Splat! long lasting hair color in Lusty Lavender

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this hair dye! It's a pretty pink color on my hair with a little bit of purple. It's a different color than the box but its okay because I love the color :)

I love this hair dye! I dyed the ends of my hair with it. On my hair it comes out as a pretty pink purple color mostly pink. Ithe colors a little different that what's on the box on my hair but I love the color! :)

on 4/12/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought Splat in Purple Desire. After the FIRST wash, I can see the bleached strands. It stains everything and runs like crazy. Ridiculously bad.

on 3/3/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Doesn't last long, fades quick unless your hair is really light before you apply it.
I put this over orange hair, the orange turned maroon while my blonde parts of my hair are bright purple.

on 2/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

A easy way to get this stains of yor skin. 1. Use vasilene it realy does work. Aply on forehead ears and neck before aplying dye. 2. mix backing soda and dish soap into a paste apply it to skin and it wil tak

on 1/18/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been dying about a fifth of my hair this shade for about a year and through trial and error I have some invaluable tips.
-Use blond hair dye if you are wary about using bleach. It worked just the same for me and I have medium-light brown hair.
-USE GLOVES. I once read a review that said the coloring comes out of skin easy. It doesn't. It stays on for days and with this color it looks like you just have a weird skin disease.
-The dye will stain things when it becomes wet after the first few washes. I have rinsed for 30 minutes straight and still the water from my hair runs lavender. Protect anything that may come in contact with the water from your hair.
-Sleep in the dye. I'm serious. The box suggest 45 minutes but 9 hours makes the dye last for months.

on 10/5/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this hairdye. I purchased it at shoppers drug mart for about $15 (kinda pricey) because I wanted to dipdye my hair. It comes complete with the hair dye and bleaching matierial. I bleached the ends of my hair and it came out wonderfully. I was almost tempted to just leave it like that. The bleach really didn't dry out my hair too much. It's just harder to brush the ends now. When I first put the colour on, I diluted some with conditioner for a pastel look. I diluted way too much and it came out looking pinkish. I tried again with just the colour. And it came out really nice and bright. Not a true purple, but very close. I still like it. A con for this is. That the gloves were crappy and i broke the gloves in a large spot. I didn't notice at first, but my hands were stained for 2 days afterwards:( it wasn't pretty as it was soo dark. Anyways, this is the second month of wearing it and its a nice pinky toned brown colour. Lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'll start by saying I did this on un-bleached medium brown hair. I just wanted some peekaboo highlights so I bought Aqua Rush and Purple desire. The purple color took so long to rinse out of my hair... I only did 2 streaks and it took a good 15 mins. The aqua color rinsed easily. ( I left on for 45 mins) you can definitely see the color in good lighting. I'm pretty happy with it however, if you want stronger color you'll need to bleach first. I didnt want to damage my hair a ton though. Also, purple desire smells like grape. :P I probably wouldn't buy this again.. But if I had blonde hair I'd be all over this product!

I dip dyed my hair in March, and I just redid it. It lasted a few months, and faded to pink.

Easy to do, cleans up fairly well, and lasts a long time. I love it. Beautiful color, as well.

on 3/2/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this hair dye a lot!
It's not as conditioning as Manic Panic is, but it stays on a lot nicer. I dyed my hair from blonde in the last week of January, and it's still very very vibrant and nice - just a bit lighter.
(Refer to the link with my picture)

My first experience with Splat and I'm happy.
N.B. It bleeds A LOT. You need to watch out if your hair is damp or wet. I usually wear dark clothing after I take a shower. I've noticed some of the stains are removed easily with a good detergent in a long wash.
The more you put on, the darker it gets, since it's so concentrated (and hence the long-lasting effect, I believe). So try to put it on evenly.
Don't squeeze it out the way the instructions tell you to. Squeeze it into your hand first at least, or put it on a bowl and apply with a brush. If you squeeze directly, the part the hair colour pours on goes darker.

Finally, here's a picture of me and how my hair's been since I dyed it.
I've only touched up the roots that faded faster because of me rubbing my scalp when shampooing.

Popular Hair Color Products