November 25, 2014 | 1822 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by victoriapage

This mascara used to be my go-to about 2 years ago, but recently when I purchased it again it was completely different (must have changed formula) and it was a complete disappointment. Now the mascara clumps and is not visible unless 3+ coats are applied. The wand is MASSIVE and it is very difficult to apply without getting product on the eyelid. The product lasts until it is removed, and it is very difficult to get off. Would not recommend, and wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by utopiachild71

I am very low maintenance when it comes to mascara. I can make just about anything work for my lashes. I've never disliked a mascara enough to throw it away until this one came along.

The mascara wand is big, which wouldn't be a problem if the bristles actually got in between my lashes and could separate them. When I apply this I feel like I'm simply wiping them underneath my lashes so it does nothing to curl, define or lengthen because it just doesn't grip anything. I have long, mildly thick lashes. I've never had a mascara that couldn't at least grip them somewhat. I also am unable to apply this without making a clumpy spidery mess of my lashes.

Very overpriced to top it off. It claims to help your lashes and that just cannot be possible. The formula is atrocious. I feel like it's as thick as Elmers glue. Since it is so thick my lashes felt heavy and crusty all day. Gross. Then for the cherry on top it's a pain in the butt to remove in the evening..

Well.. at least the packaging is cute :/

Revlon... No.... Just no.... Try again...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Mis-leading name. There's nothing about the application or the numerous coats I've applied that have plumped anything nor nothing about the way in which my eye-lashes feel that are nourished. Although, I ll give it this -- It's given me length, a nice rich glossy jet black (bought in Blackest Black) finish...I haven't worn it weeks in a row to see if it grows my lashes & simply won't b/c I've so many others as I'm a mascara junkie galore lol. It's a great day-time / work mascara. I bought it on sale for $10.16, but TBH, my CG Lash Blast & Mega Plush Maybelline are cheaper & I like them more.

UPDATE: 7/29/14 -- Well I RE-purchased as I canNOT resist a sale...it was $10.16 (again). I tried different ways of application & find that if I go behind the lashes & coat / apply there, (just not the typical front coating) I get a LOT more volume. Kind of go behind the lashes & twirl the wand. That helped w/ both thickness & maintaining a curl :) Revlon should've named it something else tho, the plumping really just does NOT, length may.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

WORST. MASCARA. EVER.

The wand is ridiculously big. You have to be extra extra extra careful in order to not make a huge mess whille applying this. Not only that, you need a zillion coats of this, otherwise you won't notice any difference. On the other hand, a zillion coats will make your lashes look like spider legs. Such a dilemma.

To top it off, this mascara flakes like crazy. I use contact lenses and my eyes get really irritated.

That being said, I really don't know why I'm still using this (between you and me, I'm too cheap and would hate to admit to myself this was a waste of money).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does give me good volume and length, without clumping, however I've noticed that it doesn't really help my lashes grow stronger and longer, in fact I've found that ever since I started using this, my lashes have been falling out more
often. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by asianspice

Gotta say I'm surprised by how negative the reviews are for this mascara! The brush is big, although I've never had an issue with the application of this product, just means the brush is coated nicely! Just one coat leaves my lashes long and thick, if I try to apply 2 coats there is the risk of clumpy spider lashes. I've been using it for just over 4 weeks now and my lashes are definitely in better condition, I'll even go as far as saying they've grown too.
Price wise I feel 11 is excessive for this mascara, however Boots were doing a 2 for 10 offer on Revlon products so this didn't work out expensive at all.
I wouldn't repurchase simply because I love to try out new products all the time and there are better mascaras for definition and length, which is really what I'm after as opposed to volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'll start by saying this, the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping and original can and more than likely WILL give you clumpy spider lashes, the formula is very wet and sticky (it does dry out as it ages but still has the clumpy spider lash effect) The reason I'm giving it 4 is because what I use it for it's the best I've tried. I like doing BIG lashes (I mean BIG) I use big falsies and I want my bottom lashes to match without having to wear false bottom lashes. This mascara does amazing with that, I've already repurchased. Another great thing is it comes off easily it's not a battle like some others I've tried. Mascaras never tend to smudge on me so I can't say on that one. As for the "growing" part... I haven't noticed a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I bought this because I really liked the original Grow Luscious and hoped this would be a more voluminous version of the original. I was very disappointed. I found the brush to be too large to cover my smaller lashes without making a mess. At least the original had a slimmer tip to reach those baby lashes. The formula was also drier than average which equals clumps and a drying time so fast it causes even more clumping between coats. I did, however find it satisfactory in the volume department and used it over my Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara to add a little extra oomph. Overall, I much prefer the original Grow Luscious and would reccomend that instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really did not enjoy this mascara. I was looking forward to using it and kept it in my backups drawer until I used up an old mascara, and when I finally opened it, it wasn't what I expected. The brush is big, which I like but it still doesn't seem to reach all my lashes. My lashes are blonde, so the tiniest lash that gets missed sticks out among all the mascara coated lashes.

I think I got it at Target for around $6, which isn't bad, and I don't know if the "grow" effect claims to actually grow better lashes or make your lashes appear longer and bigger with just the product on, but either claim wasn't true. I saw no difference, and if anything, this was a mascara I would save if I wanted natural lashes. But I don't want natural lashes, I want huge, voluminous, long lashes and this mascara didn't give that to me. It'll get some love as I'll pass it over to my mom, who isn't picky about mascara, but for any makeup junkies and mascara lovers, pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Chelchau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good, did not make lashes grow though. Brush is very big and not good for coating outer lashes