 application from the start of the day seems to be able to last through till late night. (10+hours?) Gosh, I think without this, i will not be able to survive this hot climate!

Tip:
- Don't apply too much though because too matte seems to be too fake and cakey.

DEFINITELY repurchasing this again (even though im not running outta it. I think i might just repurchase when I hit the halfway.)