August 2, 2014 | 1635 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nip+Fab - Frown Fix

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Gizzyxx

Due to the fact there was such hype around this I thought I would give it a try. This year laughter lines have developed around my eyes and 3 frown lines have sprung up on my forehead. They are not too bad but I do notice them and thought this might be great!…..

This is some information from the website:

“Wrinkles and expression lines will be no more with this revolutionary instant line filler! The concentrated formula plumps + smoothes the appearance of expression lines, fine lines + wrinkles; hydrating + moisturising skin to leave your face smooth + instantly younger. Conveniently sized to fit into even the smallest of handbags, make sure you always have Frown Fix with you for your plumping fix on-the-go!

We’re picking Frown Fix to be the next cult Nip+Fab product, rivalling even Tummy Fix, so make sure you stock up immediately!

amino acids smooth + minimise the look of expression lines
purslane extract hydrates + diminishes the appearance of wrinkles
centella extract fine lines appear visibly reduced”

Its designed to be used before your moisturiser and it can be used both morning and night although you dont have to use it twice a day. I wanted to get maximum results I jumped head first and started applying twice per day – morning and evening. I think its dumb to say that due to its small size you can throw it in your bag and use it on the go…who would actually sit on the bus or tube and pull this out and apply all over thier wrinkles/lines??! I mean come on….there is no disputing the packaging is small and slim though!

The packaging is like a pen with a brush at one end, which the product comes out of and so you use the brush to apply to your face. Its not very wide, when you first use it you have to twist it so many times from the bottom. This is kind of annoying and I was beginning to give up and thought I had a dud one, when the product came out of the top. After the first use it doesnt do that anymore, you just twist it and it comes out. Its very sanitary packaging but its annoying that its not clear so you have no idea how much is left! It absorbs quickly and it is very lightweight.

Results: Well you may as well say what results? I used this continously for about 1 month and I saw NO difference what so ever to my laughter lines or my frown lines. Nothing, not one little bit of change. I would study my face closely for changes but alas, nothing!? I hope this works for some, but for me it did a big fat zero! I am so dissappointed as I had really high hopes for it!!Nice packaging, hygenic but you can’t tell how much is left in the tube.

At first I thought the price was not too bad, especially since it had so much good press about it actually working, but then when I have considered that its only 4ml and for me if did nothing, I am not too sure its such a good deal in the end?! Even had I got the results I wanted, I would have to re-purchase all the time, the tube ran out on me about 27 days into using it. Although I was using it twice a day I was only applying a small amount to my “problem areas” – if I was older and needed more help with wrinkles I would be buying this all the time, ending up to be really expensive.

Although i have nothing to compare this product too, its the first time I have used anything like this, it am not impressed and i will not be repurchasing.

If you want to give it a try, my advice is get it from Boots and not thier own website. At least you will get some points if you buy it Boots!

Here is a link to the website of the company:

I hope this helped!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cassandrajoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from the UK after hearing the hype that it was actually decreasing lines as well as covering them.

I liked it as a line filler, but it causes the skin to peel, which is how some users found that their lines were smaller. If someone had very fine lines, they might be less noticeable after the peeling process. Since I've had lines in my forehead since I was a teenager and that was long ago, I didn't see a difference after the peel. I'll probably use it occasionally before makeup, but the peel isn't enough to make a visible difference in my more 'mature' lines. I can't use it more often without just getting very dry skin.

I don't like the brush applicator as it's not possible to remove and clean it.

It is probably worth trying if you have very faint lines that aren't really noticeable to anyone but you. If your lines are deeper, it's probably not going to make them less so.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Jammyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to the Nip+Fab website to buy this product as it is always sold out!
After trying this product a couple of times I am completely disappointed. I'm not sure what I expected for £10!!
I do not think this product works, I wish it did as I'm always frowning!
Would not recommended this product. Save your money - the Nip+Fab Dry leg fix is brilliant though (ordered at the same time - maybe you should try this :o) x

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First things first, it's only 4ml which is a tiny amount of product and it's in one of those twist up with a brush applicators (kinda like e.l.f's lipglosses). I've therefore rated the price as terribly expensive at £10.25 per 4ml.

However, it really does seem to work. They also produce another product that flew off the shelves a few years ago which was Tummy Fix for post-baby tum toning up.

I used it for a few days and it seemed to bring me out in the flakes as though I'd used aha or retin-a so I almost stopped using it. Had a good couple of scrubs and deep moisturises and now the flakes have gone and I have, wait for it, LESS FROWN LINES.

They're definitely less, I'm not imagining it, they really are reduced so that makes it a winning product in my book. Would love to hear how others are getting on with it as I've had to add this as a new product. Give it at least a week though.

UPDATE - Nov 2011 - Ran out of this one very quickly and have started to use some retinaldehyde products from Avene instead which worked out soooo much cheaper ml for ml and so far aren't making my skin peel. This one's just too expensive and I'm not keen at all on the deceiving packaging. Have therefore downgraded my overall rating to a 3 - too expensive to be a long-term use product.