September 16, 2014 | 1630 users online

Skincare - Face - rms beauty - Raw Coconut Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in two minds about this product. I have very sensitive skin and try to always go for more natural options in my skin care. Through trial and error I found out that natural doesn't always mean better for your skin. Although I'm pretty convinced from my reading and looking into these things that from the perspective of health whatever we put on our skin gets absorbed and some chemicals may cause serious issues, I'm still doubtful about the efficacy of natural skin care, especially plant oils. I have tried many plant oils such as jojoba, olive oil, grapeseed oil, pumpkin seed oil, camellia oil, castor oil, almond oil, rice bran oil, rosehip seed oil...You get the idea! Some worked to a degree, some caused dermatitis-like symptoms, some I was very allergic to. I have tried different brands of edible coconut oil on my skin before, like Viridian, Tiana, Biona, ktc and I have also tried a fractionated coconut oil. It's fair to say that I had inconsistent results. Coconut oil, whatever the brand, does not cause a severe reaction for me although if I massage my skin too hard with it, it may irritate a little. I find that in the long run it dries my skin a little. I got rms oil due to the good reviews on the net and some on MUA. Having used different brands of coconut oil, I think it is different than the health food grade coconut oil, however good quality they may be. Rms is almost deodorised, it has a slight smell besides the usual coconut smell. In terms of make up/sunscreen removal performance it is slightly better than other coconut oils and other products I have used although you have to use quite a bit of it to take off something like a zinc oxide-based sunscreen. I don't use foundation so I can not vouch for that but it is pretty good at removing my occasional heavy eye make up. It is better to follow the eye make up removal with pure rose water though as it may cause puffy eyes. The jar is leaky, the price is outrageous in my opinion and I don't think it would last as long as a cleansing balm. Travelling with it is very hard as it liquifies quickly. Having said all that I still may consider a repurchase as it performs well on some levels and usually doesn't irritate me. If you want to try it, I suggest you buy the smaller jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this for removing makeup and also for moisturizing the eye area. The formulation is very smooth, unlike some other brands you can find in the grocery store. The packaging is okay, but could be improved by making it glass and leak-proof. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This smells wonderful and feels very soothing on my skin. It also takes off makeup very well. It leaves my skin glowing beautifully but then so does oil cleansing with regular oils. However, I had the same problem as I do with oil cleansing - it made me break out. I'm not thrilled with dipping my hands into the jar either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bagmad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes a great make up remover. I live in the tropics and when it arrived, of course the tub had melted into oil but I just dip my fingers in the oil, swipe over my face, give my face a good massage to melt off the makeup and then wipe over with a warm towel several times. My face is left feeling baby soft, so clean and smooth and clear, with even waterproof and eye makeup gone in one fell swoop.

If you fear that this method of cleansing will leave your face oily and grimy still, do like I do, and do a second cleanse with a light non-foaming face cleanser/face wash. I use the Alpha H balancing cleanser or Ren evercalm cleanser for this step and I love it how my face feels afterwards.

What I especially like about the coconut cream is the lovely coconutty smell that is all natural; no synethetics, chemicals or artificial fragrance here for sure. Also, you can apply it over your eyes to remove eye makeup and it doesn't sting one bit.

Certainly, if you compare the price of this to coconut oil from the supermarket, then you will find this expensive but really, ask yourself, do you want to put cooking oil on your precious visage? It may work for some people, but I think if you used cooking oil and used the RMS coconut cream, you will see a definite difference. This product is so much more refined, so gentle and you feel nothing but goodness when you use it. There's none of that heaviness or oiliness you get from supermarket coconut oil (I have tried both). For me, that it worth paying a higher price than what I would get at the supermart. Further, I don't think this is expensive at all if you compare the price to other makeup removers of roughly the same ilk, for example, Clinique's Take the Day Off cleansing balm, or for those in the UK/Europe, Emma Hardie's. I say the performance of this is equal, if not superior, to these others.

