September 19, 2014 | 1203 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 3 little wonders set- it is a much better deal to buy in the set instead of individually.

I was very worried about breaking out due to the other reviews but took a chance since i had been battling a 2 month long breakout that couldn't be controlled by benzenol perioxide or retinol so I had nothing to loose and was desperate for a new product to help.

Within a week my skin had cleared (in combination with the sheer transformation and invigorating night gel. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and my skin is totally clear, perfectly hygdrated and healing up nicely. All the blemish marks are fading as well.

I like that it comes from a pump. I love the smell & texture. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly. I was using it 2x a day but am now only using it at night so that i can conserve it.

Since i bought this in a set and use it with the other products in the set I can't say for sure which product is the real miracle worker so i will continue to buy all 3.

To recap:
I was having terrible cystic acne and well as white heads prior to using this product and within a week the breakouts stopped and the healing began. Have not had a breakout since using. My face is perfectly hydrated, no flakes or oily areas. I am noticing anti aging results (i am 29 and felt like my skin was getting dull, i feel like a few years have come off already). My skin has been "plumped" and luminous.

I will continue to buy this product and would highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased in 3 Little Wonders set.
I use it at night before bed followed by either the moisturizer or night gel.
I like the consistency and it dries fairly quickly without making my skin feel dry.
When I use it my overall face feels moisturized however is not strong enough for very dry patches.
I enjoy the citrus smell.
Does not break me out. Not entirely conclusive yet however I think it has helped to decrease my breakouts and improve consistency and seem to notice a difference when I skip it.
Its not a "miracle" I do not notice stupefying changes nor have I noticed a brightening effect however I do not have any "cons" for this product. Success by default?
I have been using it for over a month now and there is still more than half the bottle remaining (2 pumps per night cover face and neck).

My only significant comparison was Kate Sommerville serum suggested by sales rep. and found 0 improvements and found that it increased frequency of breakouts.
Had a decent sample from Estee Lauder-Advanced night repair that has been my favorite thus far. I found it decreased breakouts, redness, and left me feeling moisturized. Price point has been my only hesitation but the more products I try the more I consider purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this for about 3 years now, having first discovered it in the Three Little Wonders kit at Sephora. I really like the consistency and think it gives a nice brightening result when used in conjunction with the Invigorating Night Treatment. I've repurchased this several times, although I'm not entirely sure how it would perform on its own without the INT.

The fragrance is lightly citrus-scented, and I've received lots of compliments on my skin when using this combo. I don't always have this in my arsenal as I find it works best when I give it and the INT a rest for a few months and then reintroduce them.

I'm sure I'll purchase this again in the future and while I won't be shocked at the incredible transformation in the mirror, I will be satisfied with the gradual improvement result.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a little over 6 months and holy shit, I love this product. I noticed after my first use (overnight) that my skin did look smoother and brighter. I couldn't believe it and just stared at myself in the mirror and checking on my face throughout the day as I was still in disbelief. I love how this product comes in a pump jar. The only downside is the smell. I'm not sensitive to smells, but this one smells too sweet like artificial orange and it's honestly gross and a turn off to me. I can also only use this product on days that I know I won't be wearing any foundation because it kinda leaves behind a tacky feeling and makes my foundation look more oily throughout the day. I use this product almost everynight. I did notice that when I went on a trip for 3 weeks and didn't bring this my skin changed and looked a little duller. So this is a product that you have to kind of use at least 3-4 nights a week to obtain that smoothing and brightening effect. But overall I love this, it is expensive like $40 I believe but it has lasted a long time because a little does goes a long way and the way it makes my skin look and feel is extremely worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KatiNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the 5 miracle set for 45$ and with that deal, it's worth the price.you need so little of it that it lasts forever (3 months of every day use

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mayantastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is decent, I think I did see a slight improvement in my skin, but it was too sticky to use under makeup so I only used it at night. Not enough improvement to buy again, so the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by aerili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

A Sephora salesperson recommended this to me based on the accolades and awards this serum has apparently been bestowed. Unfortunately I was not able to use it consistently because it began causing break-outs after using it for about a week (I had no other skincare changes to my routine so it was definitely the serum). I was worried about this since my skin typically reacts with acne to almost every type of moisturizing agent imaginable.

I continued to use the rest of the bottle intermittently in order to avoid more break-outs. Perhaps 2-3 times per week. While it may have slightly improved my skin's appearance on the day applied, I did not see any long term result. Potentially this is due to my inability to use it every day?

The fragrance was a little too cloying for my taste as well. They should tone it down and make it smell more natural.

Anyway, it didn't work for my skin sadly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Loved it as long as it has been available. Good for my type of combo skin. Worn under make up makes you glow! Just make sure you wait for it to dry all the way. Love the effects.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I had such hopes for OH products, but they are just too highly fragranced. This smells like sweet oranges which is nice to eat but not put on the face. The texture is very nice for oily skin, its light and non oily. The truth oil is even worse, thats fish oil mixed with sweet orange. I love vit c and thought these would be my summer serums as I like Kiehls in the winter. But the smell just doesnt make it pleasant to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nolivia325

I received this as a deluxe skincare sample from Sephora. A small amount of product on the face and neck, morning and night, truly goes a long way, so I'm sure the full suze version would be great. The scent is refreshing while mild, the sticky-ish consistency smoothes very well once thoroughly applied to the skin. After a few minutes my skin is a natural smooth, as though nothing was applied at all, which is nice, because I don't like the feeling of product before applying my makeup. I probably wouldn't even need to wear any face makeup because this serum immediately smoothes and evens out my skintone beautifully. It leaves a lovely, natural looking glow and makes my bare face look beautiful. I was concerned about the reviews claiming that cystic acne spots may develop, and hoped this would not be the case with me. Generally my skin doesn't act out too much, unless mistreated. UNFORTUNATELY, after a couple days of twice daily use... I began to receive tiny, painful white pimples here and there on my face. Not too many, but enough to be concerned as I am usually not prone to breakouts. I am going to discontinue use for a couple days, and then try to incorporate this serum with my nightly argan oil. (Oil at night, serum in the morning... or possibly vice versa) Aside from the minor breakout this is one of the best skincare products, with immediate results, that I've ever tried. So I'm not willing to give it up just yet!