July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Skincare - Face - rms beauty - Raw Coconut Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bagmad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes a great make up remover. I live in the tropics and when it arrived, of course the tub had melted into oil but I just dip my fingers in the oil, swipe over my face, give my face a good massage to melt off the makeup and then wipe over with a warm towel several times. My face is left feeling baby soft, so clean and smooth and clear, with even waterproof and eye makeup gone in one fell swoop.

If you fear that this method of cleansing will leave your face oily and grimy still, do like I do, and do a second cleanse with a light non-foaming face cleanser/face wash. I use the Alpha H balancing cleanser or Ren evercalm cleanser for this step and I love it how my face feels afterwards.

What I especially like about the coconut cream is the lovely coconutty smell that is all natural; no synethetics, chemicals or artificial fragrance here for sure. Also, you can apply it over your eyes to remove eye makeup and it doesn't sting one bit.

Certainly, if you compare the price of this to coconut oil from the supermarket, then you will find this expensive but really, ask yourself, do you want to put cooking oil on your precious visage? It may work for some people, but I think if you used cooking oil and used the RMS coconut cream, you will see a definite difference. This product is so much more refined, so gentle and you feel nothing but goodness when you use it. There's none of that heaviness or oiliness you get from supermarket coconut oil (I have tried both). For me, that it worth paying a higher price than what I would get at the supermart. Further, I don't think this is expensive at all if you compare the price to other makeup removers of roughly the same ilk, for example, Clinique's Take the Day Off cleansing balm, or for those in the UK/Europe, Emma Hardie's. I say the performance of this is equal, if not superior, to these others.

This will always be in my cleansing arsenal, in rotation with Emma Hardie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic moisturizer for the PM. I say PM because it doesn't contain an SPF for daytime use. I suffered from severe dry winter skin and this cured the dryness around my chin and neck in ONE night!!! 5 lippies for that since I spent weeks and lots of money finding cures for the severe dryness. It smells heavenly and makes you're skin supple and soft. I wake up with moist skin every morning. I use a peasize amount around my mouth under my morning moisturizer and my skin stays fresh and no sign of flakes :) the only con is that it melted into liquid in my warm room so I keep it in the bathroom where it's cooler so it reformed itself into a soft cream. It also works so well on dry cuticles and makes my manicures last longer since they never dry up. Everyone should have a jar of this little super product. There are countless ways you can use this one the body. Good job RMS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by RedT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started out using 'regular' coconut oil from the chemist and didn't like it at all. I thought I'd give this a go as it got good reviews on cultbeauty.co.uk. The difference between this and the other coconut oil is unreal...it smells like coconut, it feels so much nicer on the skin (not greasy or oily but it does warm up immediately in your fingers and spreads very nicely over the skin). It removes makeup without any trouble and rinses clean off (unlike the coconut oil which left my face feeling clogged and a bit gross). Yes it's more expensive than coconut oil but I believe this is because it's a more refined product and you can definitely tell the difference. I get mine from cultbeauty.co.uk and it's now also available on beautybay.com with free worldwide shipping. I've been trying a few other oil products lately and keep coming back to this one, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Yes this is expensive for the amount you get. Yes you can find raw organic unrefined coconut oil cheaper. For some reason I like her version for facial use. The reasons why is it seems to not be as greasy and sinks in. (I used it as a facial and body moisturizer, too. It washes off easily if I use it as a makeup remover (works excellent for this even on waterproof). I've tried using food grade brands, too but I prefer this for cosmetic use. I have repurchased this when I can find discount codes for the beauty sites that carry RMS (Beauty Sage, Saffron Rouge, etc. btw not affiliated with any). LOVE RMS beauty!! everything I've tried I love. which is practically the whole line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by catspek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued and excited to try this, but I didn't expect to like it. After a couple months of regular use I have been pleasantly surprised - extremely so. I'm not a fan of products in tubs but RMS does everything in a glass tub for purity's sake (they explained that to me on the phone). Ignore the other reviews that say about this is the same as coconut oil from the supermarket. It's NOT. This is serious, hardcore, no joke, pure coconut, basically compressed into a waxy-cream. Like what happens to garlic when you put it through a garlic press, this is the coconut version. If you don't like the smell of coconut, you won't like this because it almost assaults you. I'm not a fan of scented things but I enjoy this, and it fades after a few minutes anyway. Plus, it's authentic, not something "resembling" coconut.
I remove makeup with it super easily, but in my experience it's best used like this: Before you get in the shower or wash your face, smear it all over your face (eyebrows, lips, everywhere). Hop in the shower or do other stuff first, like wash your hair or brush your teeth. Then it's warmed up and sunken into the skin. Now rub your skin gently, but thoroughly, for a good 10-20 seconds, either with fingers or a cotton or sponge pad, then wash this off with a basic lathering cleanser. (I still use Neutrogena original face wash after 20 yrs). Your skin will be totally clean, yet soft and perfectly balanced. For someone like me with dry skin this is HG material because it allows me to use the lathering "stripping" cleansers I love without the over-dryness they cause. Plus, for eighteen bucks this doesn't break the bank. After two months I'm about halfway through the tub. PS: I'd give it 5 lippies if it came in something other than a tub. Why not a toothpaste-like tube? It would keep out all the light and push out any air.