This will always be in my cleansing arsenal, in rotation with Emma Hardie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic moisturizer for the PM. I say PM because it doesn't contain an SPF for daytime use. I suffered from severe dry winter skin and this cured the dryness around my chin and neck in ONE night!!! 5 lippies for that since I spent weeks and lots of money finding cures for the severe dryness. It smells heavenly and makes you're skin supple and soft. I wake up with moist skin every morning. I use a peasize amount around my mouth under my morning moisturizer and my skin stays fresh and no sign of flakes :) the only con is that it melted into liquid in my warm room so I keep it in the bathroom where it's cooler so it reformed itself into a soft cream. It also works so well on dry cuticles and makes my manicures last longer since they never dry up. Everyone should have a jar of this little super product. There are countless ways you can use this one the body. Good job RMS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by RedT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started out using 'regular' coconut oil from the chemist and didn't like it at all. I thought I'd give this a go as it got good reviews on cultbeauty.co.uk. The difference between this and the other coconut oil is unreal...it smells like coconut, it feels so much nicer on the skin (not greasy or oily but it does warm up immediately in your fingers and spreads very nicely over the skin). It removes makeup without any trouble and rinses clean off (unlike the coconut oil which left my face feeling clogged and a bit gross). Yes it's more expensive than coconut oil but I believe this is because it's a more refined product and you can definitely tell the difference. I get mine from cultbeauty.co.uk and it's now also available on beautybay.com with free worldwide shipping. I've been trying a few other oil products lately and keep coming back to this one, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Yes this is expensive for the amount you get. Yes you can find raw organic unrefined coconut oil cheaper. For some reason I like her version for facial use. The reasons why is it seems to not be as greasy and sinks in. (I used it as a facial and body moisturizer, too. It washes off easily if I use it as a makeup remover (works excellent for this even on waterproof). I've tried using food grade brands, too but I prefer this for cosmetic use. I have repurchased this when I can find discount codes for the beauty sites that carry RMS (Beauty Sage, Saffron Rouge, etc. btw not affiliated with any). LOVE RMS beauty!! everything I've tried I love. which is practically the whole line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by catspek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued and excited to try this, but I didn't expect to like it. After a couple months of regular use I have been pleasantly surprised - extremely so. I'm not a fan of products in tubs but RMS does everything in a glass tub for purity's sake (they explained that to me on the phone). Ignore the other reviews that say about this is the same as coconut oil from the supermarket. It's NOT. This is serious, hardcore, no joke, pure coconut, basically compressed into a waxy-cream. Like what happens to garlic when you put it through a garlic press, this is the coconut version. If you don't like the smell of coconut, you won't like this because it almost assaults you. I'm not a fan of scented things but I enjoy this, and it fades after a few minutes anyway. Plus, it's authentic, not something "resembling" coconut.
I remove makeup with it super easily, but in my experience it's best used like this: Before you get in the shower or wash your face, smear it all over your face (eyebrows, lips, everywhere). Hop in the shower or do other stuff first, like wash your hair or brush your teeth. Then it's warmed up and sunken into the skin. Now rub your skin gently, but thoroughly, for a good 10-20 seconds, either with fingers or a cotton or sponge pad, then wash this off with a basic lathering cleanser. (I still use Neutrogena original face wash after 20 yrs). Your skin will be totally clean, yet soft and perfectly balanced. For someone like me with dry skin this is HG material because it allows me to use the lathering "stripping" cleansers I love without the over-dryness they cause. Plus, for eighteen bucks this doesn't break the bank. After two months I'm about halfway through the tub. PS: I'd give it 5 lippies if it came in something other than a tub. Why not a toothpaste-like tube? It would keep out all the light and push out any air.

Update: Several months after my review I had a minor facial surgery (not cosmetic) and was instructed to use Vaseline on the wound while it healed. They sent me home with a tiny packet, and I thought I had more in my cabinet, but I didn't. I had a big bandage on my head so I didn't want to go out. I knew people the world over use oils (like olive) for scar-prevention, so I tried this, dabbing it every morning and evening, then just leaving it there. A week and a half later, half the wound is nearly invisible. No joke...invisible. Maybe he was just a great surgeon but...invisible? Only ten days later? Hard to imagine someone THAT good.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was fantastic as a make up remover for both face and eyes, but as I prefer to use jojoba oil as an eye make up remover, so I wouldn't repurchase. Also you can also use this as an body moisturiser, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough for my dry skin. However I do think it is worth trying, generally I love RMS products and they really are about as pure as you can get and still really effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by luna1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just wanted to say that one of the previous reviewers mentioned how "cold pressing" coconut oil destroys the lauric acid in the product, which is completely wrong. Cold pressing is the technique they use so that they do not destroy the unique properties that coconut oil has. I just didn't want people to get the wrong idea. So much for knowing about your coconut oils.
Also, this isn't really the best packaging to have this product in, since it is an oil and it's liable to leak out. I would decant it if I were travelling or if I lived in a hot climate.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No