July 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow Quad Lagons (29)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by vespertilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blue eyeshadow is not for the faint-hearted and more often than not leaves you looking "painted" and a bit Fifties, but this one has won me over.

I'd been pining over the gorgeous colour combination for ages until my mum gave it to me as a present, at which point I realised I might not have much use for blue eyeshadow.
After contemplating the mouth of this gift horse for a while, I used it once and was disappointed with it. Chalky, little pigment and colours unlike the pan was my verdict.

5 months later, I decided I couldn't leave a Chanel quad to gather dust, I'd either use it or give it away. When I put it on "one last time", it turned out to be a much better product than I remembered.
I think the colours, because they are quite unusual, take some work and precision to place effectively. I definitely recommend using a proper primer and good brushes. It's not for beginners, to be sure, and probably also not for those with some wrinkles or hooded eyelids as it might look a bit "painted".

I now like to combine all of the shades to create a subtle, cool-toned smokey eye that complements my blue eyes very well and doesn't even really look like I'm wearing blue eyeshadow.

- The top left shade is a crisp, icy blue-white. Does very well in the inner corner of the eye or as a cool-toned highlighter.

- The top right shade is a soft dusty blue leaning into cornflower or periwinkle. Its finish is matte and it takes some piling on to show up, imho. Not a shade to use on its own, as it just looks a bit dull.

- The bottom left shade is an intense dark cobalt blue. Excellent for the outer V if you're to the dramatic side or as a liner if you're more subtle.

- The bottom right shade is kind of a slightly darker and "more blue" version of the top left (very light) shade. It's sky blue where the top left one is glacier blue. A good all-over-lid colour.

As usual, the dark shades are more pigmented than the light ones, the very darkest one is excellent though. It is also the only one that has noticeable glitter (but still subtle), if that's what you mind.

I'm not going to comment on how gorgeous the packaging is - Just because Chanel is expensive and makes you feel like a million bucks doesn't mean it gets away with crappy products. Thankfully, this one is okay, but I won't repurchase myself because it's not quite worth it considering how often I wear these shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

This is a Chanel quad from their 2011 spring collection. I find that quads have a better staying power on me than the singles but better doesn't mean that they stay put the whole day (on me, with my oily eyelids. They only stay on me the whole day if I use UDPP). It's a very nice mix of (nicely pigmented) blues - from very light to very dark. They are all sparkly-frosty but not obviously so. Well worth investing into if you don't have any other similar blue-ish eyeshadows. You can go from a very subtle daytime look to an evening look in no time. Overall a very pretty quad :-) I think it's the only Chanel quad I really like. I have a similar rather old Dior palette in 170 Blue denim but it's more matte and not "quite" the same (staying power is much better though).