September 2, 2014 | 1719 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KatiNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the 5 miracle set for 45$ and with that deal, it's worth the price.you need so little of it that it lasts forever (3 months of every day use

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mayantastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is decent, I think I did see a slight improvement in my skin, but it was too sticky to use under makeup so I only used it at night. Not enough improvement to buy again, so the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by aerili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

A Sephora salesperson recommended this to me based on the accolades and awards this serum has apparently been bestowed. Unfortunately I was not able to use it consistently because it began causing break-outs after using it for about a week (I had no other skincare changes to my routine so it was definitely the serum). I was worried about this since my skin typically reacts with acne to almost every type of moisturizing agent imaginable.

I continued to use the rest of the bottle intermittently in order to avoid more break-outs. Perhaps 2-3 times per week. While it may have slightly improved my skin's appearance on the day applied, I did not see any long term result. Potentially this is due to my inability to use it every day?

The fragrance was a little too cloying for my taste as well. They should tone it down and make it smell more natural.

Anyway, it didn't work for my skin sadly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Loved it as long as it has been available. Good for my type of combo skin. Worn under make up makes you glow! Just make sure you wait for it to dry all the way. Love the effects.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I had such hopes for OH products, but they are just too highly fragranced. This smells like sweet oranges which is nice to eat but not put on the face. The texture is very nice for oily skin, its light and non oily. The truth oil is even worse, thats fish oil mixed with sweet orange. I love vit c and thought these would be my summer serums as I like Kiehls in the winter. But the smell just doesnt make it pleasant to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nolivia325

I received this as a deluxe skincare sample from Sephora. A small amount of product on the face and neck, morning and night, truly goes a long way, so I'm sure the full suze version would be great. The scent is refreshing while mild, the sticky-ish consistency smoothes very well once thoroughly applied to the skin. After a few minutes my skin is a natural smooth, as though nothing was applied at all, which is nice, because I don't like the feeling of product before applying my makeup. I probably wouldn't even need to wear any face makeup because this serum immediately smoothes and evens out my skintone beautifully. It leaves a lovely, natural looking glow and makes my bare face look beautiful. I was concerned about the reviews claiming that cystic acne spots may develop, and hoped this would not be the case with me. Generally my skin doesn't act out too much, unless mistreated. UNFORTUNATELY, after a couple days of twice daily use... I began to receive tiny, painful white pimples here and there on my face. Not too many, but enough to be concerned as I am usually not prone to breakouts. I am going to discontinue use for a couple days, and then try to incorporate this serum with my nightly argan oil. (Oil at night, serum in the morning... or possibly vice versa) Aside from the minor breakout this is one of the best skincare products, with immediate results, that I've ever tried. So I'm not willing to give it up just yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by PinkyPriss

use this product regularly, like every single day! It is worth buying simply for the amazing glow. I can't live without it an I am currently on my third bottle. I keep product in a dark drawer so the ingredients remain potent and don't degrade from sunlight. In summary, this product hydrates, smooths, and protect your skin. It truly does give you even toned and radiant skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

LOVE this product!!! I see the reviews here are pretty mixed so I'll just say that reason I love this so much is because it gives me immediate results. And by immediate I mean within a few hours. You know that experience where you catch sight of yourself in the mirror and just for a second you're trying to figure out why your skin looks so GOOD? That's what this serum does for me. There are only a handful of skincare products that I've ever tried (out of a lifetime of being an utter product junkie) that have ever given me results like that- this is one of them.
It just brightens everything up. Noticeably. I don't love the sticky feel of it but I'm still giving it five lippies because it works so well. I love the way my skin looks so smooth and bright and youthful when I use this. It's a wonderful product, will repurchase again and again:)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by valtan

i bought this product after reading about the fantastic reviews for it.

i have combination skin, slightly sensitive, and get pimples occasionally.

the first few uses left my skin feeling soft and hydrated (together with sheer transformation). after that though, i woke up every morning with tiny clogged pores. narrowed it down to the truth serum since i use sheer transformation during the day too and its only night when these red bumps appear. was using 20% vit c frm the doctors before that so this didn't brighten my skin.

guess it just isnt for me ) :

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tbraun

Been using MUA for a few years to find the best products out there and I finally have...this is my first review because up until now I had not found anything worth posting about...I love this line of products and this one especially...I have combo skin and very very sensitive to everything! This doesn't break me out at all and it has been helping with my fine lines I'm starting to finally get at the great age of 40! It's a little sticky when first put on but soaks in quickly and feels like I have nothing on...Love it and will keep purchasing!