November 29, 2014 | 518 users online

Sunscreen - NIA 24 - Sun Damage Prevention UVA UVB Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I found it in the BEST review section of Beautypedia, in the category, moisturizers with sunscreen. However, I'm not really sure that it is a suitable substitute for moisturizer . I use it as both a morning moisturizer and a sunscreen. I bought it to replace one by Le Metier that costs $225. At $49 for 2.5 ounces, this was unquestionably a better deal. It leaves a strange tacky feeling, and a little bit of a greasy finish, like sunscreen. I also don't care for the smell. Beautypedia characterizes it as "fragrance free" and though they may not have added fragrance to it, it definitely has a strong smell. I don't think it has caused any breakouts, and it kept me tan and burn free on vacations to Kauai and St. Thomas, so I had to really think about whether I would purchase this again, but I think the answer is no. I'm going to commence my search for a replacement when I use this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall I thought this was a great daily sunscreen. It was pretty light - creamy but not thick in consistency, did not leave my face oily, and did not leave a white cast. The scent was a bit odd but not bad. For me personally, it did not stand up to its claims of improving hyperpigmentation/sun spots, and I can't say that I noticed any change of any sort in my skin, but I wasn't expecting to. I just bought this for my daily SPF routine. This is probably my favorite sunscreen that I've ever had, and the only reason I will not repurchase this specific product is that I am now trying to stick to physical sunblocks instead of chemical ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by arikboi76

Best sunscreen I've ever used. NO oxybenzone, NO parabens, NO aluminum, NO white cast. Avobenzone is stabilized with polyester-8. Works fabulously under mattifier..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by summertan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this sunscreen because it contains 5% Niacin like the Skin Strengthening Complex and has more quantity for less money. It makes my face a little redish probably due to the sun filters it contains (culprit probably Avobenzone). The texture of the sunscreen is not overly greasy but there is a noticeable shimmer even hours after application. At that price point, I expected a truly non-greasy formula by Nia24 but it is far from that. The only advantage of this sunscreen is that it is easily removable by water so your face doesnt have to be dried out or irritated by facial washes.

I will not repurchase. Far more matte sunscreen texture is La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-in sunscreen Milk SPF 60.