Splat! long lasting hair color in Lusty Lavender

3.7

on 3/3/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this dye in hopes of covering up my red/orange hair. I had used Splat's luscious raspberries a few months ago, and although it made my hair beautiful, I got sick of it real quick. So my hair was a faded red/orange color and I originally wanted to dye my hair blue but I knew there was no way that it would cover my dark orange hair without looking disgusting, so I got lusty lavender.
This dye, unlike the other colors, spreads amazingly. I have long, thick hair, almost to my belly button, and I managed to make one bottle saturate all of my hair.
While applying the dye I noticed that it was super dark, but all of Splat's dye go on dark and lighten up when it's rinsed out, but unfortunately that was not the case with lusty lavender.
My hair in dim lighting looks black, and under the LED lights in my basement, it is a dark purple. And then in the sun light, It is a beautiful, bright purple. I haven't decided if I like it yet. But thank god it is only semi permanent.

on 2/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

A easy way to get this stains of yor skin. 1. Use vasilene it realy does work. Aply on forehead ears and neck before aplying dye. 2. mix backing soda and dish soap into a paste apply it to skin and it wil tak

on 1/18/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been dying about a fifth of my hair this shade for about a year and through trial and error I have some invaluable tips.
-Use blond hair dye if you are wary about using bleach. It worked just the same for me and I have medium-light brown hair.
-USE GLOVES. I once read a review that said the coloring comes out of skin easy. It doesn't. It stays on for days and with this color it looks like you just have a weird skin disease.
-The dye will stain things when it becomes wet after the first few washes. I have rinsed for 30 minutes straight and still the water from my hair runs lavender. Protect anything that may come in contact with the water from your hair.
-Sleep in the dye. I'm serious. The box suggest 45 minutes but 9 hours makes the dye last for months.

on 10/5/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this hairdye. I purchased it at shoppers drug mart for about $15 (kinda pricey) because I wanted to dipdye my hair. It comes complete with the hair dye and bleaching matierial. I bleached the ends of my hair and it came out wonderfully. I was almost tempted to just leave it like that. The bleach really didn't dry out my hair too much. It's just harder to brush the ends now. When I first put the colour on, I diluted some with conditioner for a pastel look. I diluted way too much and it came out looking pinkish. I tried again with just the colour. And it came out really nice and bright. Not a true purple, but very close. I still like it. A con for this is. That the gloves were crappy and i broke the gloves in a large spot. I didn't notice at first, but my hands were stained for 2 days afterwards:( it wasn't pretty as it was soo dark. Anyways, this is the second month of wearing it and its a nice pinky toned brown colour. Lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'll start by saying I did this on un-bleached medium brown hair. I just wanted some peekaboo highlights so I bought Aqua Rush and Purple desire. The purple color took so long to rinse out of my hair... I only did 2 streaks and it took a good 15 mins. The aqua color rinsed easily. ( I left on for 45 mins) you can definitely see the color in good lighting. I'm pretty happy with it however, if you want stronger color you'll need to bleach first. I didnt want to damage my hair a ton though. Also, purple desire smells like grape. :P I probably wouldn't buy this again.. But if I had blonde hair I'd be all over this product!

I dip dyed my hair in March, and I just redid it. It lasted a few months, and faded to pink.

Easy to do, cleans up fairly well, and lasts a long time. I love it. Beautiful color, as well.

on 3/2/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this hair dye a lot!
It's not as conditioning as Manic Panic is, but it stays on a lot nicer. I dyed my hair from blonde in the last week of January, and it's still very very vibrant and nice - just a bit lighter.
(Refer to the link with my picture)

My first experience with Splat and I'm happy.
N.B. It bleeds A LOT. You need to watch out if your hair is damp or wet. I usually wear dark clothing after I take a shower. I've noticed some of the stains are removed easily with a good detergent in a long wash.
The more you put on, the darker it gets, since it's so concentrated (and hence the long-lasting effect, I believe). So try to put it on evenly.
Don't squeeze it out the way the instructions tell you to. Squeeze it into your hand first at least, or put it on a bowl and apply with a brush. If you squeeze directly, the part the hair colour pours on goes darker.

Finally, here's a picture of me and how my hair's been since I dyed it.
I've only touched up the roots that faded faster because of me rubbing my scalp when shampooing.

on 2/15/2014 11:24:00 AM

I've never put colours in my hair like this before, so I was very excited to experiment. I bought this product at Shoppers Drug Mart for a reasonable price, definitely not something that would break the bank. I needed to buy two boxes because my hair is fairly long and I have made the mistake before with permanent hair dyes.
Everything that is needed for the dye is in the box, which is great. But I think the company should have used thicker gloves. My hands did turn purple. I'd also recommend a mixing bowl as well as an applicator brush if you don't want to have the product on the gloves for too long.
Bleach: I had a light blonde hair colour before, with some orange tones because I had recently dyed from red. But the bleach worked incredibly well. Although while mixing it the powder did not seem to dissolve well enough (mind you this was my first bleaching experience and I'm unsure of the consistency) but I used it anyway! I did leave the bleach on for a little longer than it said, maybe 45 minutes instead of 30. It burned my scalp! Which I believe comes with the territory, but it was uncomfortable--I would do it again. But my hair turned out so light, with only a few yellow tones (which I toned out with Joico Purple Shampoo).
Dye: This dye is MESSY. Make sure to put vaseline all over your hair line, ears, everything. Even my counter was coloured, and my shower. I didn't want to dye my whole head purple, so I had separated my layers to only colour the under layers of my hair. I did add some conditioner to the mix thinking that it would fade the colour to a light purple. I still added the whole bottle of colour, so truly this changed nothing. I left this on for the required amount of time and it did turn out great, for that day. For the first three washes the colour bleeds a lot, even on the towel to dry your hair, the colour gets everywhere. The colour did fade within two washes to a pink colour, but it was purple in between the dying and the next shampoo. But the colour was not lavender, it was a nice violet. If you'd like the lavender I would recommend adding just a tablespoon of dye to a third of the bottle of conditioner, because the purple is vibrant.
I would buy this product again though, maybe add just a little bit of dye to conditioner to fade it a bit earlier.

Enjoy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this to dip dye my hair. First of all, it does not last long at ALL. The day I dyed it I had to put the dye in 3 times because it was more of an orangish red color. Finally I got a really nice dark purple & I thought I would be satisfied. But then a few days later I washed it assuming it would still be purple but just have faded a little. But it looked more like the splat crimson color. I still liked it though but some people wouldn't. Anyway, every time after that I washed it it dramatically faded & it was back to the color it was after I bleached & before I put the dye in like 2 weeks later. I'll be trying manic panic next.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

It's a nice color, but I feel it's too red for me. I've normally had good luck with putting semi-permanent dyes (ie Manic Panic, Special Effects), over processed hair; my hair would look black in doors and BAM purple or blue in the sun. This gave my hair a magenta sort of tint. I've had red before, it's nice, but I was hoping this would give me the same effect MP or SFX did. I didn't really like how runny this was whne I applied it. I do like the bleach it comes with though; I don't get as brassy, and it doesn't really as bad as others

Popular Hair Color Products