Everyday Minerals Memphis Rose

4.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This really is a very pretty color, but it is quite dark, so pale women have to be very careful with it. It can easily look like rosacea, but when it's applied with a very, very light hand, it is a gorgeous rosey shade with golden sparkles. I particularly like the amount of sparkle in this shade and I think that's what gives it such a mesmerizing quality. The sparkles appear as a glowy sheen, which radiates a healthy, shining from within look. The only way I can use this product, though, is to let a light dusting of product adhere to the lid and then use my angled blush brush to get just a tiny amount and apply in circles to my cheeks.

EDM should make a less pigmented version for pale women! For darker skinned women, this blush is a must have and they should offer it in their regular collection.

on 6/3/2011 11:51:00 AM

I wanted to review this blush because it is truly a great product. It is a stunning strawberry pink, verging on mauve, with some gold shimmer. It applies and wears beautifully, and I love the minimal ingredients (mica, lauroyl lyseine, +/- titanium dioxide, iron oxides, manganese violet). This color was limited edition, but based on this I would definitely try other EDM blushes. I wish Memphis Rose was in EDM's regular lineup, because if I ever use up my container, I would really like to be able to buy it again.