November 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Deodorants - Mitchum Power Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by xchocobanditx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, here's my pit story - uncomfortably sweaty and can be kinda stinky, and my underarm skin is oddly sensitive. I easily develop armpit cysts from using deodorants with certain ingredients, and not even those "hypoallergenic" or "organic" brands do me good.

Having said that, I can say I have already tried heaps of products on the market. I have tried Rexona, Secret, Arm and Hammer, even Jason - and came to the conclusion that invisible solids don't work for me. The only thing that did at that time was Milcu Sports Deodorant Powder which I love - but unfortunately it won't be enough protection for activities that would involve water, since it is not waterproof.

Now, I know for a fact that aluminum sesquichlorohydrate is an active ingredient that works for me, because I tried an old Mitchum roll-on deodorant before and it was lovely - no odor, no itching, no dark pits, no cysts at all... Until they changed formulation and now I am allergic to it. :(

So I went to this specialty store and found Mitchum Power Gel Unscented. I bought it for about PhP280 (US$7) - a bit pricey for a deodorant but I thought it was worth a shot.

Glad to say that I think i found my HG deodorant!!

I use my fingers to apply the right amount of gel after showering and drying my pits properly, and let it dry as I put on my lotion. My hometown is incredibly humid, so the product is definitely put to the test. After a full day of walking under the hot sun and carrying heavy shopping bags, I still smell perfectly pleasant. There is a bit of moisture but nothing bothersome. The product also does not transfer to clothes as long as the product is let dry before putting on any tops.

Another discovery I had while using this is that even though I use the unscented variant (and I don't really use perfumes in general), I can really smell a hint of a powdery scent on my pits. Maybe that's just a chemical reaction or whatever, but it is definitely nice to have.

The packaging takes a bit of getting used to and a lot of care in turning the knob underneath as it dispenses a good bit of product if you are not careful. I also don't recommend applying the gel directly through the container as it can get messy. Fingers are always better.

Here's my advice if you want to try this out - for best results, make sure that your pits are clean, nicely scrubbed and dry before using this product. It may sound like a lot of work but really - isn't that what you should really do to your armpits before putting on any deodorant? :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? NO WAY ! In order for this to do its job, you would need to apply it every hour. Trust me when I tell you it will completely wear off in one hour and you will start to stink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried many antiperspirants including Sure, Lady Speed Stick, Dove that haven't been so great. I've also tried the Clinical types which do work but they give me an itchy rash. This was basically free using coupons so it was a no brainer to give it a try. Since it's a gel it does take a few minutes for it to dry after application and it does leave some white residue on clothing. I don't sweat a whole lot unless I'm working out. I live in the tropics where it's usually in the upper 70's -80's. I just came back from a weight/aerobic workout (no a/c either) and all I can say is WOW! No dampness at all! And no itching either! This is my new go to antiperspirant!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim and chose the powder fresh scent. This is definitely one I have to apply at night after I take a shower so that it can work its magic and another swipe in the morning for extra reassurance. It keeps me dry and B.O. free since I'm constantly on my feet all day. The only thing that I can complain about is that it takes a while to dry, but it's no biggie for me. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause any rashes. I still prefer Old Spice for my deodorant needs because they have better scents and I can apply it in the morning and not worry about it. However, this is nice for a change and it keeps me dry longer than the Old Spice, especially during warmer temps. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Kyunghei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite antiperspirant, and it has been for years. When I use the proper technique, I won't sweat even if I forget a day! First of all, I've found that proper exfoliation and cleaning is necessary in order to prevent sweating and smelling. I prefer to use one of those cleansing shower oils and a nylon exfoliating cloth, followed by shaving. Then I don't apply it until my armpits are completely dry. It doesn't seem to work as well if my armpits are damp. I usually use a blowdryer and dry my armpits before my hair. Then I apply it liberally. I don't get dressed until it's completely dried. This is partially to prevent getting any on my clothes, but it also seems to work best when the gel dries before I start to sweat, so I use a blowdryer on low to finish that up. Last I take a tissue and wipe away any powdery excess. This keeps it off my clothes. Then I'm dry all day and sometimes I'm still dry the next day, too. It's wonderful. Every once in a while I try another antiperspirant, but that always reminds me of how great this one is. Bonus, it's unscented, so I don't have to worry about phthalates, or attracting mosquitoes when I'm outside, or the scent interfering with any perfumes I choose to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by xosoxo

I LOVE this! I cannot express the relief I feel when I think of what this has done for me. When I sweat, which is often, I start to smell in my underarm. I have tried so many products and so far this is my go to, my main. The scent is tolerable. But overall, I'm pretty content with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I've been using Mitchum my entire life and it's literally the only deodorant I can use. Years before gels came out, I used the roll on, and that was great. But since the Power Gel formula came out that's all I've used since I can remember. I've tried prescription strength brands like Secret and Dove and I don't know what all, but halfway through the day I stink! I always go back to this because it's the only thing that holds up to my schweaty pits.

I usually get the Flower Fresh scent, which is nice but not overpowering. I never even get a whiff of them unless I lift my arms. I usually get whatever scent is on sale, but Flower Fresh is my default.

Another thing that is extraordinary about this: you can find LOTS of coupons for it online and in the newspapers. Then on top of that, it's usually on sale, and/or CVS or Walgreens will give you a cashback coupon when you buy it. I've literally gotten 2 years worth of Mitchum for almost nothing this way. I'd pay through the nose for this anyway, but it's always awesome to save a few bucks to spend on, say, Color Tattoos. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only deodorant that works all day for me! It goes on really wet but dries quickly. I use the Powder Fresh scent but can really only smell it when I first put it on. My husband now uses the mens version because I raved about this so much. He likes it as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This anti-perspirant lasted about 2 months. It does feel a bit sticky after applied, but it did not bother me. I bought it in the Shower Fresh scent, which did seem overpowering for me because I prefer fragrance free deodorants. Next time I will buy it in the unscented version (which I have found at Walgreens). I have not gotten on my clothes, but then I am careful when I put on my shirts after I apply deodorant. Lastly, I find that it did prevent odor all day, but I could smell the shower scent at times. In summary, I would purchase again, but in the Unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

Ok, let me first say that no deodorant ever works for me anymore. Nothing can combat my armpit odor. NOTHING. I even tried the clinical strength versions--didn't work. There was still a hint of armpit odor. So I saw this has 25% of the active ingredient, whereas others only have 18-19%. I have worn it for about 5 days and wow, no odor! Throughout the day it was a little sticky but it stopped being sticky completely already. I am amazed that my armpits don't have any hint of B.O. I will update if my opinion changes for some reason, but for now, I freakin love this deodorant and believe me, I have tried all OTC deodorants (they failed.)