Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

tarte eye cosmetic in general is truly amazing! I favor the volumizing ability of this mascara very much. This Tarte Amazonian clay pigmentation is drama black and out of this world, Tarte tartiest amazonian clay paint liner is also my fave staples!!!

on 7/25/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate finding an amazing mascara that is better than the last amazing mascara. Because now when I use old favorites it's like going from a gold metal to 10th place. You just can't compare! I am a huge fan of Tarte and love a lot of their products (minus lights camera flashes.) I like what they stand for as a company. Cruelty free and environmentally friendly. I first tried lights camera lashes and fell in love, then lights camera flashes, which was a total dud! Then I got a TSV set off qvc with the gifted mascara, and boy am I happy I got this mascara! In fact I did auto delivery so I have a back up of the mascara as well. It is just flat out amazing. HG status for sure! Reminds me of my favorite drugstore mascara (jordana best lash extreme) which also offers great length and volume. For my I love a lot of length and some volume. When it's too voluminous I find the lashes look shorter. So this is perfect for me! The wand itself is very similar to the Jordana one as well, which is probably why it has a similar effect! Really wishing tarte will come out with a waterproof formula of this soon, because I want one for beach/pool parties and beach vacations! Don't find it clumpy. Very good purchase.

on 7/9/2015 3:24:00 PM

This mascara is voluminous, but sometimes it can get clumpy. It's not bad but not my favorite. I talk more about it in my video review along with other mascaras if you want to check it out.

This is my holy grail mascara. It grabs every lash but it doesn't make your lashes look cakey. I have really watery eyes but this mascara is one of the only ones that stays put with minimal smudging. It makes your bottom lashes look great without making them look spidery. QVC always has great sets with this mascara in them for a great price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best mascara ever! I love this baby to death. Not only does this mascara give you lashes to DIE for, but it's also very nourishing to the lashes. It is a serum mascara so it actually benefits your lashes while giving them amazing volume and length! This is expensive at $19, but worth every penny imo.

I received this mascara as part of QVC's special value Taste Miracles from the Amazon kit. I love the packaging from this entire set and the mascara is no exception. It's sort of a dry formula which I prefer because it doesn't end up on my eyelids. It gives nice volume and length and has very good wear time. The only thing JM bummed about is the price. I really like this mascara but am on the fence as to whether or not is buy it again solely due to the price.

on 4/29/2015 3:27:00 PM

I do love this mascara - picks out every lash, great glossy black color, stays put and doesn't flake or smudge. I have sparse short lashes and sometimes the brush is too big, but that's not a dealbreaker for me.

However, I usually only get it when I get a good deal at Beauty Brands or another store - otherwise I don't think the price is justified. I used to, but then I tried a different one from L'Oreal, and it worked even better and was $8 a tube. I guess it just depends on how much a person wants to spend.

on 4/17/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Tarte is a great brand that is natural and cruelty-free. They do not sacrifice quality because of this. This is a great mascara, but it is just too pricey. Tarte always has deals though, whether it is on their website or QVC, so make sure to look out for that. This mascara comes in a very appealing wood-like tube. Perhaps it was made to resemble bamboo? The brush is very basic and there isn't anything funky about it. The formula is quite impressive for a natural mascara. I took this mascara with me to Japan, so that I had something that would be easy on my eyes, which can get sensitive on trips that require a lot of walking and public transportation. This surely did the job. It doesn't flake, it makes lashes look longer, but the brush and formula do tend to clump a little. It stays on the entire day very well, but I had no problems removing it with eye makeup remover. Even through rain and sweat, it didn't budge while it was on, so it's quite durable. It doesn't really add volume to lashes, but the look is very feminine, flirty, and dainty. It's just a great mascara for sensitive eyes! If you're tired of using crappy mascaras that may be natural and good for sensitive eyes, but don't perform the way you want them to, I highly recommend trying this one.

I picked this up after GraveyardGirl of youtube mentioned that it didn't bother her sensitive eyes. As a contact lense wearer, my eyes are always bothering me. I've never had any issues with this product. The formulation is very gentle. It can be very difficult to remove and tends to get clumpy if you aren't careful.

Pros:
Gentle
Lengthening
Volumizing
Cute Packaging

Cons:
Clumpy
Hard to remove

I think it's safe to say that I LOVE Tarte products and this mascara is no exception. I bought it after trying the sample size that I got in a Beauty Insider rewards gift box from Sephora. It makes my lashes SO long and full without being clumpy, flaky or rough on my very sensitive eyes. I will buy this again and again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials