September 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Lipstick - Catrice - Ultimate Colour (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shade Ginger and Fred on a whim because it's being discontinued and was 50% off. I have to say, I'm absolutely sold on the formula.

The texture is quite creamy, similar to the NYX Black label lipstick. It was comfortable to wear and even felt rather moisturizing. It did not settle into fine lines and went on easily. One light coat is enough to create a nice stain of color, while two coats will achieve full coverage. I actually prefer a lipstick that can be used in multiple ways like this, so for me, this is a huge plus. I don't suffer from traveling lipstick, but as another reviewer mentioned, you might want to use a lip liner to keep it in the lines if that is usually an issue for you.

Longevity was actually rather impressive. After applying two coats for full coverage and going about my day for a few hours, I drank from a glass and had a sandwich. Although I did reapply after eating, there was a decent amount of pigmentation still present and it wasn't totally necessary to reapply. The lipstick wore off evenly, wasn't patchy, and didn't leave that weird ring around the mouth that many lipsticks leave as they wear off.

There is a lightly fruity smell that wasn't offensive, and I am very particular about scented lip products. There is no taste that I could detect, also a huge plus in my book.

The packaging is clean and simple and doesn't feel cheap, which is often where budget makeup lines go wrong. As usual, Catrice does a nice job here as well.

I'm completely sold on the formula and will definitely be picking up some more shades in the future. The shade selection is huge, there has to be something for everyone in there. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Stela5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Hey Nude-240 and love it so much. Formula is so smooth and good, colour is great for my skin tone (in MAC NW10-15), price is great too. I love scent of this lipstick, mmm :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Zelmora

I have this in Frozen Rose (which unfortunately looks fugly on me) and Sweet Coraline - the latter is very flattering on my pale, pink undertoned skin, looks great with a peachy blush and a simple winged eyeliner. A MAC similar to it would be Scarlet Ibis, it's an orangey, brick red shade and as someone have mentioned here, it fades beautifully to a pretty peach colour. I originally purchased these because I'm not a lipstick girl but wanted to experiment and thought I'd give these cheapos a try. The packaging is very neat and Catrice offers a good variety of bold, pigmented colours - I'm definitely trying out more of them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging: Sleek, glossy black plastic. It looks more expensive than it is and blends in well with my HE mu, but does not have the extra luxe feel that say, YSL has. Catrice is embossed on thee lipstick, that's a +.

Longevity: The color is very creamy and you should use a lipliner (even though I don't) if you wan't a perfect crisp and sharp lip line. There is enough moisture in this so you don't have to use lip balm before. The only drawback really is that it's almost to creamy and slippery and will slip outside your lip line if you don't blot, but if you do, it will look amazing! The initial color lasts 5 hours on me (and my lips usually eats lipstick), the stain overnight.

Smell: The smell is pleasant, a sweet mixture between fruits and... a touch of crayon.

Color: I will review the lipstick #270 Matt-erial Girl. It looks like muted darkened fuschia that leans purple in the tube, and when i bought it I thought ''great, now I can buy an exciting color for a small cost''. The stain left behind is SO pretty. It ranges from an intense, yet wearable pink to the ''just bitten'' lips. WOW. This is the kind of lipstick you should wear to a date, if you wan't to wake up with yesterdays mu and look awesome.

Price: 3,95 euro. I'm thrilled with the purchase, it's my first DS lipstick. I'm satisfied so far!

Lastly: I did not give it a 5 due to the risk of bleeding. I won't repurchase because I only do that with HGs and staples.

UPDATE: I probably will repurchase, I will use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is well worth product, packaging is nice, firm and chic,color very pure, but staying power is so lala, also a bit dry, summer time might be better to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aislingmoran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first review is defiantly going to Catrice Lipsticks. WOW, is all I can say. Catrice supplies lots of different colors and amazing quality lipsticks for such a good price. These lipsticks have to be one of my top lipsticks, as I always find I'm reaching for them all the time. They have a creamy texture that lathers on your lips and feels like slick. The pigmentation is fantastic, and is the ultimate color you could ask for.

The lipsticks come in a brown/black lipstick packaging, with a magnet closure. I find the packaging is very sophisticated and not too gamy.

I find that the lipsticks go on smoothly and stay on great. With some other cheap drugstore lipsticks I find they don't go on so smoothly and silky and leaves gaps in the skin of my lip. The only problem I have is the sticker at the bottom of the lipstick that shows the color doesn't seem to be exact same as what comes out. So make sure you swatch the lipstick before purchasing!

The price is fantastic for such a good lipstick. They are around 3.95 euro at my local store. You can find Catrice products in Dunnes Stores or anywhere, where they might sell "essence".

Thur x.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Sternchen991

I actually just got one of these as a present a day ago but I was just too impressed to not write a review. I have the Princess Peach 050 lipstick btw ;)
Pros:
- great, luxurious looking packaging, very unusual for a drugstore brand!
- lovely colour for the summer gives you an instant tan
-amazing lasting power (up to 5 hours on a hot day with drinking from a bottle)
- dries into a matte, powdery finish that makes even bright colours very wearable
- for about 4€ the price is unbeatable
-smells and tastes good but not too strong and the smell/taste fade when it has dried

Contras:
there really aren't any I could think of ;)

All in all I will definitely stop by a drugstore tomorrow to look at some other colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good lipsticks. I have a few of them and I find them to be easy to apply, really pigmented. They feel comfortable on my lips.They are not particularly drying. I would say the finish is mostly semi-matte.The lasting power is okay (not outstanding). They have a good shade selection for a drugstore lippy. And with the price (less than 3 euros) you can't really go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Maribianca

I own this lipstick in 190 The Nuder The Better, 020 Maroon and 050 Princess Peach and love it. Great pigmentation, glides on easily and doesn't dry out the lips.
Quite a sophisticated look too for a rather cheap product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Titagil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in the colours Be Natural, After Work Wine and Frozen Rose and I really like it, they're enough pigmented, really soft and with a sweet scent. The package it's great and the brand in the lipstick make it look sofisticated and more expensive then it is.