Update: Several months after my review I had a minor facial surgery (not cosmetic) and was instructed to use Vaseline on the wound while it healed. They sent me home with a tiny packet, and I thought I had more in my cabinet, but I didn't. I had a big bandage on my head so I didn't want to go out. I knew people the world over use oils (like olive) for scar-prevention, so I tried this, dabbing it every morning and evening, then just leaving it there. A week and a half later, half the wound is nearly invisible. No joke...invisible. Maybe he was just a great surgeon but...invisible? Only ten days later? Hard to imagine someone THAT good.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was fantastic as a make up remover for both face and eyes, but as I prefer to use jojoba oil as an eye make up remover, so I wouldn't repurchase. Also you can also use this as an body moisturiser, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough for my dry skin. However I do think it is worth trying, generally I love RMS products and they really are about as pure as you can get and still really effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by luna1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just wanted to say that one of the previous reviewers mentioned how "cold pressing" coconut oil destroys the lauric acid in the product, which is completely wrong. Cold pressing is the technique they use so that they do not destroy the unique properties that coconut oil has. I just didn't want people to get the wrong idea. So much for knowing about your coconut oils.
Also, this isn't really the best packaging to have this product in, since it is an oil and it's liable to leak out. I would decant it if I were travelling or if I lived in a hot climate.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by evaurie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love RMS products, they're so pure and perfect. Since I've switched exclusively to organic and raw products, my skin has changed a lot and I decided that a good way to simplify even more my beauty routines was to stop using too much makeup. I just do only little touchups like a bit of concealer, and RMS uncover up works perfectly because blends lovely, not like a concealer, but more like a tinted moisturizer. Then a bit of blush and a tinted lip balm. Every single product from RMS works perfect for me.

But I have to agree with @rjjung, the raw coconut cream is an offense. This stuff is just organic, cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil that you can buy anywhere actually. And it is cold pressed, no special technique, if not it wouldn't liquify at room temperatue like every other coconut oil, it should remain more stable like coconut meat. They sell 2.5 oz for $18, when you can buy 32 oz for $19 at Mountain Rose Herbs. The same organic certified, cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil with an excelent quality, for an unbelievable price. Such a difference!

Oh, and by the way, it's true, cold pressing does NOT destroys the lauric acid content, what does it, is heating the oil, as well as the refining process. Both processes take away all the nutrients. Cold pressing is the process used to make oils more pure, rich and full of nutrients.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by odette65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I happen to know a little about coconut oil and what RMS Beauty is claiming is 100% true It is superior over store bought coconut oil. For one thing the coconut oil in stores is exactly what the other reviewer said..."cold pressed". Cold pressing destroys the LAURIC ACID content in the oil. Lauric acid is anti fungal, antibacterial and anti microbial and besides coconut oil it is also found in breast milk.... lauric acid heals. Lauric acid is destroyed by cold pressing and the cheaper processing techniques and cheaper quality of coconuts used all make it lesser quality..... therefore cheaper. RMS coconuts are done with a special technique in order not to destroy the lauric acid content. Makes sense that reviews are saying the products heal the skin. RMS Beauty's complete line is based on this quality of coconut oil. PS It takes off water proof mascara for real.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by astiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does what it says, although I do agree with the comment below that it can be unnecessary for some people to buy from RMS beauty. For me though, it actually gives me a peace of mind that they made this product, I find it hard anyways to find organic coconut cream in melbourne to wash my face with.. at least now that RMS beauty has it with the free shipping it's really good! Although I cannot review on how successful it is in washing off waterproof mascara or smth since I don't really wear heavy make up, I find it really mousturizing and it smells so good... well smells like coconut. Just to be sure, I wash my face with a proper cleanser afterwards. I also found out that it could be used as a deodorant, which I started using! It's really great after waxing my underarms since they tend to get really dry. It removes odours and counteracts heavy sweating too. It's all good for me, would buy it again!

Only gave it a 4 because I know there are cheaper alternatives to this coconut cream, but I still yet need to find the convenience to get those cheaper and trust-worthy ones.

Update: Wow! I changed this to a 5 lippies just because I find my normal night cream too heavy for me (and hence my congested skin :() So I used this coconut cream instead until my new cream comes! and it works like magic, it hydrates your skin like it needs, and it actually reduces the size of my pimples that I previously thought was impossible... wow.