October 25, 2014 | 1783 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by snowsun

I like the ANR very much from EL and I also was using the Idealist pore minimizer, but I found that this latter was contributing to break me out, or had stopped doing effects, so I was looking for a new daily serum. The lady at EL convinced me to buy this "Idealist even skintone illuminator". What a waste of money!! I tried this for the first time, and it was such a bad experience! It made me glitter like gold, but a really ugly gold, and it broke me out like crazy. I never tried something that I disliked so fast, so I gave it to someone. It may work for some, but not for me! I'm using a Shiseido serum right now and very hydrating creams, as I feel the light of your skin should come from within, and not from any products that may even harm more... I keep those big guns just for special occasions!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Cilla94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so good! After a couple of weeks I noticed a much more even skintone. I also had a few scars and my skin was totally perfected and luminous. Sure it is not a miracle product, your skin problem will not be permanently gone but this is definately a great product that will make you feel better about your skin.....at least for a while. When I first tried this my thought was to never let it down. It doesn't do much more than correcting though. It has a wonderful fresh smell of citrus and vanilla, couldn't be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Sarah37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product claims to treat the acne and pigmentation, I bought it because the Estee Lauder customer service at David Jones Told me its going to help fading the acne scars I got on my face I have been using it for 3 months now it didn't clear anything, its just expensive product. I think fair and Lovely for pigmentation is better product though its only 16 $ and it fade all my scars. anyway i wont buy this product again I wont even recommend it its waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has a very nice texture, and the smell is very good. My skin looks really fresh when I use it, and feels like silk. I have oily skin, and this serum didn't make it worse or cause any breakouts.
Though it's a nice product, it is very basic and doesn't do what it claims. I haven't seen any improvement in my acne scars, and I used it for 10 months.
I think it's suitable for people who don't have too many flaws to fix.
I won't buy this serum again, unless it'll be on a huge discount.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Anicca83

This is my HG serum along with Advanced Night Repair SCII. I apply this serum every morning prior to moisturiser and every night after applying Advanced Night Repair. Since I got this I have received numerous compliments on my glowing skin, even with minimal makeup on. I look healthier and more rested when I apply this and my skintone does appear more even when I wear it due to its light reflecting properties. Not sure if it offers any permanent or long term skin benefits but it definitely makes my skin appear better when I apply it so I will continue to apply this every AM and PM as recommended by the EL instructions.

It is expensive but as long as the compliments keep coming I will keep buying it. I do recommend that people sample this product before buying to ensure they do not become irritated by the ingredients or find the shimmery light reflecting particles too glowy. If you have oily skin the Idealist Pore Minimising serum would be a better serum but for normal to dry skin this is a HG product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lilyroserobinson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've being using this product for almost is months without any significant result on my scars. I bought it hoping that it would help to fade off some acne scars that I have, as that among other benefits is whatnot the creme offers. I'm kind of disappointed, but I must say that I like the softness that it gives and I have no problem with its fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

Unlike some illuminators that can be overly shimmery or glittery, this one just reflects a little bit of light to even out skintone and make it look like you're glowing from within. I don't think of it as a serum (maybe I should?), but rather a makeup product. Typical use for me is to apply a serum after my morning shower, and then mix a small drop of this in with my moisturizer. I am unconvinced that it has magical skin-healing properties, but do think it's nice for a wash-on, wash-off inner glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Silfor

I am about to buy my third bottle, this product is amazing, especially if you don't feel like wearing makeup and just want a little 'glow'. It absorbs quickly and brightens complexion immediatley, I have recommended this product to numerous people and can't believe I am only just reviewing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by atong84

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this serum and would continue to use it (though it costs quite a pretty penny). I love how it illuminates my skin and adds that extra boost of moisture below my moisturizer. Also, I have noticed a dramatic change in my old acne scars. And anytime I get a new outbreak, it disappears much quicker with the use of this serum.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

It is nice when you apply it, skin looks radiant. However couple of hours later it starts to dry my skin and makes my makeup look cakey.

Update:Ok, after some creative application experiments, I found that overall makeup cakiness (and I normally use only concealer and a little pressed powder) decreases if I apply the Idealist OVER my moisturiser (Estee Lauder Daywear Lotion SPF 15), however I think theoretically this method defeats the purpose of the serum, since the moisturiser creates a barrier to all the serum's antioxidants and other good-for-skin ingredients. What I am left with in the end is a purely cosmetic effect which is not worth paying $92 - I can do the same with a nice highlighter.
ps. I do not dare to think of wearing it at nigth with all the silicone and glitter.

On a different note I can recommend Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate that is albeit a differnet purpose product (subtle exfoliation and skin turnover) but gives similar results in terms of overall radiance of face, goes nicely under my moisturiser and gives a nice velvet feel to my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No