October 24, 2014 | 1813 users online

Polishes - Avon - Avon Speed Dry Nail Enamel (various colors)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by laamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to write more of a general review, since I have the following colours of this nail polish:
Ballerina: a sheer, everyday pink (for when you just need something nice and nothing fussy on your nails)
Modern Mauve: a greyish mauve with purple shimmer
Sprightly Mint: a very light mint color (it has become my favourite on the hands for summer)
Sateen: a beautiful bronze, but with a pearly finish (great for more formal occasions during autumn)

All of these dry fast, and with the exception of Sprightly Mint, are fully opaque in two coats. Because of the formulation, I used to find it difficult to use with very thin and even coat, but I got the hang of it after a few tries. The brush is just the perfect size and is easy to work with.

The only problem I have is the chipping. If I wear these without a topcoat, they start chipping by the second or third day. With a topcoat (I use Essence Quick Dry), they last maybe an extra day.

If you can get them on sale, which is pretty often at Avon, they are really affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I am reviewing the shade 'Vamp it up' in the new speedry+ line. The formula and shade are fab - this is the perfect blackened vampy bloody black cherry jelly finish type shade while remaining perfectly neutral and wearable with everything. Application was quite easy and almost fully opaque in one thick coat without having to do a second coat. The drying time was longer because of this but no different to say Sally Hansen or Revlon's fast drying enamels. Highly recommend if you are looking for the classic neutral vampy shade from the 90s and everything else is too brown, too purple or too red.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by makinibrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being an Avon rep myself, I have to be honest this is right down the middle. It does stay according to what kind of day I am having. If I'm having some tough days, more writing or typing then I will have a lot or chipping.If having a cool day/s will stay a day longer. But for a quick application, this is definitely the product to buy

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Samanthaiam

I own Ballerina, a French pink sheer creme and strawberry, a raspberry creme color. Strawberry is opaque in one coat! But it dries so fast you must work very quickly or it will streak and look terrible. One coat of top coat because after all, this is a quick dry polish, not made for longevity. It lasts perhaps a day but I only use it when I'm in a rush and need something very quick, for that purpose it's perfect. Ballerina however, a single coat looks clear on my nails, and applying a second coat takes away from the speed dry quality, and it does not dry nearly as fast as strawberry. I use it once in a while for work, about 3 coats to show some color, but it takes a while to dry. I won't buy ballerina again, but strawberry has been good and since they have new colors I may give the darker ones a try. To me, a quick dry polish is not intended for long wear use, I don't look for that when I buy a quick dry, I look for a good one coat fast drying color when I'm in a hurry for an event. Otherwise, I just use a regular polish that lasts longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MissGloomy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I so wanted to love this product because it comes in so many beautiful shades! Unfortunately, it chipped horribly after only one day and although I work with my hands a lot (unpacking/hanging clothing), I've tried many other products that don't chip for at least a few days. So disappointed - won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of this line of polishes. Brown Pearl is an HG nail colour for me. The colour goes on smoothly and wears surprisingly long over a decent base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tlanterman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think that if you have a difficult time with this, you're just doing it wrong. I have a pink-magenta color from Speed Dry+ and the formula is so perfect. Only one coat is needed and because the brush is thinner, and not a fan shape like Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, application is more controlled. I love this nail polish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by fiberartist219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Crystal Calm. I wasn't sure if it was frosty or not based on the picture, but I should have guessed by the name. It's very frosty.

Anyway, the polish is great. It dries fast and goes on smooth. I wish it came in more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Flawless nails. Just tried Mambo Melon, and the color is gorgeous. A bright coral/orange/red that rivals the prettiest of OPI's corals. While the bottle shows some shimmer, thankfully the color does not go on shimmery. It's a vivid, creamy, glossy color with a hint of pearlescence that adds a beautiful sheen. While I was worried about the streaky/uneven application with the first coat, it all evened out nicely, and my pedicure is perfect. The polish appears to settle and start drying very quickly, so speed is important. The bottle is perfectly shaped, the brush is spot-on in width, and I had a glam pedicure in about 6 minutes. Base coat, two coats of polish, and Seche Vite top coat. I will definitely be trying more of these colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dries fairly quick, nice colors, I usually do 2 coats to give it nice coverage, I have the colors fusion, electric purple, and mambo melon. I would like to see them bring out some new colors in this line.