November 26, 2014 | 1240 users online

Liquid - L.A. Colors - Liquid makeup in natural

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would actually give this 3.5 lippies, if I could. I picked this up in "True Beige" at my local Dollar Tree, because I love trying cheap makeup. I figure if it turns out good then I found a bargain, and if it's terrible, I didn't waste much money. I am really pale, and this was the lightest shade I saw. It looked like it might be too dark, but it applies lighter, and is so sheer, that the color match is just fine. My rating for this is as a tinted moisturizer. This is sheer, and moisturizing, just like a TM, and that's how I use it. I apply after washing my face, with no moisturizer underneath, because I have oily skin and this is more then enough hydration. Cosmetic grade mineral oil does not clog pores, and is actually good for hydration, so don't be scared off by it. As I previously stated, one layer is very sheer, but if you allow it to dry and add a second layer, you will have decent light coverage. I have been using it with the L.A. Colors pressed powder in "Nude", which is actually decent, and adds more coverage, as well as a matte finish. I love the way this smells, it has a light fresh fragrance. I also love the slim, portable, cute pump bottle. I think it's ironic that this foundation has a nice pump bottle and only costs $1, when more expensive foundations don't. This does not break me out at all, and I am easily broken out, probably because it's silicone free, which is VERY hard to find in foundation. If you have clear skin, or dry skin, and want light, natural looking coverage, then this will be worth your $1!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffin Liquidum), Ceteareth- 25, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glycerin, Squalane, Ceteraryl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by chimpmunkways

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was the first foundation that i have ever tried back in middle school. of corse i didnt know nothing aboout makeup or skin. i didnt know that there were certain foundations for certain things and whatever but about 4 days ago i was at the dallor store just looking and i saw this foundation and i thought i would give this another shot for days when im going somewhere really quick or when im doing my makeup at home just for the fun of it and not going out anywhere else.
i applyed this with a brush dont apply with your fingers is really hard to blend with your fingers and will look caky and striky. not with a traditional paddle brush but with a flat top or any type of kabuki brush.
this is not i repeat not for oily skin
i applyed this and set it with powder
and like not even 2 hrs later i was completely oily again
i appled powder 3 times again within that same hour and again oily..
surprising it didnt break me out i would only use this if im doing my makeup at home and wanted to take pictures

follow me on instagram @chimpmunkways
im makeup obbsessed

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kelleyaddy

I found the L.A. Colors liquid makeup at my local Dollar Tree for $1.00. I purchased the 'tan' and the 'creamy beige' just in case the tan is too dark or the beige is too light! i am pretty pleased with this product; I mean for $1 i'm amazed at how this liquid foundation actually works on my face! It's definetely a 'light' coverage so if you prefer a more fuller foundation this may not be the prodcut for you! It has a very nice light scent to it which isnt a bother to me. The only one complaint i have for this product is that the packaging isnt too efficent. The pump is a plus but about 3-4 weeks in to using, the pump decided to not pump out product anymore! So now I have to take the pump off and shake the product on to my sponge applicators I use to apply the foundtation to my face!

For a dollar, it's really worth a try! You're not out a lot of money so if it's terrible, no big deal!
I also use the L.A. Colors pressed powder in tan and that prodcut is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mzlady75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love L.A. Colors foundation it has easy application, light weight , & nice fragrance. Affordable price, located at Dollar General, and never a let down! If your looking for great makeup at a great price try it... You'll luv it😊😊

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to use this product when I first got it and was hoping that it would be one of those "hidden gems" in the drugstore but as per usual I was disappointed. I know it was only four bucks (here in Canada) but I feel like it was still a waste of my money.

Three things that I really like about this product is obviously the price (I think everyone can agree with me on that) and also how well it matches my skin tone. I also love how it came with a pump! I was so excited to try this on because I've never had an easier time looking for a match than when I got this foundation so I was really happy.The formula is very thick - and deceiving, mind you. Because of it's thickness, you would think that it would have at least a medium coverage - NO! This one has a very, very light coverage. The blendability is not even remotely close to being mediocre. At one point, it wouldn't even go on the bridge of my nose. I legit cannot put any product on there and I have no idea why. Skin tone-wise, it was a match made in heaven. I just don't think this product is for me since I'm a full coverage kind of girl. Right after I tried it on and it wouldn't go on the bridge of my nose, I tossed it in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MightyMascara

My acne has gotten a lot better then it used to be, but now I have dark red scars along my jaw line and forehead, and considering it was only a 1.50$ at family dollar I thought it would be great for a first time foundation.

And it is!!

I can see how the color wouldn't match some people considering it's like tan.

But I thought it was pretty good it didn't cover much but it helped.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by palladiojunkie101

I am not going to complain about the price, but I was disappointed that none of the colors matched me at all. I ended up looking totally yellow; However, I just rinsed out the pump and bottle and filled it with the foundation I do like that came in a messy squeeze bottle and just used the rest of the l.a. colors line (powder, blush, etc.) and it works perfectly. I am surprised that the powders matched so well though. I can't complain cause I did my research and heard that it was really yellow on people so I knew what I was getting into, everything for a dollar I got a cute package pump bottle to put any foundation I want into.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by agir002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought LM959 Honey.

Pros: Great colour on me. I am a Mac NC42 and LA Girl is very yellow based it gives me very nice warm colour in the winter as even as an Olive person I tend to go a bit pale and pasty looking,
Doesnt dry out my skin
So Cheap!
(A good foundation to wear if you already have great skin and dont need so much coverage or staying power)

Cons: Only light to medium coverage, doesnt do well on blemishes or pimples
It is not chemical free but I like the colour
Makes my pimples break out more if I use it to cover them

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyone needs to stop complaining bout this product. It was a DOLLAR. I don't use as a foundation because it is rubbish if you use it for that. I absolutely love the pump on it and I use it as an we primer. It holds my shadows all day and you get so much product. It also evens out my eyelid because I have really bad veins that stick out. Even if you don't want to use it for a eyeshadow primer, just get it for the pump. There are highend brands that don even have pumps on their products yet there is a product in the dollar store that does. I really do suggest going out and getting this as an eye primer, it works really well :D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Galldubh

I downright hate this product. It is too thin and liquidy for my liking. I most definitely don't have the most clear skin ever, and this just makes my skin look even WORSE. It makes it feel even oilier and has basically no coverage to it.

The upsides to it? It's in a pretty snazzy pump that I know I will be saving once I use up my two bottles for lotions and stuff (which will be a long time from now, since I will only be using this makeup most likely on the Crazy Makeup nights that I have with my friend where I decide I want to use my makeup to make myself look like a freak). It also has a nice vanilla-ey scent to it.

I love L.A. Colors as a beauty brand, but this just disappointed me beyond belief!