Splat! long lasting hair color in Lusty Lavender

3.7

on 6/18/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. I bought it on sale at Wal-Mart, frankly, expecting the worst.

It's easy to use. It comes with a bleach that works. I have very dark brown hair, and this stuff will, without damaging my hair or burning my scalp, take it to blonde. I dyed my whole head. The dye doesn't have to be mixed, just snip off the tip of the bottle and start applying.

I dye my hair outside to avoid getting purple on anything in my bathroom, but I have to say, this product is a little misleading on how easy it is to get the dye out of things. It's easier than they say. If you get it on your skin, you have about 5-10 minutes to remove it with alcohol before it sets. Clothes? Ha. I accidentally spilled purple dye on the jeans I was wearing. I instantly gave up and figured the dye ruined them. Over a week later, I got around to actually washing them. The dye almost COMPLETELY washed out. All that was left was a faint purple mark you only noticed when you were looking for it.

Moving on: The product says to rinse until water comes off clear. Let me tell you right now, that won't happen. I rinsed my hair for 45 minutes, the water was still running faintly purple. But that's okay. Seriously. Once mixed with water, this dye washes out of everything with no hint it was ever there. While your hair is wet, it will color things, your shirt, the towel you use to dry it, a pillowcase, etc. But it all washes out with no extra effort. Just toss it in the wash and the color is gone.

If you press it into your scalp, which you will to get the roots properly, it does leave weird splotches on your scalp. Your hairline will look wonky and weird. I personally wait 24 hours before I take a shower after rinsing out the dye, and I just make sure to scrub my hairline for a few minutes. The splotches scrub right off. Totally worth it. You hair will be a beautiful lush purple. I've had people outright not believe it's a DIY kit. They insist it's salon-quality.

If you go swimming, logically, it makes sense; the color fades quickly. If you don't go swimming in chlorinated water? It lasts about 3 months. I left the color on for one hour, and by the time I felt the need to re-do the color, it was more because of my roots showing than the color fading out. I do feel the need to warn you, when the color fades from this, it doesn't fade to light purple, it fades to pink. Which I LOVE, but others don't.

Every time I start to think it's looking faded and washed out, I go out with it in public and people compliment me on how beautiful it is. From the day I use it, and it's a dark, lush purple, to the days it fades into pink, people are constantly telling me how much they love my hair. Little kids love it, people stop and asked me what I used, they're SHOCKED when I say it's a Wal-Mart kit, I routinely get asked what salon I went to. One woman stopped and asked me and balked when I told her the price of it, she'd been spending 80-90 dollars for dye jobs that didn't look half as bright or last nearly as long.

Overall, I love this product. It's wonderful quality, it's a beautiful color and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this hair dye! It's a pretty pink color on my hair with a little bit of purple. It's a different color than the box but its okay because I love the color :)

I love this hair dye! I dyed the ends of my hair with it. On my hair it comes out as a pretty pink purple color mostly pink. Ithe colors a little different that what's on the box on my hair but I love the color! :)

on 4/12/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought Splat in Purple Desire. After the FIRST wash, I can see the bleached strands. It stains everything and runs like crazy. Ridiculously bad.

on 3/3/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Doesn't last long, fades quick unless your hair is really light before you apply it.
I put this over orange hair, the orange turned maroon while my blonde parts of my hair are bright purple.

on 2/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

A easy way to get this stains of yor skin. 1. Use vasilene it realy does work. Aply on forehead ears and neck before aplying dye. 2. mix backing soda and dish soap into a paste apply it to skin and it wil tak

on 1/18/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been dying about a fifth of my hair this shade for about a year and through trial and error I have some invaluable tips.
-Use blond hair dye if you are wary about using bleach. It worked just the same for me and I have medium-light brown hair.
-USE GLOVES. I once read a review that said the coloring comes out of skin easy. It doesn't. It stays on for days and with this color it looks like you just have a weird skin disease.
-The dye will stain things when it becomes wet after the first few washes. I have rinsed for 30 minutes straight and still the water from my hair runs lavender. Protect anything that may come in contact with the water from your hair.
-Sleep in the dye. I'm serious. The box suggest 45 minutes but 9 hours makes the dye last for months.

on 10/5/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this hairdye. I purchased it at shoppers drug mart for about $15 (kinda pricey) because I wanted to dipdye my hair. It comes complete with the hair dye and bleaching matierial. I bleached the ends of my hair and it came out wonderfully. I was almost tempted to just leave it like that. The bleach really didn't dry out my hair too much. It's just harder to brush the ends now. When I first put the colour on, I diluted some with conditioner for a pastel look. I diluted way too much and it came out looking pinkish. I tried again with just the colour. And it came out really nice and bright. Not a true purple, but very close. I still like it. A con for this is. That the gloves were crappy and i broke the gloves in a large spot. I didn't notice at first, but my hands were stained for 2 days afterwards:( it wasn't pretty as it was soo dark. Anyways, this is the second month of wearing it and its a nice pinky toned brown colour. Lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'll start by saying I did this on un-bleached medium brown hair. I just wanted some peekaboo highlights so I bought Aqua Rush and Purple desire. The purple color took so long to rinse out of my hair... I only did 2 streaks and it took a good 15 mins. The aqua color rinsed easily. ( I left on for 45 mins) you can definitely see the color in good lighting. I'm pretty happy with it however, if you want stronger color you'll need to bleach first. I didnt want to damage my hair a ton though. Also, purple desire smells like grape. :P I probably wouldn't buy this again.. But if I had blonde hair I'd be all over this product!

I dip dyed my hair in March, and I just redid it. It lasted a few months, and faded to pink.

Easy to do, cleans up fairly well, and lasts a long time. I love it. Beautiful color, as well.