November 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Double Ended Liner Shadow Brush

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this little beauty some months ago, when I wanted to try a double-ended brush. I didn't try it immediately, because I have so many other brushes. However, recently, when I decided to give cake eyeliner a try, I pulled out the double-ended liner shadow brush, and I must say, I'm impressed. I think this brush cost about $20, which is a bargain, considering that you're essentially (no pun intended!) getting two brushes.

At one end(my favorite) is the tiniest, narrowest pointed liner brush you've ever seen. I mean, I thought the MAC 210 was thin and precise, but when I put the 210 and the BE double-ended liner shadow brush side by side, the BE brush is significantly narrower.

The double-ended liner shadow brush's bristles are firm enough for precision, but soft enough for comfort, which I consider ideal for a liner brush. I can dip the liner end of the double-ended liner shadow brush in a drop of Medusa's Makeup eyeliner sealer, coat the brush with Ben Nye cake liner, draw a thiiin fine line right along my upper lashlines, and viola! My eyes are nicely defined, but it's not obvious that I'm wearing eyeliner.

At the other end of the double-ended liner shadow brush is a flat, squared off brush about 1/4" or so wide. I wasn't really sure how to use a brush like this, but the BE site says that it has the capability to "push more intense color into the lashline," so I assume it can function like the various "flat definer" brushes I've seen(but haven't had the nerve to try). The flat end of the double-ended liner shadow brush seems to be of the same excellent quality as the pointed end. I love the fact that all of the double-ended liner shadow brush's bristles are synthetic, and that BE is a cruelty-free company.

My only complaint: The pointed end of the brush comes with a little protective plastic tube over it, which is good, but when I pull the tube off, the ferrule detaches from the handle. It's easy enough to slip back together, and a little glue would probably keep it from happening at all, so it's not a major problem.

In all, this is an excellent brush, well worth its price. I'll plan on updating this review, once I get the hang of using the flat end of the brush.