September 18, 2014 | 2105 users online

Shampoo - Head and Shoulders - Clinical Strength

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the only thing that really works for my seborrheic dermatitis. helps with flakes and bumps on my scalp. tried other things over the years and went back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Laurin

I thought I had reviewed this product long ago, but apparently I hadn't! I have had problems with seborrheic dermatitis (basically an extreme version of dandruff with oily scalp and itchy, crusty dandruff--gross, I know!) since I was about 10 years old. It seems to be seasonal and is ramping up again now that it will soon be Fall. I have kept this product on hand for probably 15 years (formerly called Intensive), and it definitely does the trick to stop the severe itching and flaking. The only negative is that it doesn't smell great--my hair smells clean, but this shampoo definitely leaves an underlying sulfur odor which I can smell all day on my hands and nails, as well. I asked my teenage daughter to smell my hair and she claims she doesn't smell anything weird, but *I* can smell it on myself. If you have been suffering with persistent, crusty, oily, itchy dandruff give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

In 1997, I had been suffering from a seriously flaky scalp for years. I don't know what it was - dry scalp, dandruff, fungal infection? It wasn't itchy, just persistently flaky. I had tried everything over-the-counter like Neutrogena T-Gel, Selsun Blue, and regular Head & Shoulders.

I bought this, expecting it work no better. After a few uses, I realized my flakes were GONE. Since then, I have never been without this shampoo (I think it was called Intensive at the time, but this is the same thing). I don't use it every time I wash my hair; I just treat my scalp with it once every couple of weeks or so.

It's not a very luxurious shampoo experience. It doesn't smell great, and it appears to strip and dry my hair. But that's what conditioner is for. And anyway, it's worth the downside. It's the only thing that works Every Single Time!

I buy mine at CVS for maybe 6 or 7 dollars (I think?). I don't have to buy a new bottle very often, so I'm not sure. And it's a big bottle, unlike most specialized treatment shampoos, so it's very cost-effective. Give it a try if you have persistent flakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by haha341778

This shampoo " cure " my heavily dandruff head. I tried a lot different kind of shampoo and tried to figure out why my hair has so much dandruff, and this shampoo has help decrease the dandruff drastically and now I have no dandruff anymore. I only use if for a few weeks and dandruff is all gone now I am using regular shampoo. But if my dandruff comes back, now I know I would use this shampoo. Thanks to my boyfriend who introduced me this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

This did nothing to benefit my hair/scalp & actually further irritated the issues I am having. If you have sensitive skin or are dealing with a red scalp, opt for the 2% Zinc H&S instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaster101

This shampoo is great for dandruff! I have such bad dandruff I had medicated shampoo, but this works better than that did. I mean, it doesn't really do a lot for the frizziness for your hair so I just use a different shampoo for that along with it and it works out well. My advisement with this is use a different shampoo/conditioner along with it to treat your hair, and use this to treat your scalp.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this thinking when my scalp acts up I will use it. I decided to give this a try one evening and it took several days for the smell to go away. I will keep it for really bad scalp issues, but my regular Head and Shoulders seems to be keeping those at bay. I probably will never use it again and I only used it once. I am very sensitive to scents and this was horrible. Aside from the scent...it probably really helps those with extreme scalp issues and for that perhaps I would recommend this to at least try. Its ok, but will not be purchasing this ever again and probably will never use the bottle I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a problem that lasted for Months ! I used two types of the regular head and shoulders and a clarifying shampoo, I tried washing my hair twice a day and washing it every other day...tried dry shampoo...Nothing worked...until I tried the head and shoulders clinical strength...my scalp felt better after the first wash ! and after the second wash it was GONE...I wish I tried it earlier...the only thing I don't like about it is its smell...smells like Sulfur...and it stays in your hair for a couple of hours..but that is not a problem at all
PS my scalp problem was a consistent dandruff with a very very oily spot on my crown...this shampoo got rid of both problems

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

I like to use smooth & silky and sweet smelling shampoos constantly. However, after using those frequently my hair starts getting damaged. A few uses of this shampoo and my hair is back to it's vibrant self. Also, it does wonders to dandruff. It's really great shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching Makeup Alley for a shampoo to try because my scalp is just crazy awful right now. I've used this shampoo for about a two years and ran out a little over a month ago. I now know I can just give up the search and go back because this just works. I wash with this for a week and I'm okay for three. The smell doesn't bother me at all, I actually like it. It doesn't smell exactly like Irish Spring soap, but if you know what that smells like, then you know not to expect a fruity or floral scent. That's the only thing I can think of that would keep someone from using it, not liking the smell, because it works 100%.

EDIT 8/13: I just bought the Kmart brand of this shampoo and I still love it, and the fact it was three dollars cheaper. The Kmart brand works a little better for me because it has more of a slippy feel. I think the Head and Shoulders has more conditioners in theirs so it's really thick, where as the Kmart one I can actually get it on my scalp easier. This doesn't dry my hair out though. It has a different smell too. Sort of like generic body wash you probably get in any cheap gift basket, a faint fruity, but to me its not a gross smell. So if you don't like the Irish Spring scent of the H&S this might work for you. I bought this on a Sunday and got my hair cut ten days later. I washed my hair with this shampoo four times. I never ever would have let anyone near my scalp with how it looked before I bought this. After four washes I didn't even blink taking out my pony tail for the shampoo or when she was brushing it after.