October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair - Mane 'n Tail - Deep Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoZoeyxo

I had used the original, plain "mane n tail" shampoo when I was younger. Recently, my hair had became dry, frizzy and lost a lot of the qualities it used to have. So I tried to remember what products I used when I was younger since back then it was in great condition. Then I remembered this shampoo and decided to give it another shot! I picked up the deep moisturizing one instead. I was impressed right away! I could tell when washing it in the shower that it was a very gentle cleaner which is perfect considering I hate shampoos filled with chemicals. Also, the scent is super settle which to me is also great since other shampoos honestly give me a headache. This one is perfect because it gives your hair a light, clean scent when you come close to it. It made my hair significantly less frizzy and super soft without weighing it down! I am actually quite shocked that people say it dries out hair- but to be safe I wash my hair only twice a week. I am so happy that I switched back to this brand! The only downers I have are it can make my hair loose volume for some reason. But let me tell you this: if you have dry, frizzy hair then this should do the trick, at least based off of my experiences :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty good at giving my hair volume, I washed this morning blow dried and straightened and I still have volume even this evening. Got my hair nice and clean and hopefull will make it longer and stronger

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I paid about $3.50 for it with a .50 cent (USD) off coupon at HEB.
I noticed after the first wash that this really did give my hair a lot of moisture. Lathered up nicely-but didn't feel too harsh like lathering shampoos.
I paired it with Shea Moisture coconut and habiscus conditioner and it left my hair very moist, bouncy, and shiny. I am very happy. I have wavy hair and it didn't frizz at all.
I will post an update.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lyssajay808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Many people have been telling me this makes your hair grow faster. After using it for about 3 months now, I did notice my hair getting long a little bit faster than the usual pace it grows. Since it says "deep moisturizing" I would expect it to be moisturizing. My hair is dry from multiply times of dying my hair, so I wanted something to hydrate my hair. But my hair seems much more dry than before I started using the shampoo & conditioner. After using it for a long time it did make my hair super oily. So I had to switch shampoos every now & then. Using this shampoo did cause me to have dandruff. This product may work good on some people & not so well on others. Just a trial & error process.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by melbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for two months now and at this stage I really like this shampoo, it cleans really well and keeps my hair soft, even with just the shampoo my hair feels really smooth. Its a pale blue and the consistency is slightly thick but easily applied through hair. It lathers quite well (i normally build up a lather in my hands first and then apply to roots and massage it in.) It doesn't really much of a smell to it, but a clean smell if anything. I got the 1 litre bottle so this should last a really long time, I wash my hair 2-3 times a week and I don't need much of this to wash my hair well.

The only thing I have found is if I have done a oil treatment prior to using this my hair can still be very greasy after drying, so instead I use a clarifying shampoo after oil treatments (i would recommend a clarifying shampoo once a week/fortnight to get rid of the product buildup that can dry out your hair or make it appear dull etc). I also use the deep moisturising conditioner and it goes well with this. Price was good and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SPerk

Have been using this a few weeks and I really like it. It's moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. Actually it's given me pretty good volume. The only cons I can think of: the scent is minimal and not the most pleasant which I suppose could be personal preference and the packaging seems like it'll be inconvenient when the product runs low.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Ashmack12

Just ran out of my first bottle of this shampoo and went out and bought another!

Originally got this because of the hype of it helping grow your hair long. I'm not sure if it does or not but I still really like it. I have far less hair fall when using this and it leaves my hair feeling very clean but not dry. hair tends to be a little greasier then normal on the 2nd day (I wash my hair every other day to every 3 days) couple sprays of dry shampoo fixes that though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ForeverStudio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this product even after one use my hair felt nice and light! Also a great buy for a 32 oz. bottle of shampooee!!! Def. a must have! Also remember patience is key! Even though (depending on hair growth speed) your hair will grow like a stalk! Still patience wise ones......PATIENCE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this! Especially with the matching conditioner.
My hair is a little tangley before following with conditioner.
Leaves my hair so clean.
Definitely speeds up hair growth. My hair takes ages to grow and people actually comment on the growth when I haven't seen them for a few weeks.
Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by linalorraine10

Alright, this shampoo is pretty good, when paired with the conditioner. However, the shampoo itself I don't enjoy using that much, but I do enjoy the aftermath. When I wash with it, it makes my hair feel very dry and tangled and pretty much a hot mess. I have a lot of fallout and due to the harshness of this shampoo, even more so when I use it. HOWEVER, you have to keep in mind this is created for horses, as well, and so it is meant to get your hair very clean (and honestly, my hair feels like it does after a baking soda/ water wash that I use to eliminate build-up when using this) and it is packed with protein, so it is a huge benefit to your hair health. This is also not something that should be used every day, because too much of it can dry your hair out, so I reccomend it 3-4 times a week, and another, less harsh system the other days.
Now, paired with the conditioner, this system works magic on my hair. It makes it soft, shiny, and healthy looking, especially when I let my hair air dry. I've read that this promotes hair growth, and I don't know about that, because I haven't used it regularly enough, but I believe it's very likely just because of how healthy my hair seems after using it. The bottles are pretty large and the price is average (about 5 bucks or so a bottle) and I will definitely continue using this and the conditioner, which makes my hair silky smooth :)