April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Deodorants - Mitchum Power Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many antiperspirants including Sure, Lady Speed Stick, Dove that haven't been so great. I've also tried the Clinical types which do work but they give me an itchy rash. This was basically free using coupons so it was a no brainer to give it a try. I don't sweat a whole lot unless I'm working out. I live in the tropics where it's usually in the upper 70's -80's. I just came back from a weight/aerobic workout (no a/c either) and all I can say is WOW! No dampness at all! And no itching either! This is my new go to antiperspirant!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I bought this on a whim and chose the powder fresh scent. This is definitely one I have to apply at night after I take a shower so that it can work its magic and another swipe in the morning for extra reassurance. It keeps me dry and B.O. free since I'm constantly on my feet all day. The only thing that I can complain about is that it takes a while to dry, but it's no biggie for me. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause any rashes. I still prefer Old Spice for my deodorant needs because they have better scents and I can apply it in the morning and not worry about it. However, this is nice for a change and it keeps me dry longer than the Old Spice, especially during warmer temps. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Kyunghei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite antiperspirant, and it has been for years. When I use the proper technique, I won't sweat even if I forget a day! First of all, I've found that proper exfoliation and cleaning is necessary in order to prevent sweating and smelling. I prefer to use one of those cleansing shower oils and a nylon exfoliating cloth, followed by shaving. Then I don't apply it until my armpits are completely dry. It doesn't seem to work as well if my armpits are damp. I usually use a blowdryer and dry my armpits before my hair. Then I apply it liberally. I don't get dressed until it's completely dried. This is partially to prevent getting any on my clothes, but it also seems to work best when the gel dries before I start to sweat, so I use a blowdryer on low to finish that up. Last I take a tissue and wipe away any powdery excess. This keeps it off my clothes. Then I'm dry all day and sometimes I'm still dry the next day, too. It's wonderful. Every once in a while I try another antiperspirant, but that always reminds me of how great this one is. Bonus, it's unscented, so I don't have to worry about phthalates, or attracting mosquitoes when I'm outside, or the scent interfering with any perfumes I choose to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by xosoxo

I LOVE this! I cannot express the relief I feel when I think of what this has done for me. When I sweat, which is often, I start to smell in my underarm. I have tried so many products and so far this is my go to, my main. The scent is tolerable. But overall, I'm pretty content with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I've been using Mitchum my entire life and it's literally the only deodorant I can use. Years before gels came out, I used the roll on, and that was great. But since the Power Gel formula came out that's all I've used since I can remember. I've tried prescription strength brands like Secret and Dove and I don't know what all, but halfway through the day I stink! I always go back to this because it's the only thing that holds up to my schweaty pits.

I usually get the Flower Fresh scent, which is nice but not overpowering. I never even get a whiff of them unless I lift my arms. I usually get whatever scent is on sale, but Flower Fresh is my default.

Another thing that is extraordinary about this: you can find LOTS of coupons for it online and in the newspapers. Then on top of that, it's usually on sale, and/or CVS or Walgreens will give you a cashback coupon when you buy it. I've literally gotten 2 years worth of Mitchum for almost nothing this way. I'd pay through the nose for this anyway, but it's always awesome to save a few bucks to spend on, say, Color Tattoos. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only deodorant that works all day for me! It goes on really wet but dries quickly. I use the Powder Fresh scent but can really only smell it when I first put it on. My husband now uses the mens version because I raved about this so much. He likes it as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This anti-perspirant lasted about 2 months. It does feel a bit sticky after applied, but it did not bother me. I bought it in the Shower Fresh scent, which did seem overpowering for me because I prefer fragrance free deodorants. Next time I will buy it in the unscented version (which I have found at Walgreens). I have not gotten on my clothes, but then I am careful when I put on my shirts after I apply deodorant. Lastly, I find that it did prevent odor all day, but I could smell the shower scent at times. In summary, I would purchase again, but in the Unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

Ok, let me first say that no deodorant ever works for me anymore. Nothing can combat my armpit odor. NOTHING. I even tried the clinical strength versions--didn't work. There was still a hint of armpit odor. So I saw this has 25% of the active ingredient, whereas others only have 18-19%. I have worn it for about 5 days and wow, no odor! Throughout the day it was a little sticky but it stopped being sticky completely already. I am amazed that my armpits don't have any hint of B.O. I will update if my opinion changes for some reason, but for now, I freakin love this deodorant and believe me, I have tried all OTC deodorants (they failed.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get the hate on this Deodorant! This has been my savior!! I have noticed, in my adult years (I'm 35), that not many deodorants work on me anymore. What used to work for me to control odor and wetness no longer do me any good! It's been SO frustrating!

Since I have found Mitchum, overall, this brand has been the BEST. Who woulda thought it? I've tried them all, and Secret (surprisingly, with all the commercialism and hype) has been the most worthless.... The Mitchum Power Gel is BULLETPROOF for me. Yeah, it's a clear gel formula, so it will feel "sticky" and "wet" when you first apply. That's normal for a gel... But you have to apply it right, which isn't that difficult.

You apply to dry underarms, and you stand with your arms up in the air for a few minutes-- even better, stand under the ceiling fan for a minute. This will "set" the gel and it will no longer feel wet. You won't feel it at all, actually. And you will stay dry and odor-free well into the next day, which NO deodorant has ever done for me, EVER! Plus the gel never leaves any marks, and like one reviewer said below, leaves NO residue. So get some if you're having trouble finding something that keeps you dry and odor-free more than just a few hours, and remember to apply it in the correct way!

*IMPORTANT UPDATE* OK- I read the bad reviews on this deodorant, and I'm wondering which scent they were using, because I was always using the "Flower Fresh" scent, and always loved it, but the other day, I accidentally picked up "Powder Fresh" scent, and it was sticky and gooey and wet as hell. Just like some of the negative reviewers had described. I can't imagine why the formula might vary between different scents, but this MIGHT be the problem. TRY FLOWER FRESH! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is horrible stuff! Made my pits sticky like I had put honey under them. I had just applied it and was doing my hair. I wasn't dressed yet & everytime I lifted my arms to mess with my hair I kept thinking what is that sticky feeling?? Well then I realized it was this deodorant!! I had to wash it off immediately. I cant stand the feeling of anything sticky on my skin. I have never had any gel deodorant be sticky like this. I will not be purchasing again.