September 2, 2014 | 1651 users online

Pressed Powders - Catrice - Skin Finish Compact Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying out Maybelline's Fit Me line I was desperate to use anything else besides those products. I went to my local drugstore and purchased this product on a limb. I have number 050 Caramel Beige and so far I think this product is a great drugstore find. I am giving this product 4 lippies because it is effective, affordable, and for someone like myself accessible. I took off a lippie because I feel like the packaging is flimsy, the product does not carry a of variety in colors, and the overall quality is not the best The color is a bit too dark on me which is my fault so that has not affected the score. I have normal skin and can see that by the end of the day my skin is a tab bit oily. Nothing a blotting sheet can't fix. I would recommend this product for someone who is starting off with makeup or who is looking for an affordable drugstore powder. I would purchase this product again but when given the opportunity would upgrade to something else. The color variety is also not very large and I may just fall into that little group of people who have a hard time finding foundations. Overall a hit for me :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Ksenia1

HG right there!! I bought this 4 weeks ago, use it every day and LOVE IT!! I have oily, acne prone skin. This doesn't break me out like most pressed powders. It gives you pretty mat but not dull finished look. And stays on for a very long time. Absolutely love it. It's cheap, excellent quality, will be buying it over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by cepauloar

This is a very nice and affordable compact powder. I use compact powder every day to set my foundation. It leaves me a matte effect but not dull or "cakey". Texture is very light and blends very well with the skin. Mine is in 050 Caramel Beige, perfect for my skin tone (yellow undertones). The only thing that I don't like about it is that it has no mirror and it has a strong smell. But overall, I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MiamiMortimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've so far only used this as a mattifying powder over my Max Factor pan stik (another buy I've just tried, and been impressed by!) and it's really good.

I have 010 Transparent and the colour is pale enough for me (NW15-20). Catrice has always impressed me with their pressed powders (I also own their pressed mineral compact and rate it highly) and this product is no different.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by veuveamiot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very happy with this finishing powder. It has slight coverage (it's more a mattifying finishing powder than anything) but most days, I like wearing it solo as it manages to even out my skin tone without looking fake or flat. Has a fleeting, nicely flowery smell.
I got the lightest shade (out of 6, non of which are much darker than "Mediterranean"), which suits an NC 15-20 fine. Being translucent as it is, it might even work for lighter skin tones.

Cons: it's quite a light and brittle sort of powder, and it dusts a fair bit.