September 15, 2014 | 968 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Stretch Mark Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this religiously for such a long time and I did not see the slightest improvement in my stretch marks. I was extremely disappointed. I really can't think of a single good thing about this product. It has very unappealing scent as well. I would never recommend this product to anyone. All it is is a bottle of lies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

This product is the ONLY one that I have EVER used that has caused a horrible allergic reaction...I'm talking about a blistered rash. I'm not sure what is in it that caused the reaction, but I will stay MILES away from this product. I'd definitely recommend trying it on a small area first, before you rub it all over your belly.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Palmer's throughout my entire pregnancy starting when I was 2 months along. I slathered this stuff on morning and night like my life depended on it, along with the lotion and the oil. However, when I was 7 or 8 months along my entire belly erupted in huge, angry, red stretch marks and looked like a friggin road map. Since having my daughter they faded but I still have the wrinkly indentations in my skin 11 months later. Not a total waste of money though, because this stuff is cheap and smells good, just don't believe that it will actually keep you from getting stretch marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lexxers

I bought this lotion at Target for only around six dollars. After four uses I could already see a big difference and now I've been using it about two weeks and the stretch marks are almost gone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I bought this on sale (50% off) at the local Walgreens when I was 8 weeks pregnant.

Lets start with the smell. It says "light fragrance" - WRONG. It's strong and perfumey and floral/coco-y. I don't like it at all.

Next is it's actual ability to do what it says. ERR ERR! - Wrong again! I used this on my belly, rear end, thighs and breasts and STILL developed stretch marks on my breasts. I'm 14 weeks pregnant now, and if they're here now, they're going to be really bad in a few more months.

Also, it did something funky to my chest and clogged my pores. I've already been battling hormone induced acne everywhere, I did not need this to add to the mix.

The only reason this gets a "2" is because it works well to moisurize your feet. The end.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being a stretch mark cream, its not working for me, I believe everyone has a different story with stretch marks during and after their pregnancy. But I do love this product to be a normal body cream cuz it's very creamy and smells good, it also stays on quite well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used 2 tubes of this seeing no difference in the appearance of my stretch marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by evemarie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this twice a day throughout both of my pregnancies and I have no stretchmarks. During the last month of my second pregnancy I was hospitalised for a few days after getting an electric shock (long story!) and when one of the nurses noticed my stretch mark free bump she called others over to have a look. They told me it was very unusual to see someone in the last trimester of pregnancy with no stretchmarks and I told them it must be because of the Palmers stretchmark cream. They said that no cream could prevent stretchmarks and some people just have more resilient skin. While I kind of agree with them in theory the fact of the matter is that I have a few stretchmarks on my hips from gaining a couple of stone over a short period during my early twenties so obviously my skin is prone to stretchmarks! Based on that evidence I would highly recommend this cream for preventing stretchmarks and even if you are sceptical you have nothing to lose by trying it because it is a lovely product that smells divine - even now the smell of cocoa butter reminds me of being pregnant and happy and excited about the future! Good luck!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my first pregnancy, I was desperate to avoid getting stretch marks, so I searched high and low to find the miracle cream/lotion that would help me fight the battle. I found this, used it religiously - day and night, and made sure to keep my weight gain reasonable. Well, it wasn't meant to be. I got the darned stretch marks (but I've learned it's hereditary, so I won't cry too hard...), and this cream did nothing for me. On the plus side, it was very soothing, had a great thick and spreadable texture, smelled like cocoa butter and was a good moisturizer. But, as far as its claim: "helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks"? I used it after I gave birth, and it didn't reduce the appearance of anything! So: if you need something that will help you 'feel' like you're fighting getting stretch marks, get it. It's not a total waste of money since it at least moisturizes and soothes. Just don't expect miracles. Sorry, ladies! :-(