December 20, 2014 | 1255 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection – Eternal 350

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by eliego7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick is a rich, deep raspberry color. It instantly makes me look healthier and hydrates my lips. It is definitely a long wear lipstick, I would even say it's got a stain property, witch can be either good or bad. You'll have to use a really good makeup remover to wipe off the color completely.

It has a nice smell that is not overpowering when on the lips. It has a nice shine when on the lips, but not too much. I wear this color on an everyday basis, but I think it would also look fantastic at night with a clear lipgloss over it. For the price, I would say that this lipstick is totally worth it, I'll certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by AtomicNony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. I usually don't go for reds, but this definately stood out to me when I saw it at the store. It instantly brightens your complexion and is longwearing too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I saw this featured in a magazine some months back, and it was supposed to be a fuchsia according to People Style Watch. It's more of a raspberry red. I got it home and thought it would not get much use. I never throw something away if it's new, so it went into a standby drawer of makeup. The Lip Perfection lipsticks are too good to waste. I recently felt like shopping my own stash instead of looking for new autumn lipsticks, and fell in love with Eternal. It's the right time of year for it, and with rosey blush and bold dark lashes it's very beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by beachydolphin

Love the color, really pops, I think it would work on many skin tones. Just beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by whisper

'Eternal' is a beautiful deep rich raspberry pink lipstick that instantly brightens up my face when I wear it. It's definitely not for the shy or faint of heart as the pigmentation is quite intense. This is not a subtle color by any means! That said, I personally don't apply it straight from the bullet (too intense/in-your-face for my taste; though the color is gorgeous and you could certainly wear it 'full-on' and not look even remotely trashy.) The way I wear this is to prep my lips w/Blistex (the blue pot kind) and then either dab some of this lipstick on using my fingertip, or, I'll use a lip brush – both ways work really well and result in very similar looks. It gives my lips a burst of brightness, like a stain almost, but better somehow because, at least in my experience, actual lip stains (as in products marketed as such, as opposed to ordinary lipsticks that you can just apply differently to achieve a 'stained' effect) tend to be way drying and never apply smoothly. They just end up looking like I rubbed off some lipstick; patchy, uneven.. just bad. But I really love this Lip Perfection formula – it's dry for sure...like it doesn't 'glide' on or feel ultra moisturizing when applying it...yet it isn't dryING on my lips. Sorry if that makes no sense. But its consistency is a tad strange in that it's not like your typical lipstick. It feels conditioning on the lips, and my lips never get dried out or uncomfortable when I wear this. I bought it like 2 wks ago and have been wearing it as a stain almost every single day since. It seriously makes my skin come alive and just gives my whole entire face a brightness; it's so pretty and flattering. I paid $4.50 at Marc's (local drug/discount store here). Would have gladly paid twice that, because I love it so much. Took one lippie off for the smell, which is difficult to accurately describe but, for me anyway, is rather unpleasant and a turnoff for sure; however, it's not too strong, and it dissipates after about 10 min of wear, so it's definitely tolerable.For reference, I'm half Asian w/a light-medium complexion; strong yellow under tones; dark brown hair and eyes.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No