Almay Wake Up Undereye Concealer

2.9

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product was so-so. My mother gave it to me after deciding it wasn't the right shade for her. While I didn't have much of an issue with the shade, it had distinctive yellow undertones. I have more pink undertones, but I did not feel this was unusable as a result. There are not very many shades to choose from (3?) with this product. It costs about $7-8, though usually the drug stores have sales/coupons you can work with on this. This product claims to be medium coverage, but I'd say it's more on the lighter side of medium. In fact, I got more use out of this product as a brightener on top of my NARS concealer if I felt I needed the extra coverage. The packaging is awful with the built in brush and squeeze tube. Once I ran out of this, I felt like there was still a significant amount of product left in the tube because the tube is quite thick and it is difficult to get product out toward the end. As far as the built in brush, I would just squeeze a small amount onto the back of my hand and apply with my fingers/beautyblender. Despite all the cons I've listed, I still felt this was usable/OK in terms of drug store concealers. Give this product a try if you have light skin with yellow undertones and are not in need of a full coverage concealer!

on 8/19/2014 7:14:00 PM

Eh.. It's good because it's hypo allergenic but it doesn't do the job. It's actually hard for me to blend without it looking streaky. It's a very sheer under eye concealer. Wouldn't repurchase and its not cruelty free.

on 4/4/2014 7:31:00 PM

Let me start by saying I love under eye concealers, I will try anything in the drugstore! I picked this up because I had a $2 off coupon, which made it super affordable - I think I paid $4! You cannot beat the price for the product quality you receive! Product is not runny as others have mentioned and it has a cool soothing effect, which I love! The only downfall is the packaging.. So if you can get past that, it's a great product! Just remember this concealer is strictly for UNDER THE EYE.. So as others have said it didn't cover blemishes ---- well, that isn't its job ;) I use the tip of the brush just to get it on my skin and my beauty blender to blend it out!

on 2/12/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this stuff!!! MY PERFECT SHADE! Words cannot describe how I feel. I've tried to get by with other concealors when I ran out but I'm buying five of these when I get the chance.

on 1/17/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I didn't care for this at all. Th squeeze tube was a pain to get desired amount of product out of and not that sanitary for use on blemishes. The coverage was to light for under eye circles, it was runny, would smear and was not buildable. Will not repurchase.

on 1/15/2014 11:04:00 PM

I got this because there was a buy one get one free at my cvs on anything almay and it's ok. It's not my favorite. I still use my mac prolong wear and this over top just to brighten it up some on the inner corners of the eye. It does it's job. I notice little creasing on my very fine lines but nothing a little dabbing and powder won't take care off. Over all...it's just...ok.

on 11/17/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bad in almost every department.

First the packaging - it's a squeeze tube that's quite soft. Every time I would squeeze the tube (and I was gentle) too much would come out and gunk up the brush end. I find this unsanitary and annoying to use. I put this in my cosmetics case and somehow while my bag sat there on a shelf at work - it leaked all over my bag. After cleaning up that mess at home, my husband accidentally smashed it with his hand when I left in on his desk to dry. And to be honest, I couldn't have been happier when he told me.

Second - it's very thin and water-y, and not buildable. Coverage is almost medium. When I applied one layer to my under eye circles it didn't cover much and the shade was too light (even though I got light-medium) so it made the area look worse and gave me the dreaded reverse dark circles. Applying a second layer just led to the first layer being pretty much rubbed off completely and I patted it in. My circles are not super dark and although this covered them it was not in a good way. The formula is hard to blend, drying, cakes up fast, and looks terrible under my eyes.

I wouldn't recommend this concealer to anyone just because of the packaging alone - messy, gets dirty fast and isn't convenient to travel with at all. I don't see the point of using this when any foundation would work better to cover up imperfections.

on 11/12/2013 3:12:00 PM

I thought that the Light/Medium color would be ok for my NC15 skin (I usually get the palest concealer available and end up regretting it as it gives me reverse raccoon eyes), but actually it is quite orange when applied in a thicker layer.

The packaging is annoying as the tube has to be squeezed in order to make the product flow through the brush. But the concealer flows too fast if you squeeze the tube too hard meaning that way too much product comes out.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a really bad concealer. If the color was lighter (and the packaging better) then I would probably like this a whole lot more. The texture is fairly sheer (it won't cover really dark circles at all, it barely covers the darkness at the corners of my eyes) and it blends easily.

I won't buy this again though. There are so many great concealers out there that this one is just average.

on 9/9/2013 1:15:00 PM

I love this concealer. It doesn't crease into my fine lines and does not irritate my eyes. I don't care for the brush, so a squeeze a little bit onto my ring finger and dab on. Gives enough coverage for my undereye circles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So-so undereye concealer but does an ok job brightening the undereye area. I was hoping t would be good as soething else so I Tried using it as a face highlighter (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, brows) and lo and behold! It broke me out in all those areas except my chin. Im talking clusters of red pimples around my brows and tzone. I think there are far more options than this little thing. Very disappointed as i thought almay was a skin friendly brand.