November 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Hair Color - Splat! long lasting hair color in Lusty Lavender

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this hairdye. I purchased it at shoppers drug mart for about $15 (kinda pricey) because I wanted to dipdye my hair. It comes complete with the hair dye and bleaching matierial. I bleached the ends of my hair and it came out wonderfully. I was almost tempted to just leave it like that. The bleach really didn't dry out my hair too much. It's just harder to brush the ends now. When I first put the colour on, I diluted some with conditioner for a pastel look. I diluted way too much and it came out looking pinkish. I tried again with just the colour. And it came out really nice and bright. Not a true purple, but very close. I still like it. A con for this is. That the gloves were crappy and i broke the gloves in a large spot. I didn't notice at first, but my hands were stained for 2 days afterwards:( it wasn't pretty as it was soo dark. Anyways, this is the second month of wearing it and its a nice pinky toned brown colour. Lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start by saying I did this on un-bleached medium brown hair. I just wanted some peekaboo highlights so I bought Aqua Rush and Purple desire. The purple color took so long to rinse out of my hair... I only did 2 streaks and it took a good 15 mins. The aqua color rinsed easily. ( I left on for 45 mins) you can definitely see the color in good lighting. I'm pretty happy with it however, if you want stronger color you'll need to bleach first. I didnt want to damage my hair a ton though. Also, purple desire smells like grape. :P I probably wouldn't buy this again.. But if I had blonde hair I'd be all over this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

I dip dyed my hair in March, and I just redid it. It lasted a few months, and faded to pink.

Easy to do, cleans up fairly well, and lasts a long time. I love it. Beautiful color, as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by crimsonidol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this hair dye a lot!
It's not as conditioning as Manic Panic is, but it stays on a lot nicer. I dyed my hair from blonde in the last week of January, and it's still very very vibrant and nice - just a bit lighter.
(Refer to the link with my picture)

My first experience with Splat and I'm happy.
N.B. It bleeds A LOT. You need to watch out if your hair is damp or wet. I usually wear dark clothing after I take a shower. I've noticed some of the stains are removed easily with a good detergent in a long wash.
The more you put on, the darker it gets, since it's so concentrated (and hence the long-lasting effect, I believe). So try to put it on evenly.
Don't squeeze it out the way the instructions tell you to. Squeeze it into your hand first at least, or put it on a bowl and apply with a brush. If you squeeze directly, the part the hair colour pours on goes darker.

Finally, here's a picture of me and how my hair's been since I dyed it.
I've only touched up the roots that faded faster because of me rubbing my scalp when shampooing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sthompson0109

I've never put colours in my hair like this before, so I was very excited to experiment. I bought this product at Shoppers Drug Mart for a reasonable price, definitely not something that would break the bank. I needed to buy two boxes because my hair is fairly long and I have made the mistake before with permanent hair dyes.
Everything that is needed for the dye is in the box, which is great. But I think the company should have used thicker gloves. My hands did turn purple. I'd also recommend a mixing bowl as well as an applicator brush if you don't want to have the product on the gloves for too long.
Bleach: I had a light blonde hair colour before, with some orange tones because I had recently dyed from red. But the bleach worked incredibly well. Although while mixing it the powder did not seem to dissolve well enough (mind you this was my first bleaching experience and I'm unsure of the consistency) but I used it anyway! I did leave the bleach on for a little longer than it said, maybe 45 minutes instead of 30. It burned my scalp! Which I believe comes with the territory, but it was uncomfortable--I would do it again. But my hair turned out so light, with only a few yellow tones (which I toned out with Joico Purple Shampoo).
Dye: This dye is MESSY. Make sure to put vaseline all over your hair line, ears, everything. Even my counter was coloured, and my shower. I didn't want to dye my whole head purple, so I had separated my layers to only colour the under layers of my hair. I did add some conditioner to the mix thinking that it would fade the colour to a light purple. I still added the whole bottle of colour, so truly this changed nothing. I left this on for the required amount of time and it did turn out great, for that day. For the first three washes the colour bleeds a lot, even on the towel to dry your hair, the colour gets everywhere. The colour did fade within two washes to a pink colour, but it was purple in between the dying and the next shampoo. But the colour was not lavender, it was a nice violet. If you'd like the lavender I would recommend adding just a tablespoon of dye to a third of the bottle of conditioner, because the purple is vibrant.
I would buy this product again though, maybe add just a little bit of dye to conditioner to fade it a bit earlier.

