Dior Dior Addict EDP

3.9

I got a sample of this to try out as a new sexy, nighttime, going out fragrance-and boy is it! A nice sexy, spicy vanilla that lasts forever. The spice and vanilla work really well together to keep it from becoming too one note and flat, or leaning too sweet. The second I sprayed it on my wrist I walked past a coworker and she grabbed my wrist, smelled it, and said "What is this, it smells so damn good".

A wonderful lady friend of mine gifted me with 10 or more of full bottles and decants of her personal collection of perfumes , mostly vintage so my review is for the old formulation of the EdP 2010 one .
First of all I am not a big fan of vanilla fragrances , and this is certainly a true vanilla one , but It's not just any vanilla ..It's dark , sexy -almost dirty ! and in your face vanilla which is not trying to be a sweet heart one like the usual trendy perfumes now , It would make a great mature lady perfume as it is SO sophisticated and elegant ..Wear it with care or it will certainly wear you ..I have great respect for this great blend of creation though it's not my style or taste .

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

If someone had said, "Dee Dee, close your eyes and smell this," I would have guessed this to be a high-end fragrance. My first thought might have been Tom Ford which is a compliment in my book. It's powerful. Sexy. Sophisticated. Well blended and interesting from start to finish; a process that lingers and morphs into a warm, cuddly dry down like spooning after sex with someone you don't want to leave.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

If you follow this fragrance, then you are well aware of the reformulations that happened over the years. I compare the transformation journey to goldilocks and the three bears. My review is similar to jhenley's review down below.

When I first bought this in 2004, I was taken back by it. It was so heavy and warm. I couldn't even spray this on my skin. I had to spray the air and jump into the mist. Even doing that, it would last for forever even after taking a shower! If you sprayed this on your winter coat, the scent lasted for weeks. I was so intoxicated with the heavy winter warmth of this scent. It was so comforting to me. The rich bourbon, the sweet vanilla and heavy woods made me fall in love with it. Men loved it at well. After repurchasing it twice, I stopped using it because I simply ran out of my last bottle and ventured on to new and different fragrances.

A few years ago, I was shopping at Ulta and browsing the fragrance section. For old kicks, I grabbed Addict and spritzed myself with it. I almost gagged. It was so different! I couldn't even recognize those intoxicating scents I fell in love with. It was so cold! Crisp and sharp. Instead of feeling like you are sipping coffee and bailey's by the fire, you are locked outside of your house in a blizzard. I hated it! Sad that I will never get to enjoy Addict again.

Recently, I researched Addict and found out there was another reformulation and it was described as being more like the original. I went to Sephora to check it out. I was content with what I experienced at first spritz. However, slightly disappointed it wasn't an exact to the original. But, the final reformulation is a lot wearable. I still can pick out those warm heavy scents that made me fall in love with this but it isn't as strong as the original. Now, I can actually spray myself with it and still get the full body of the perfume. The only downside to the new formulation is that it doesn't last no where near the original.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I tried this EDP because people said it smelled like Morrocanoil. It does not. But I do get the similarities to Shalimar and to playdoh. As a preschool teacher I've made my share of playdoh and this has notes of dirty booger mitt playdoh after it has been used a lot. But there are also some sensual incense notes that I liked. And it is very long lasting. It's just not for me. If my sister was alive she would have loved this fragrance but this does not smell like Moroccanoil which I was going for. There is no tonka bean or notes of mandarin that Morrocanoil has in it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A friend asked me how i managed to get re married in my late 40's. I think that this perfume may a big reason. For some reason my body chemistry and this fragrance are really sympatico. I love it and have repurchased repeatedly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It smells luxurious, classy and womanish. For me nothing represents night like this perfume. My addiction.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a worthy update for Addict EDP. The last one (2012) was very watered down and not that good, this seems a lot closer to the original from 2002. It's softer though. The original projected, would last on skin forever and was a bit of a bomb. This however, is a more wearable Addict. Very friendly and subdued compared to the original.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a sexy, womanly and high-end fragrance. By 'high-end' I mean that it smells expensive and would fit comfortably in the Chanel and Guerlain family of fragrances. This scent is powerful and has pretty good lasting power. The actual scent starts off spicy and gourmand as a deep, sensual vanilla and a good kick of cinnamon and some almond/floral undertones. Once the fragrance settles it is predominately a warm, bourbon like, creamy vanilla musk. This is a great fragrance for the evening/night time because it is so rich.

I don't know why it took me so long to try this, but I'm glad I finally did. I love this fragrance!
Kinda reminds me to YSL Manifesto except slightly sweeter. I'm a vanilla lover so this one is right up my alley (no pun intended). I also prefer stronger scents because they last on me.
So I sprayed this on at the store and then walked the mall. I loved the fragrance from the first spritz. I loved it hours later. I purchased it. It's very hard to describe this. Yes, it's potent. (But not as strong as Opium, for example. That's sickening!) Yes, there's floral/greenery. Yes, there's a sweetness to it. And yes, it's got vanilla. There's also a slight "salty" scent that I can't identify. I think that "saltiness" offsets the sweetness. After an hour or two, it's the vanilla, sweetness and "saltiness" that remains on me. But the sweetness if not over-done. A little bit of Addict goes a long way which I'm glad about because it was very expensive. (It's the name, of course!). Anyway this seems to be a perfume that people either love or hate. I think it's how one's chemistry reacts to it. With my chemistry, it takes a perfume exactly like this to work for me. So many perfumes fade on me, 10 minutes after I spray them on. This will still be on me the next day and that's fine with me. And my husband likes Addict too so that's an added plus.

Popular Fragrances