Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.4

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

on 6/30/2015 10:49:00 AM

This is a super sunscreen that I use every day has a very light feel on the face, never greasy or heavy. I use it alone or under make-up. A few minutes after application it doesn't feel like I have as anything on my face. Because it's so lightweight, I actually use it every single day. That's important because I live in southern California near the ocean, I have a family history of malignant melanoma, and I'm blond, blue eyed, and I have very fair skin. I don't use this when I am active outdoors. I don't think it will hold up to sweating or water sports, but for the days that I'm not doing outdoor activities, this product makes the daily as application of sunscreen so much easier and less hassle.

on 6/6/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This ones great! I tried the milky version from Biore and this one is much nicer for an oily skin, acne prone gal. I'm on the acne.org regime and this one works over the top of the benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer. You won't even notice it on your skin (unlike most sunscreens available here in Aus). The milky one also slightly stung around my eyelids but this one doesn't. So definitely my go to sunscreen.

on 5/27/2015 7:37:00 AM

This is the only sunscreen I use for face and body. It`s water-based, so it doesn`t break me out because it doesn`t clog pores and doesn`t feel heavy or greasy on my skin. The finish isn`t shiny or sticky, there is no whitish residue, and works great as a primer for foundation. On the rest of my body it works even better: I used to use Neutrogena`s Dry Touch Sunscreen, but this is WAAAAYYY better! You don`t have that nasty gooey feeling on your chest and arms at the end of the day, even after constant reapplications. Also, it did not turn my white shirts or tank tops that nasty yellow-brown that other sunscreens tend to do.

on 5/18/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Full marks from me because it feels like nothing even with the full amount needed. I hate sticky, rubbery, tacky, slick, greasy--any of those characteristics of sunscreen wear-- so this is like a miracle in a tube and on top of those accolades, it does not break out or freak out my very sensitive skin. I have normal combination skin in the summer months and this works well under makeup or by itself and has no pasty reminder or scent. And it is easy to remove at night. It was well worth the Amazon order.

on 5/7/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Have been using Elta MD's UV Clear for about 2 years, and as much as I love that particular product for its anti-redness capabilities, it makes me look like a disco ball, especially during the warmer months. Bioré's sunscreen is great for not adding any extra shine to my face, nor does it clog my pores. As far as sun protection, I haven't used this in a particularly testing environment, such as the beach. I used this while in East Africa for 2 weeks while the temperatures were 90+ every day, and didn't burn or freckle (as far as I can tell). Works well under makeup, isn't impossible to remove, and doesn't irritate my skin. For now, I'm satisfied, and will continue using this in the summertime.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update June 2015: Sadly this began causing little whiteheads around my chin/mouth so I'll finish up the bottle on my body. I also found that it made my skin even oilier as the weather became more humid. May work best for combo/slightly dry skin.

This review is for the newest PA++++ formula. I purchased it from Amazon for about $9 and free shipping.

I have oily, sensitive skin that can't tolerate sunscreens containing avobenzone. Typically I practice hardcore sun avoidance, but I recently started using a retinoid and knew I needed to get serious about using sunscreen as well. I've had some luck using physical s/s, but they just didn't offer the finish or amount of protection I wanted. This is absolutely the best sunscreen I've ever tried -- no irritation whatsoever, super easy to apply the full amount needed, and leaves no icky film behind. Also doesn't smell like sunscreen which is nice. I will say that if you are oily and looking for something that can control that or be mattifying -- this is not for you. It dries down to a natural finish and does nothing to control oil, but also doesn't make it worse for me. I'm okay with that because I'm prone to dehydration and already use products that can be a bit drying. I may try some others once this bottle runs out, but I'll likely repurchase regardless.

on 4/27/2015 11:27:00 AM

This might be good for oily skin but it's too light and therefore a bit dry for slightly dry to dry skin. It goes on very cool and watery feeling, though it's a lotion, but dries completely like you're wearing nothing. I prefer french sunscreens, which are a bit richer. Wouldn't repurchase if I'd known.

on 4/17/2015 4:25:00 PM

Unfortunately this sunscreen only gets 2 lippies from me because it isn't a very strong sunscreen (The 2 lippies that it does get is because it doesn't cause breakouts). If you tan, you will tan when using this sunscreen like you aren't wearing sunscreen at all. This means that despite its high SPF rating and okay PA rating, UVA rays (which cause tanning) are still getting through to your skin and causing sun damage. I don't burn in the sun so I don't know how well this product protects against this but just from the fact that it doesn't protect against UVA rays (which penetrate the skin deeper than UVB rays and are the major cause of skin aging and skin cancer) is enough to turn me off from this sunscreen. The purpose of using sunscreen is to protect your skin after all! I also wouldn't recommend using this sunscreen on the beach, since it doesn't seem to be sweat or water resistant at all.
People love this product because it is very light and sheer but they might as well splash water on their face instead. It would also be light, sheer, provide inadequate sun protection and be significantly cheaper. ;)

Edit: No idea why I'm getting downvoted. I really did get a significant tan while using this sunscreen liberally. This doesn't happen with my other sunscreens. What's the point of a sunscreen when you can't walk a few hours in the sun with it without getting dark? Protection from tanning is the only physical indication I can get of the effectiveness of a sunscreen and in that measurement this sunscreen sadly fails.

on 4/17/2015 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have been using this product for a few years now on and off.

What I like: Its light and not greasy at all. Easy to spread and does not leave any grey cast or any tint. Does make my oily face matted

What I don't like: It's not water proof. I sweat like crazy. And it melted along with my moisturizer, not cool at all. Will not recommend for hot and humid days.

Why I still buy it?
I like the light texture, using it on days I don't need to commute using public transport and I use it on my body on days I forgot to put on before going out.

on 4/16/2015 2:36:00 PM

Since my skin is break out prone, I have a very hard time finding a good sunscreen that doesn't leave me with acne. Since checking the ingredients out at cosdna.com and finding that this looked good, I've purchased it a few times off of amazon. It's a very light, airy sunscreen that disappears into skin without being heavy or leaving a white cast. The texture is like a gel-lotion.

However, I don't believe the SPF 50 rating, it performs more like a SPF 10 or 15 face lotion. It's water based, and *not* water resistant, so it's not suitable for beach use, or if you will be sweating due to exercise or hot weather (*not* resistant to water, sweat or sebum! ). I have made the mistake of using it under those conditions and have gotten burned, with this sunscreen melting into my eyes to boot, so be warned. Not sure if this is the case with the updated formula or not. Also, despite the ingredients looking good on cosdna, I still get a few red bumps with this. Overall, it's okay for when you need light protection.