Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6

on 4/6/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hmm, I feel this serum is just average. It doesn't do anything for my skin and its smell is bordering on offensive. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I recently chose a deluxe sized sample of this serum for my 100 point beauty inside reward from Sephora. In the past, I have typically become irritated and/or broken out from most of the vitamin C serums I tried, however, I spend a lot of time outside in the sun so my skin can definitely benefit from the benefits of a topical vitamin C serum. I decided to try this out because of the popularity and great reviews.

I have used this for a few weeks now, and I have not become irritated or broken out. It feels very gentle and doesn't sting when I apply it. Overall, my skin looks healthier, clearer, brighter and more radiant. It is not greasy, sticky or heavy. The scent is kind of like an almost artificial, sickeningly sweet orange syrup, but it doesn't bother me very much and it doesn't linger. I will continue using this to maintain the "glow" it gives my skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this as a 100 point sample from sephora (honestly, all my high end skincare products are samples) and I really love the smell and it sinks in quickly. :D My skin is sensitive to fragrance but this is absolutely fine, actually it seems to be making my skin better. I'm still debating on whether or not to buy the full size.

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

It seems like most products with Vitamin C as a main ingredient makes my skin itch here and there upon initial use. It is an ingredient I really want to include in my skincare regimen for brighter skin, so I just deal with it. As long as it doesnít ruin it, like cause acne or marks, or continue for more than a few days.

This product was part of a gift set I got on sale after the holidays from JCPenneyís Sephora. The booster has a citrus scent, but itís not as strong as some other Vitamin C products do. Itís a great wake-me-up in the mornings (which is the only time I use this product). One pump is only enough for both cheeks and a little bit on my forehead, two pumps for entire face. Itís has almost an oil-like consistency, but not sticky and Iíve never had any issues with my face feeling oily after using this product. It absorbs into the skin fairly quickly & adds a little additional moisturize to my skin.

This review might seem pretty short & perhaps useless, but Iím trying to keep track of things Iíve tested and worth re-purchasing or not. I most likely wonít be repurchasing this after I finish the bottle. It was one of those products that I didnít have an ďa-ha!Ē moment with after a few uses. Perhaps an edited review may happen if I stop using it and notice my skin isnít as supple or bright, but right now, itís just OK. For $48 regular price at Sephora, there might be something better out there.

on 2/19/2015 6:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this serum. It doesn't leave my skin greasy at all, which is a marvel in it's own right. The citrus scent is a little on the strong side, but I actually find it quite pleasant in the morning. After less than a week of using this along with the Sheer Transformation moisturizer and Invigorating Night Treatment I definitely noticed a difference in my skin.

While it's a little on the pricey side, I do believe it's worth it. Plus the "Three Little Wonders" sets that include the moisturizer and night treatment are a great value.

on 2/15/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Made me break out so bad.
Even on my neck where I brought the product down to.

on 2/9/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this product as part of the "3 Little Wonders" set. For my oily skin, the serum gave me just enough moisture to get me through the day. I noticed some reviewers didn't like the smell, but I thought the citrus scent was nice and not too overwhelming. The packaging was great, and it made it very easy to apply the serum without contaminating it. While my skin didn't feel soft after using it, it did make it look brighter over time. But since my skin is still young, it's hard to say whether or not it made a difference other than in the tone.

on 2/1/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been wanted to try this serum for a while now, ever since it became popular on the skincare board. But I wasn't sure if it would work for my finicky, sensitive skin. Fortunately, I recently received a sample from Sephora. I used the sample every other night for a week, and I was not impressed. First, the smell was off-putting--a strong orange-vanilla fragrance that is reminiscent of Creamcicles, which I hate. But of more disappointment was the fact that I broke out and didn't see any positive effects from the serum.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Orange Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance, Yellow 6. continued >>

on 1/8/2015 9:35:00 AM

AMAZING PRODUCT. Honestly I've been around the block with serums. This one blows every other one out of the water. I got recommended this from a staff at Sephora for my stressed out, red, uneven toned and acne prone sensitive skin. I am 23 year old woman and this stuff has been a MIRACLE on my skin. I've only been using it 3 days (day and night, applied after cleanser and before I moisturize) and my skin is miraculously toned, smooth, and the breakout I had DISAPPEARED. I almost feel like a holy light shined down on me and this product (and I'm not even religious). If you are struggling with your skin and it is anything like mine, GET THIS PRODUCT. It is expensive but worth it. I am so happy with this serum. I still can't believe how amazing my skin looks already, can't wait to keep using this.

on 1/3/2015 2:46:00 AM

I think this product would be easier to dispense and use if it was in a dropper bottle because it's very liquidy - imagine a very watered down gel. It has a very light, unobtrusive citrus scent that doesn't linger, and it absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky feeling on the face.

I only use this at night after I have cleansed and toned my face, and after I apply my eye cream - you don't want to get this near your eyes! I take a little less than a dime sized amount and first press this into my skin and then gently rub the excess into my skin. Afterwards, I follow up with my night time moisturizer. I have visibly brighter skin shortly after applying and when I wake up in the morning my skin is softer, plumper, less oily, clearer, and my complexion is a lot more even. It's been helping a lot with my scarring and acne.

I think people who complain that it's drying on their skin forget to apply a moisturizer after. Serums aren't meant to be used as a replacement for a moisturizer, it's a supplement to be used in combination with and under a moisturizer.

Popular Face Skincare Products