Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6

on 2/19/2015 6:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this serum. It doesn't leave my skin greasy at all, which is a marvel in it's own right. The citrus scent is a little on the strong side, but I actually find it quite pleasant in the morning. After less than a week of using this along with the Sheer Transformation moisturizer and Invigorating Night Treatment I definitely noticed a difference in my skin.

While it's a little on the pricey side, I do believe it's worth it. Plus the "Three Little Wonders" sets that include the moisturizer and night treatment are a great value.

on 2/15/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Made me break out so bad.
Even on my neck where I brought the product down to.

on 2/9/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this product as part of the "3 Little Wonders" set. For my oily skin, the serum gave me just enough moisture to get me through the day. I noticed some reviewers didn't like the smell, but I thought the citrus scent was nice and not too overwhelming. The packaging was great, and it made it very easy to apply the serum without contaminating it. While my skin didn't feel soft after using it, it did make it look brighter over time. But since my skin is still young, it's hard to say whether or not it made a difference other than in the tone.

on 2/1/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been wanted to try this serum for a while now, ever since it became popular on the skincare board. But I wasn't sure if it would work for my finicky, sensitive skin. Fortunately, I recently received a sample from Sephora. I used the sample every other night for a week, and I was not impressed. First, the smell was off-putting--a strong orange-vanilla fragrance that is reminiscent of Creamcicles, which I hate. But of more disappointment was the fact that I broke out and didn't see any positive effects from the serum.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Orange Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance, Yellow 6. continued >>

on 1/8/2015 9:35:00 AM

AMAZING PRODUCT. Honestly I've been around the block with serums. This one blows every other one out of the water. I got recommended this from a staff at Sephora for my stressed out, red, uneven toned and acne prone sensitive skin. I am 23 year old woman and this stuff has been a MIRACLE on my skin. I've only been using it 3 days (day and night, applied after cleanser and before I moisturize) and my skin is miraculously toned, smooth, and the breakout I had DISAPPEARED. I almost feel like a holy light shined down on me and this product (and I'm not even religious). If you are struggling with your skin and it is anything like mine, GET THIS PRODUCT. It is expensive but worth it. I am so happy with this serum. I still can't believe how amazing my skin looks already, can't wait to keep using this.

on 1/3/2015 2:46:00 AM

I think this product would be easier to dispense and use if it was in a dropper bottle because it's very liquidy - imagine a very watered down gel. It has a very light, unobtrusive citrus scent that doesn't linger, and it absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky feeling on the face.

I only use this at night after I have cleansed and toned my face, and after I apply my eye cream - you don't want to get this near your eyes! I take a little less than a dime sized amount and first press this into my skin and then gently rub the excess into my skin. Afterwards, I follow up with my night time moisturizer. I have visibly brighter skin shortly after applying and when I wake up in the morning my skin is softer, plumper, less oily, clearer, and my complexion is a lot more even. It's been helping a lot with my scarring and acne.

I think people who complain that it's drying on their skin forget to apply a moisturizer after. Serums aren't meant to be used as a replacement for a moisturizer, it's a supplement to be used in combination with and under a moisturizer.

on 12/28/2014 7:27:00 PM

I use this in the AM, and have been doing so for a month.This product is what I need, and apparently ALL I need to keep moisture on my skin without clogging.
(For reference, I had also tried the Sheer Transformation from this line, which seems like it would have been perfect, but that was, oddly, too much for my skin in terms of clogging. I previously used an Olay 7 in one product for at least a year before I started reacting to it. I will probably never approach a cream based moisturizer again, because they just does not do well with my skin anymore.)
I am sad my skin is no longer satisfied with drugstore products. This is not good for my wallet, but I am just glad to find products that work for me now.
My skin looks brighter and more even after using the collagen booster for a month. I also use the invigorating night treatment in the evening. My skin looks great, more even, no bumps or redness, softer texture, and reduced fine lines.

mpb

on 12/27/2014 12:48:00 AM

I like the smell but found this to be more like a gel as opposed to a serum. I usually use Origins' serums so I was a bit nervous trying something new. The good news is it didn't make me break out or anything but unfortunately,it didn't seem to make a difference in the overall appearance of my skin. I finished the entire jar but will not be buying this product again.

on 12/20/2014 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This a very lovely serum, and i enjoy the scent, but im not sure that it does much for my skin. I use it every morning after cleansing, and once its dried, my skin feels kinda tight, like i just applied a gel. Dont know if thats what it is supposed to do.
I have acne prone skin, and it doesnt really help my acne, but i know that it is not supposed to, but the areas on my face where i dont have acne, look really nice and glowy after applying this.
It also has a gel-like texture to it, but i kinda feel like it sits on top of my skin and doesnt sink in. It smells really great, and i have noticed a subtle change in my hyperpigmentation, but i dont think ill buy it again. I expect a serum to really do something, and i just dont feel like this does much for me unfortunately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product was awful for me. I have sensitive skin as well as hyper pigmentation and heard that this would help. It did not at all. Whenever I use this my skin gets red and irritated. Overall it just looks worse.

Popular Face Skincare Products