MAC Surf USA

4.6

on 8/24/2012 1:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE this shadow. I usually hate blues, but this one is beautiful. I generally use it when doing a multi color eye...usually including pink or purple. This is one of maybe...3 blues in my entire collection. Price is pretty average, pricey but not pricey enough to keep me from buying. Packaging is same with any MAC shadow. Overall, good shadow!

on 3/10/2012 9:33:00 PM

One of my new favorites. GORGEOUS color. Very buildable. Today I paired it with pink, orange and a duochrome white and made a sunset look. Goes really nicely with my skintone (NC15, slightly lighter)....which is strange because I generally hate blue colors on me. Would purchase again, no doubt.

on 8/21/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Beautiful colour a deep turquoise with a bit of green. So silky and smooth really makes my eyes pop when used as a liner over a wash of shroom or in the crease. Effortless smooth sexy.

love this eyeshadow. very pigmented. i like to put it with MAC pink venus. one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows.

on 7/10/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love how this looks on the lower lash line when used as a shadow! It is the most gorgeous colour for brown eyes! (Or any eyes, probably)

I rarely use it as a lid colour, but I sometimes use it in the crease with MAC Lime.

I love this shadow because it leans both blue and green. It is not one or the other. It works well with a lot of other shadows. I love effortless eyeshadow colours!

on 6/22/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

the most gorgeous turquoise eyeshadow i own (and i own A LOT)... the pigmentation is awesome, the texture is smooth and blendable. in the pan it looks like a slightly deeper version of Shimmermoss, but in reality it is MUCH deeper and much more pigmented. they would work beautifully together, though. the finish is "frost" but really comes off more as a satin (not overly shiny/metallic like regular frosts). it looks amazing on my light brown eyes, and it seems like it would look gorgeous on any skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I lucked out and got one of the last 2 surf USA shadows at my pro store today. I would put the color itself in the turquoise family, leaning more green than blue, with a hint of shimmer--more like a sheen, really. Definitely not glittery, no fallout, and intensely pigmented. Absolutely beautiful on my NW20 skin, though I imagine this would be lovely on many women. I intend to pair it with more muted shades like copperplate and handwritten, with dazzelight or shroom as a highlight. Can't wait to wear it!

Side note: reviews marking products down because you find their packaging "ugly" are a bit unfair--so long as it's effective, what difference does it make? MAC shadows are also easily depanned if the packaging is that offensive. Just saying.

on 6/7/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a very pretty eyeshadow color. It's very pigmented, so a little goes a long way.It sort of reminds me shimmermoss, but more green. I wear this only on my lower lid with a black liner. Also, with this shadow you need to wear a neutral lip color.

on 6/6/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

It is a lovely soft shadow, it's easy to work with, easy to blend and easy to wear.. I love to mix it with a gold or yellow color like sun blonde or even expensive pink...i put this color on the outer portion of the eye with the light color from inner to midway...or I will use it on the lower line as well depending on what's on lid...

on 6/2/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to pass on Surf USA, however upon swatching it today it lured me in with it's smooth texture and vibrant teal shade that strikes me to have a bit of a "cool mint" type look. I have nothing else like this. I have Waternymph but they seem remarkably different.
I usually shy away from bright colored shadows but this is so summery and fresh looking I wanted to give it a spin. I really liked Sun Blonde too, a gorgeous mustard shade.
I marked that I would not buy again because this is limited edition.