Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Shampoo

Water Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Sodium Laureth Sulfate Fragrance Cocamide MEA Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate Polyquaternium-7 Cocamidopropyl Betaine Tocopherol Glycerin Panthenol Glycol Distearate Methylchloroisothiazolinone Sodium Chloride Methylisothiazolinone Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein F D & C Blue #1 Dimethicone

on 6/27/2015 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

it's all year summer where I live and it hits 35degrees Celsius most days. I also work outdoors so I perspire a lot so I'll shampoo everyday.

I bought this shampoo after reading reviews that it'll make hair grow longer and thicker. It's been only about a week since I use so I can't tell yet.

I use Alberto VO5 lime clarifying shampoo everyday before I use this and I'd say this crossover shampoo is extremely drying on first use. Maybe I used too much cos it was a lot thicker than VO5.

I've diluted the shampoo with water 1:1 and left it in a smaller bottle and it washes well. It doesn't leave any residue / buildup and I use 2 drops of castor oil everyday after I wash my hair.

I've also oiled my scalp with castor oil and I shampooed twice with the diluted shampoo and it takes off the oil very well. Makes a good clarifying shampoo even after diluting it.

on 5/4/2015 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My hair was not in the best condition to say the least. Being mixed race it is coarse, thick, frizzy, dry, curly - you get the idea. Basically i needed something to help tame my hair. I started using this about 3 months ago and it has been a god send. After reading other reviews which say it can leave build up i first wash my hair with a cleansing paraben free shampoo which removes any residue. I then use Mane 'n Tail shampoo followed by the conditioner. It has made my hair much softer and more manageable. It has also grown like crazy! The shampoo is a lot thicker than the conditioner which i found strange but I think the lighter consistency of the conditioner is better. I can't fault it, it's cheap, doesn't smell to strong and it has done wonders for my hair. I definitely recommend this to anybody with thick, unruly and troublesome hair.

on 11/17/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was a pretty ordinary shampoo. I didn't see anything spectacular but it was great for washing for my brushes it really got the makeup out. Won't repurchase for my hair but might for my brushes.

on 8/5/2014 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had used the original, plain "mane n tail" shampoo when I was younger. Recently, my hair had became dry, frizzy and lost a lot of the qualities it used to have. So I tried to remember what products I used when I was younger since back then it was in great condition. Then I remembered this shampoo and decided to give it another shot! I picked up the deep moisturizing one instead. I was impressed right away! I could tell when washing it in the shower that it was a very gentle cleaner which is perfect considering I hate shampoos filled with chemicals. Also, the scent is super settle which to me is also great since other shampoos honestly give me a headache. This one is perfect because it gives your hair a light, clean scent when you come close to it. It made my hair significantly less frizzy and super soft without weighing it down! I am actually quite shocked that people say it dries out hair- but to be safe I wash my hair only twice a week. I am so happy that I switched back to this brand! The only downers I have are it can make my hair loose volume for some reason. But let me tell you this: if you have dry, frizzy hair then this should do the trick, at least based off of my experiences :)

This stuff is pretty good at giving my hair volume, I washed this morning blow dried and straightened and I still have volume even this evening. Got my hair nice and clean and hopefull will make it longer and stronger

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I paid about $3.50 for it with a .50 cent (USD) off coupon at HEB.
I noticed after the first wash that this really did give my hair a lot of moisture. Lathered up nicely-but didn't feel too harsh like lathering shampoos.
I paired it with Shea Moisture coconut and habiscus conditioner and it left my hair very moist, bouncy, and shiny. I am very happy. I have wavy hair and it didn't frizz at all.
I will post an update.

on 10/29/2013 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Many people have been telling me this makes your hair grow faster. After using it for about 3 months now, I did notice my hair getting long a little bit faster than the usual pace it grows. Since it says "deep moisturizing" I would expect it to be moisturizing. My hair is dry from multiply times of dying my hair, so I wanted something to hydrate my hair. But my hair seems much more dry than before I started using the shampoo & conditioner. After using it for a long time it did make my hair super oily. So I had to switch shampoos every now & then. Using this shampoo did cause me to have dandruff. This product may work good on some people & not so well on others. Just a trial & error process.

on 9/23/2013 7:00:00 AM

I have been using this for two months now and at this stage I really like this shampoo, it cleans really well and keeps my hair soft, even with just the shampoo my hair feels really smooth. Its a pale blue and the consistency is slightly thick but easily applied through hair. It lathers quite well (i normally build up a lather in my hands first and then apply to roots and massage it in.) It doesn't really much of a smell to it, but a clean smell if anything. I got the 1 litre bottle so this should last a really long time, I wash my hair 2-3 times a week and I don't need much of this to wash my hair well.

The only thing I have found is if I have done a oil treatment prior to using this my hair can still be very greasy after drying, so instead I use a clarifying shampoo after oil treatments (i would recommend a clarifying shampoo once a week/fortnight to get rid of the product buildup that can dry out your hair or make it appear dull etc). I also use the deep moisturising conditioner and it goes well with this. Price was good and I will repurchase.

on 9/22/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this a few weeks and I really like it. It's moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. Actually it's given me pretty good volume. The only cons I can think of: the scent is minimal and not the most pleasant which I suppose could be personal preference and the packaging seems like it'll be inconvenient when the product runs low.

on 8/27/2013 2:31:00 PM

Just ran out of my first bottle of this shampoo and went out and bought another!

Originally got this because of the hype of it helping grow your hair long. I'm not sure if it does or not but I still really like it. I have far less hair fall when using this and it leaves my hair feeling very clean but not dry. hair tends to be a little greasier then normal on the 2nd day (I wash my hair every other day to every 3 days) couple sprays of dry shampoo fixes that though!