April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Day Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on clearance for $2.50, figuring I had nothing to lose. I'd have been better off saving my money.

The good: it did not make me break out.

The bad: everything else. The first thing I noticed was the unsanitary, bacteria-attracting jar packaging. A product that's supposed to be good for sensitive skin should not be packaged this way. But occasionally there are good products in jars, so I figured that I could dump the stuff into an empty pump-bottle. This product was not worth the effort, though. The texture is that of cheap, greasy sunscreen. Despite the greasy feeling, though, it does not moisturize nearly as well as even most cheap moisturizers. I have combination skin that's sensitive, gets dry, and breaks out easily. This left me with lots of dry patches, even when I used a lot of it. It smells funky and sunscreen-like as well. I almost never throw things out, but I tossed this in the trash after trying to make it work for a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Simple & I really wanted to like Vital Vitamin Day Cream. I had high hopes for this moisturizer & I definitely expected it to be better. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to buy another after I finish this jar. It's neither the best nor the worst moisturizer; despite that, I could live without it.

If you have oily skin like I do, I don't recommend this. It's way too greasy for oily skin! Instead, use Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturizer &/or their Protecting Light Moisturizer. Because of how this particular moisturizer feels & looks on my face, I can't wear this out on the street or under makeup. It doesn't absorb into my face. It sits on my skin heavy & leaves a greasy residue. It doesn't hydrate me without making me oily (well, oilier than I already am). Like I said, I do love their other products, but I will not buy this one again. I'm just going to finish the rest of the jar for the vitamins, SPF, & hydrating benefits.

Note: I've read other reviews & have noticed myself that Vital Vitamin Day Cream does separate, so be sure to shake/mix the jar before applying it & don't sit the jar on anything nice or important because it does sometimes leak.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Save your money if you're looking for hydration. This is gluey feeling, like regular sunscreen. Might as well just use regular sunscreen, then!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by rsutri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to line of products. I had acne prone skin since middle school, and this is finally what subdued it and made my skin flawless! FLAWLESS. Once I started using this product, I also started using a gentle and natural skin care routine, so if you all have issues with this product on sensitive skin...maybe try oil cleansing? My only qualm with this product is the packaging. It's not that I find it unsanitary but I find that it separates in the jar and it leaks out everywhere! Obviously it's not ideal, but, hey! I do what I gots ta. Also, if it looks greasy on your skin, it might be because you use too much. For my whole face I don't cover my forefingers tip. Only use a couple of drops!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MarcelineVampireQueen

I love this day cream. It's very light and not greasy at all, and works well as a general moisturizer underneath makeup. It smells fairly pleasant and I like that it has SPF. The only down-side is the packaging which is a small pot that isn't quite as hygienic as a pump-style applicator would be.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

This moisturizer has a lot of flaws.

I have very sensitive skin, which is why I bought it in the first place. The product is super thick, greasy, and does not go on well under makeup. It made my face red and caused some small red bumps to appear within 30 minutes of being on my face. I tried it out for a couple days just to be sure it was this product causing a reaction and nothing else in my skin routine, and sure enough it was the culprit. It also dried out my skin horribly.

The packaging is really cheap and unsanitary. It's a plastic jar with a screw lid, meaning you're constantly dipping your fingers into this thick gooey mess.

Not a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this cream! I love being pleasantly surprised by drugstore products...and this one was a great find! I had run out of my regular day cream while out of town for work, and where I was staying only boasted a Walmart Supercenter and a few dollar stores. I chose this because the night before I had read an article by a renowned MUA who was very excited by this line of products. The cream seems a bit greasy at first, but in about 10 minutes time it all sinks in and my face is left extremely soft...and I swear this stuff makes me glow! My husband even noticed (which is pretty big news lol! He never notices things like that). I've actually been using it as my day moisturizer quite frequently lately...passing up what used to be my high end HG day cream! This cream does have a scent but I find it very pleasant and clean. Only two complaints: if you get too close to your eyes, watch out because this stuff stings and makes my eyes water forever if I slip up...and secondly, the packaging isn't super. It comes in a thin, cheap, plastic jar and the lid unscrews easily if its jostled too much...but for $9.99, Ill overlook the container to use the wonderful product inside! Would definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on super clearance and figured I'd give it a try. It boasts all natural ingredients, no fragrances, etc.

For some reason this cream burns when I first apply it, not sure why considering I don't really have super sensitive skin (I can wear retinol creams with no problem and chemical exfoliants don't bother me) I don't know why this fragrance free, super natural product is reacting badly with my skin. The cream itself doesn't really soak into your skin, it stays on the surface. It makes my skin look really oily, I can't wear it by itself or I look like a grease ball.

I really wanted to like this product but it's a disappointment. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a duo sale with the night cream and I like both very much. Its the right consistency for my oil skin, no horrible fragrance , doesn't break me out and helps reduce lines around my eye. Doesn't irritate my eyes either which many do.

I would prefer pump packaging and even though it states on the packaging 'with SPF' doesn't give a rating so I also put on some SPF on the danger zones (cheeks, nose etc) .

Its good under makeup and I probably repurchase.I have already purchased a second jar while it was on 2 for 4 offer!
simple products seem hard to get hold off these days, Boots have very little stock as does our local superdrug.
UPdate: My skin dried out a bit in the harsh winter weather and this was not quite moisturising enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by eyesopenwide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I've been using this day cream for the past few weeks, and I really like it. It's nice and thick, which is good for my dry, sensitive skin, and it gives me some SPF. With skin as fair as mine, that's good news!