L.A. Colors Auto Eyeliner In Black

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of Maybelline automatic eyeliner and got this as a substitute and was totally surprised how good this is. Sometimes it would smudge a little, this is perfect for those who like that smoky, smoldering effect, do not buy this if you want a precise line. You will need a base and a powder to set this if you want this to last longer, otherwise just reapply it. This will also last longer if applied on top of eyeshadow.

on 11/11/2013 5:00:00 PM

I use this eyeliner every day. It has been my go to eyeliner for about six years now. Overall, it is cheap, effective, and easy to use. Obviously its an auto eyeliner, so you really just have to twist the tip up, and don't have to play around with sharpeners and stuff.

The way I do my makeup is with the whole "raccoon eyes/scene girl" look, and this eyeliner is perfect for doing your lower lash line like that. It will smudge on your upper lash line if you try applying it there, but it works well for smokey eyes.

Again, its an auto liner, so when you first open up this product, there is a nice tip to it, but after a use or two, the perfectly pointed tip is gone, and its more of a rounded tip. You can probably sharpen it, I never have, as I love the deep lines it leaves after the tip has rounded out.

One issue i've had with this is a minor migration issue. It will smudge under your eyes after a few hours, but its nothing a q-tip and some cleanser cant fix. Its not too noticeable, either, unless you let it go for half the day. I've had worse migration issues with more expensive drug store auto liners, so I still think this eyeliner is worth it.

Overall, its a great steal for only $1.00 at most dollar stores. I've seen them at Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and Dollar General, all for only a buck and some tax. At Dollar General, they usually have more than just the standard black and brown in this kind of eyeliner, so it can be very versatile if you're looking for more than just the standard colors. Really, it all comes down to what you plan on using it for.

on 7/1/2013 4:29:00 AM

I purchased the Black Frost, Semi Permanent Auto Eyeliner on sale for $5.00 NZD out of curiosity and I'm IMPRESSED.

I would use this to line top lashes but wouldn't bother for the waterline (its just too much effort trying to get a nice finish that will last) and would be easier to go in with a kohl pencil.

I would definitley recommend a few of these in your kit for everyday wear if you dont want to use your more expensive high end product.

However, dont expect a intense, matt , long lasting product without layering it. Pigment is okay, and the texture slightly shiney but layer matte shadow over top to seal and intensify and repeat the process for extra lasting power and your good. I do this with with cream liners anyhow regardless of brand.

I think the packaging is very good - The cap stays on tight and doesn't come off easily (i have ruined numerous liners because the caps don't stay on, or they crack etc and fall off in my case). No issues with the stick winding up & down or the product falling out when i tip it upside down. I was impressed with how much product you get, I think i measured it out at 2-3 inches of product in the stick, which is quite generous for what you pay for.
The found the liner to be quite durable and wont break which is great when you are working quickly to line your lashes etc.The formula is creamy and glides on easily (no tugging, or dragging.

on 1/20/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this in an unconventional way, and for this, it works great: After applying a gold or bronze lid color, I apply some pencil strokes on top,at the lash line and a little way up on the lid....it doesn't even need to be visible because the PURPOSE is to provide a sticky base coat for my next step, patting on a bit of black powder shadow. This method makes the black powder shadow stick, also prevents fallout, which black shadows often cause. I end up with a beautiful blackened, ombered effect over the gold or bronze. This works way better for me than the dark horse, smog and snakebite shadows in my UD palettes.

on 12/27/2012 12:41:00 AM

It's hard to be too disappointed having only spent 1.39 on this.
It's an okay eyeliner. I ran out of my go to Neutrogena Automatic Grey liner and needed something fast before I went to a holiday party.
The application was very smooth. The point was the perfect size for an automatic liner. The color was a true black without particles of glitter or shine.
However, once I applied the liner to both lids and turned back to my makeup counter to pick up my shadow the liner had already settled into my crease. It did so in the way an overly oily liner would. This was more disappointing considering I had Too Faced Shadow Insurance under. I fixed the smudging and tried to let it dry without much luck.
I put an Urban Decay shadow on top and it stayed for the rest of the day without migrating.
The smudging isn't really that big of an issue considering I always have shadow on top of my liner but it does make me reluctant to wear it during warmer weather.
Another problem with this is the actual cosmetic isn't snug in the applicator. Meaning the stick of liner can wiggle around a bit during application, which is a bit irritating when you're trying to create a fine line.
Overall, not the worst liner by any standards. I definitely will not throw away- keep around for touch ups or back up.

on 10/28/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Just brought it. I ran out of my KISS 24 hr one which I Love!!!! Cant get to the store that sells it till later on so I picked this up as a sub. smooth n creamy. great for smokey eyes though I wonder about the lasting power of it...............

on 10/22/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you're a fan of a smokey effect, this is pretty much the best steal you can get. It's really pigmented and creamy, and very smudgable.

A huge downside is that it's so creamy you really need to set it with a matching powder, unless you want to go for racoon eyes. If you put this on top of something more long wearing like the maybelline color tattoo it should stay on fairly well too.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well... I'm kind of disappointed to be writing a bad review. I bought this at Deals, here in Ohio, US, and I was hoping for a decent, cheap eyeliner. Sadly, that wasn't the case.
Yes, I realize it's only $1, but there is so little product. It's not a lot of eyeliner, despite the stick's size. But my biggest complaint is that the eyeliner smudges extremely. It's so smooth, if I were to accidentally wipe my eye, it'd come straight off! And putting it on your waterline is a big mess, too. I'm glad that it's smudgable and creamy... but it's almost too smudgable and creamy.
One last, final note, is that when you recap the eyeliner, the eyeliner has to be retracted all the way down or else the cap with squish the tip. I've already ruined half of it by accidentally leaving it up a little, only to have it smashed when I uncap it.
I wouldn't buy this again nor recommend it.

it's only a dollar and it's the best eyeliner i've used. pick a pack up every time i'm at the dollartree.

on 4/16/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is really good, almost matches up to the Rimmel London 24Hr Stay Liner (I think that's the name). Anyways, it is the best "primer" for my liquid liner. Usually, when putting on makeup for school, I line closest to the lash line with this liner first, then apply the liquid liner on top. And this eyeliner helps the liquid stay on much longer, plus makes it look more well done. The price is just unbelievably cheap for something so awesome. I mean, $1.00, really?? Just by looking at the price, I honestly thought it was going to be another rip-off, but thank God it wasn't. Cuz if it were a ripoff, then that one dollar could've been some use. But it was worth it. Perfect for a natural look, too. I am so buying this again :)

Top Rated L.A. Colors Products