Enjoy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this to dip dye my hair. First of all, it does not last long at ALL. The day I dyed it I had to put the dye in 3 times because it was more of an orangish red color. Finally I got a really nice dark purple & I thought I would be satisfied. But then a few days later I washed it assuming it would still be purple but just have faded a little. But it looked more like the splat crimson color. I still liked it though but some people wouldn't. Anyway, every time after that I washed it it dramatically faded & it was back to the color it was after I bleached & before I put the dye in like 2 weeks later. I'll be trying manic panic next.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by DynabladeWings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a nice color, but I feel it's too red for me. I've normally had good luck with putting semi-permanent dyes (ie Manic Panic, Special Effects), over processed hair; my hair would look black in doors and BAM purple or blue in the sun. This gave my hair a magenta sort of tint. I've had red before, it's nice, but I was hoping this would give me the same effect MP or SFX did. I didn't really like how runny this was whne I applied it. I do like the bleach it comes with though; I don't get as brassy, and it doesn't really as bad as others

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 2:
Well, I sadly had to take off a lippie again because this fades very splotchy and unevenly. It turns fuchsia, which is fine, but it also completely comes out of some spots, so I now have a big stripe across the back of my head that is totally blonde, while the top of my hair is still purple and the rest is fuchsia. I have washed it a total of 3 or 4 times. Will not repurchase. There are much better brands out there that you can buy online if you can't find them in a store nearby.

UPDATE: Although I still stand behind my original review below (it's messy, stains horribly, and isn't at all true to box color), I have to up the lippies simply because the color it gave me is so vibrant and shiny and insane.
If you want the color on the box, don't use this, OR do NOT bleach your hair first. I actually, strangely enough, ran into a woman at the post office today who had used the same color but on dark brown hair that was not bleached. On her, it looked much closer to the box color.
However, if you want shiny, crazy, neon, purple hair that looks like one of Katy Perry's wigs, then definitely use this over bleached hair!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've used pretty much all of the "crazy hair color" brands, and this is one of my least favorites. I only bought it because I was dyeing my hair on Easter and only the drugstores were open.
First of all, it's extremely messy. Now I know why they call it "Splat!"! It drips and splatters all over everything! It also stains worse than any other dye I've ever used.
Finally, it's not at all true to the color on the box. The photo makes it look like it's a silvery purple. Not at all. It has a LOT of pink in it. In fact, I diluted it with conditioner, hoping to get lavender, and I ended up with baby pink. I tried again with less conditioner and got fuchsia. Finally I went full strength with it, and got an extremely bright, almost neon, pinkish purple.
BTW, my hair was bleached already. I did not use the bleach included, so I can't comment on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Coalesce

Great product! I've had a purple streak on the side of my head since October of 2011, and I love this dye! I've been dying over unbleached (darkish brown) hair and it turns out to a really pretty dark purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by miaspotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've seen some pretty bad reviews of this dye on the internet, and I'm not sure why. I guess the bleach isn't the best thing ever, but it gets the job done. I put the bleach in for little over an hour (I have jet black natural hair), and it came out to a nice strawberry blond that was mostly undamaged. It did look a little fried, but it wasn't that bad. The bleach does smell terrible too. The application process for the dye was relatively easy, but I do wish it had come with a brush. I had help from someone to get the back of my hair, but overall, it's not that bad and messy. I think the reason people complain a lot about the dye being messy is because they aren't washing their hair with cold water. My hair does leave stains when it is wet, but it's not too bad. Make sure the water runs clear before getting out of the shower, and for the first 3 days of having the dye in your hair, don't wash it. (I know that sounds disgusting, but it works.)