November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I sampled Dior Addict EDP, found it a bit cloying, but I enjoy vanilla in a fragrance, if it's done well, so I decided to wait until dry down before jumping ship with this one. Little did I know I set myself up for self-torture by not scrubbing this off immediately. By the time dry down occurred, the vanilla had escalated into a nauseating, sickening, sweet aroma. This smelled like I had slathered myself with cheap, vanilla icing, or doused myself in vanilla extract.

My mother smelled the perfume while in the sample bottle, and said she liked it. I spritzed it on her left wrist for her to sample. I didn't have the peppery note, but the peppery note was pronounced on her. She smelled like cheap, vanilla icing and pepper.

Liking or loathing a scent is subjective. This just did not work well with my body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by michenews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favourite fragrance ever, and it's unlike anything I've ever smelled, really. I've been wearing Dior Addict exclusively for about seven months now (commitment!) - spanning spring, summer, and fall seasons. Though it may be more easily classified as a "fall-winter" fragrance, I've loved it in the warmer months as well. It smells and feels like you're enveloped in a beautiful cloud. It manages to mix a warm femininity with a bit of mystery and androgyny - the effect is sexy, warm, and clean.

As is the case with many of my favourites, it's pretty strong at first, but soon begins to dry into a beautiful, rich, boozy vanilla with woodsy and subtle floral tones. Much longer lasting than most perfumes, but by the end of the day it develops into a soft, lingering, vanilla. Completely organic smelling, with nothing of the artificial vanilla notes that most scents have a hard time avoiding.

It's intoxicating and comforting at the same time, and especially great on clothing - I've smelled it several days later on jackets, scarves, etc. and it only seems to get better. Also, I've gotten more compliments on this than any other perfume. People are entranced by it. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Jeri1510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It smells very synthetic and strong on me, like a cheap perfume, though it is not. I love Dior perfumes. I've got Miss Dior (The one that used to be Miss Dior Cherie), Hypnotic Poison and Pure Poison. Addict.... was not made for me and I ended up giving it to my mother, but she wore it once and never again. It was so expensive and now you can see it on my desk... looking at me with a sad face and beautiful packaging :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by suripopje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Favorite scent.
Heavy heavy oriental scent and it lingers. It's a warm heavy sweet but also spicy scent and it's definitely a love or hate type of scent. There is just no middle ground with this one it's either totally your thing or not. It works very well with my body chemistry and one thing that is to be said about this scent other than that it is instantly recognizable is that it smells organic. Only in the sense that however unusual and for some people downright disgusting the smell it has no synthetic feel to it.
Of course there is no real way to decipher the ingredients but to describe it I'd use the words, gourmand (smells that a reminiscent of foods) spicy, warm, oriental, woody(??), sweet and very very very heavy. Truly unique. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by rachelsxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I love this perfume, although I could see why it would turn people off. It's very heavy and intense, and at first, I can't stand the smell of myself lol, whereas there are some perfumes that smell great right away. But within 10 minutes, it blends into my skin and smells really sexy and lasts a really long time. I have literally had strangers stop tell me I smell amazing and guys can't get enough of me when I wear it. It's my go to when I'm on a date or going to an upscale lounge. Although, I will say that it does smell a little different now compared to when I first started wearing it almost a decade ago. I can't pin point what exactly is different but I find it takes longer for it to blend into my skin's oils to make it smell good. Overall, this is probably my favorite perfume to wear bc it has the biggest 'wow' factor to it and it's pretty unique as it's not too much of one smell, but just a nice blend of spicy, musky, vanilla, and floral.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This started very promising (smokey vanilla), but quickly became a horrible, cloying white floral. Addict has been reformulated and repackaged more than once, but basically it stayed the same. I think most or all Dior fragrances were reformulated in the last couple of years, they were cheapened I guess. The older versions are stronger and have better quality raw materials. (I don't know this for a fact, it's just what my nose tells me.) The composition remained the same or almost the same. According to Fragrantica the different versions were created by different perfumers and they have different notes, but I can't really smell this difference. Addict is still really potent, loud and long-lasting, which is a good thing, if you like how it smells.
The best smokey vanilla I've smelled so far is still Guerlain's Shalimar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst perfumes I've ever smelled. I went to Sephora with my gift cards ready to get this but once I sprayed it I changed my mind completely. I read so many positive reviews on this that I thought i'd love it. I can't understand why so many people love this but that is their opinion and good for them. I waited for the drydown but that still was bad. Smells like sweaty men puffing cigars on a leather couch in a musty bar with some cheezy waitresses wearing cheap vanilla perfume. I tried my best to like it but I just cannot. I'm so glad I did not buy this blindly. You couldn't pay me to wear this. I know I'm being harsh but this is just yuck! The only positive is the neat blue bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A warm and sexy spicy oriental. This is almost exactly like Opium but softer and with a little extra citrus! I can smell coca cola, cinnamon, vanilla, sandalwood, amber, with a touch of oranges and cream. Its smoother and more creamy (more vanilla), brighter (the orange fruit), and less cloying than Opium. I found Opium was one loud boring amber headache, whereas Addict is more sophisticated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority here, but this fragrance was horrid on me. And I don't say that about alot of fragrances. Probably three ever, including this one. Not only did it smell bad, it gave me an immense headache which caused me to rush home to put myself out of misery. Sorry Mr. Dior, looks like I will not be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this when it first launched. Recently after not wearing it for years I sprayed myself while shopping and received a compliment right away!! I bought it and receive at least one compliment a day!!! It is a gorgeous scent!!