October 2, 2014 | 1837 users online

Treatments (Face) - Bare Escentuals - Pure Transformation Night Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Lelik99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before buying this product, i would be to ashamed to show my naked acne-ridden skin to my significant other, so i would always go to sleep wearing a foundation. It would only make me break out more every time. So finally i discovered a makeup you can sleep in, plus it's supposedly would improve your skin, instead of damaging! I just had to get it. Sadly, they only have three shades to choose from, i took the lightest one, which was a tad too light for me but its okay.
After a week of using it, i must say, i actually like it! Not sure about this product living up to its claims but It definitely works well as a sheer foundation, looks natural on and doesn't cause any skin problems. Wish it was cheaper, $80 Cad is waay too steep for such a small amount of product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Phenomenal! Can pass for foundation--helps my skin repair and rejuvenate at night, and looks great! The package is actually genius. The brush helps you warm up and really buff the product into your skin. You wouldn't dab a cream treatment on your face with a fluffy brush, so because you really need to BUFF this and WARM this into your skin, the lil flat-topped kabuki in the lid is great! You can wash it once a week if your worried about it being unhygienic, or just keep a piece of wax paper cut into a circle over the sifter plastic lid, so the brush doesn't sit against anything. Use this as your last evening skincare step. Love love love this!!❤

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by fashiontastic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG this product is amazing - I very rarely wright reviews however i tried to read up on so many whilst looking into this night treatment before i purchased it xx i bought it in the uk from selfridges for 45.00 pound and i thought it was a bit steep but for good skin i will try anything once!
I am asian but light skinned and i purchased the medium shade in this -I would normally be a nc30 - 35 in mac products and nc 40 if ive been on the sunbed - the colour is very slightly light for me and for daytime would probably be too light however for night time it is perfect ( i am considering buying the tan to mix them together for when i am darker)
I have rosacea, on my cheeks, chin and nose, i have very very sentitive skin absoloutely anything and everything gives me spots, i have monthly hormonal breakouts, combination skintone, lots of red flareups etc ..... so to cut a long story short i am constantly wanting to keep my face covered!
when i discovered this i firstly wanted a foundation i could wear to bed that would not break me out as i was sick of looking like a moulding beetroot with all my redness and spots and that was when i came across this... a night treatment which will actually help my skin, and also has colour so i can cover all my blemishes without harming my skin... was this too good to be true?
Well it really is not - i am in love with it - i have been using it for nearly two weeks - my redness has calmed down, my spots are practically non excisent - my overall skin tone is loads better and looks clearer even my partner has mentioned it - i am due on in a few days and have only one spot in the middle of cheek... which would normally be atleast 3 or 4 - it is easier to apply makeup as my skin is softer with less bumps - pores have nearly vanished.. there is not enough i can say about this product
The only down fall is there could be a better colour range to suit different skin tones... and that it can make your skin slightly dry during my normal makeup during the day so you would need to use extra moisturiser.
Be gentle with this - do not put loads on, a little dab and a few circular motions go a long way - it also leaves a nice sheen on the skin, but if you put too much on it will look cakey and wrong!
People have mentioned the brush and pot itself.... well... yes it can be difficult to use however its not as bad as some people have mentioned, as you only need a tiny bit
how to use : I remove all my makeup before going to bed with facial wipes and then wash my face with soap - I then apply moisturiser and let this sink in for a few mins (but not too long so the skin is still subtle)
I then shake the whole pot, when i unscrew the brush from the pot it is full of powder (from shaking) - I then dab this all over my cheeks, chin and forhead, once in all the correct areas i then start in circular motions blending it into my skin, being carfull to close my eyes when i am using on my nose and closer areas of my face.. i then repeat this process once again and touch up areas i feel are still red - I would also like to add the brush is super smooth and does not irritate my super sensitive skin at all
my skin looks healthy and glowy for bed time!! happy times
my only advice would be do not rush, do not try to apply like a foundation remember it is a treatment, focus on the red sections on the face, when using under eyes or specific blemishes them please use fingers or a smaller brush ( as it is also a fantastic concealer)
Overall it is a great product, and if used correctly can give fantastic results -I am 31 and have been looking for something to sort my skin out for the last 2 years and this is the only product that has done this so far, i finally have a normal even skin toned face like all my friends and nobody knows its makeup but me!
Treat yourself today, and remember, it is working miracles for your skin at the same time as giving you good coverage
I will update again in a few months
thanks you :o)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by candicemarie86

This is by far one of the worst products I have ever tried. The concept seems nice - minerals that can help minimize pores and smooth and even skin AND provide some coverage for bedtime. Unfortunately, this product just doesn't live up to the hype and is something I would never recommend.
Pros:
* Provides light coverage for nighttime that can also be layered under loose minerals during the day for extra coverage.
Cons:
* Price is ridiculous at $60 for very little product.
* Product packaging is horrible. It is nearly impossible to get the minerals out of the package and onto the brush. I ended up having to use another brush from my collection so I could get the product out.
* Coverage - well, it's not supposed to provide too much since it's for nighttime, but it really takes quite a lot to get any kind of coverage.
* Those with sensitive skin should avoid this product at all costs. When I first tried this product, my face started burning within minutes. I ignored it, hoping my skin was simply reacting to the cool, dry weather where I am staying right now. The second time I used it, my face felt as if it were on fire immediately upon application. I washed it off immediately, but suffered from a serious burn for 2 days afterward. Please, please, please don't use this if you have sensitive skin. It's not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by karenlyn

I'm super lazy about leaving reviews for products, even though I read TONS of them. Shame on me. Had to leave a review for this, though, because it is TERRIFIC.

