December 20, 2014 | 1433 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 More reviews by lydiaoz

This product was awful for me. I have sensitive skin as well as hyper pigmentation and heard that this would help. It did not at all. Whenever I use this my skin gets red and irritated. Overall it just looks worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ladyanastasia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this product in the Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders set. It has been my day serum for a little over a month now. It smells nice and does its job, and I will be using it until I run out, but I think I will be looking for a different one when I am through with it. It is not as hydrating as I need it to be and it is quite underwhelming for the cost.

This is a solid product, but it isn't anything special if you have dry skin. I imagine it could be good for people with oilier skin because it would not break you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

Favorite serum by far. Makes my skin brighter and it looks much less tired. I also love the orangey scent

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I notice a difference in my skin after using this for a while (just looks more radiant and healthier). I love also that it doesn't break me out and isn't as drying as some other serums. I stock up during sephora sales.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Aacuna424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product back in June and have used it every day as a part of my daily beauty routine. Within the first two weeks I had some really bad break outs! Sometimes trying out new products gives me tiny ones but this one was intense! I powered through it and wanted to see what using a whole bottle resulted it and so far I haven't noticed a huge difference :( I hear vitamin c serums really help with anti aging so I'm going to try the Mario badescu one next. Anyone else know of the best serum? Dying to know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by trae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

guys, i've only been using this for a week, and i can already see the difference. pores are tighter, skin is brighter and the tone more even. that said, haven't noticed any change at all in wrinkles/lines - but again, its only been a week.

i use it once a day at night, so i'm not concerned with how it acts under make-up. it goes on a bit slimy, but it soaks into my dry skin easily.

as the harsh winter rolls in, i'll have to see how dry my skin is using this product. but i'd still use it, but perhaps every second night instead of every night.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of the 3 Little Wonders kit and I think it's just okay. It has a nice, light orange scent and is slightly tacky after application--I let it sit while I brush my teeth and then apply my moisturizer over top. Most days, I do not see any effects with this serum. However, and I know this is weirdly specific, but when I use it while I'm hungover, it makes me look AMAZING. I am not sure why because it doesn't have any effect on other days when I'm really tired, but it makes my skin look brighter and more awake only when I'm hungover. This is the first serum I've tried long-term and I won't re-purchase it just because I can only see the effect on specific days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I don't think I have tried an Ole Henriksen product I disliked. What originally won me over was the CC cream; I generally find the entire BB/CC/DD cream trend extremely gimmicky and annoying. That was one of the first and only of its genre to actually do what it claims. From then on, I have tried more and more OH products and have never been disappointed. This is merely a serum, which claims to boost collagen production and brighten complexion. I will say it definitely has a tightening (sticky?) effect when applying to the skin, and definitely improves/brightens my skin overall. The scent smells citrus/orange-y, as most of OH's products containing vitamin C do. This is not a must-have product for me, but I would gladly repurchase and plan on experimenting with more OH products in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by piasab

Really good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by depew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The unfortunate part about serums like this is that it's hard to prove a lack of damage. However, I do think a serum is an important part of a skincare routine and this one so far is non-irritating, smells nicely like citrus, has a good texture, and isn't too expensive for a vitamin C serum. The only real effect it has is to kind of subtly brighten everything up and I notice that when I don't use it my skin doesn't have as nice a texture as it usually does (if that makes sense).