I've been using this only a week, and after YEARS of searching (and thousands of dollars, I swear) looking for something that will shrink my pores and even out my skin tone and texture, this is THE product that has done the most for me. In a week. Is my skin now perfect and my pores invisible? Nah. I've had large, easily clogged pores forever. But they're smaller, they're tighter, my skintone is brighter and healthier, and I just look younger and... better. Awesomeness.

No, I don't love the packaging. But that's such a small consideration for a product that really works for me, it's a non-issue.

I wear this (in the "light" shade) at night as a night treatment, and have also been wearing it over moisturizer and sunscreen during the day as a foundation. I like it both ways, looks fairly nice as a foundation, though I have to apply it with a sponge, not a brush. Also, my pores clog if you so much as look at them (wah!) and so far I haven't noticed more blemishes or clogged pores with this... I've noticed less. Yay.

Will continue to use this and try to come back to update in a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Amyelizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product but it didn't do much of anything for me. I got it in the light color and used it cancel out the redness I had before applying my BE foundation. It has claims that make me excited but none proved to be true in my case. I was very disappointed. The packaging is absolutely awful. It comes in a jar that looks like you're getting a lot of product BUT in reality only about 1/3 of that jar actually has product. The rest of the space is taken up by the brush that is attached to the lid. I will definitely not repurchase, it was a pretty big waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Merryone

I have found that this product did make my pores appear smaller, and surprisingly did not dry out my skin nor cause breakouts. I liked the fact that my face looked good going to bed, and even in the morning. If I am not going out of my house during the day, I would even use this as a casual foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I seriously don't get it. I have been using this for a month and my skin looks the same. It hasn't prevented breakouts. It doesn't make my skin look glowing and luminous. Nada!

I have tried it many different ways but I believe this product just doesn't work for my skin. It's unfortunate cause it's so expensive for such a small amount of product. Why do they have to put the brush in the jar? It takes up most of the product space and what's left is very little powder! BE seriously needs to lower the price because it's not worth it. What a rip off!

UPDATE: I think this product is causing my clogged pores because every time I use this, my pores seem congested. I feel this was a total waste of $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I am working on the "30-day" Jar to test it out, and I was going to wait until I finished the jar to write a review, but this product has been doing so well that I figured it would be okay to review it sooner. I did not have high hopes for this product since I generally do NOT like BE, but my skin texture has been difficult to get smooth since I get the little white bumps that are a nightmare to get rid of, and I saw some youtube vids where they specifically said it helped with the little white bumps. Aha!! Instead of splurging $60 on the regular size jar, I got the little one to try, and I got it in the clear color because the idea of putting color on my face and going to bed irked me. But after using this product, when I go get the bigger jar I will get the one with color so I can better see where I am putting the powder.
The powder has an interesting "mineral" smell, but nothing offensive. Instantly when I put it on my skin looks radiant and my pores are gone and my skin looks nice (even though there is no color in the powder). When I wake up my skin feels normal. But I have noticed over the past couple weeks that my skin has fewer and fewer little white bumps and my skin feels a lot smoother. A lot of my acne scarring redness has diminished too. I do think that this has helped with my hormonal break outs too.
The packaging is kind of annoying. I don't like the brush on the lid because the powder tends to fall off onto my chest when I am buffing it into my face. I actually use a mini kabuki to apply because I like the control and the shape better.
Long story short: I like the results even after only 2 weeks and I cant wait to buy the big jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

I love this product!!!! I used to have a million black heads on my nose and large pores on my cheeks but they6 have been steadily decreasing! Ive tried loads of products and they never work but with a few weeks of using this and a few blackhead strips in between i have a lot less and they arent as visible anymore! As others have said the brush is a wee bit awkward but not especially so. I would prefer it be a clear tub like the foundation so i could see when it was nearly empty to buy a new one. As for the pricw 40 it is a bit steep but because it works and lasts for a while it is worth it because i was going through so many different products that didnt work that im willing to pay for this. Other people have said they broke out and i did too but only for the first couple of days and then it started to really work! I think it was probably all the gunk that was in my skin was coming up so if it happens to you i would said persevere through it and see if thats the case before you give up on it!

Great for blackheads and good enough for spots and blemishes and its also good for redness as well.