September 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lip Gloss - Bourjois - Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this lip gloss! I received it as a gift from a relative that lives in Australia, which I'm so happy about, as it's not available in New Zealand. Not sure about online stores either. I love how it self-adjusts into a unique pink when it adapts to the pH of your lips. Simply genius! The colour that it turns into on my lips is a bit brighter than I thought it would be, but I still love it. I love the packaging of it, it looks really clean and fancy. I also really like the smell of it, to me it smells like raspberries. I think the only down-fall it has in my opinion is that it is quite sticky. Way too sticky for my liking. Sometimes I blot the actual gloss off, which leaves a nice natural looking pink stain on my lips. I think the staying power of this gloss would be quite good, but I nearly always end up taking it off, just because it gets stuck in my hair etc.

8/10

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Okay on me this didnt work at all it turned my lips a really bright pink which doesnt suit me, sigh, on my friend however it looks great lasts ages, nice smell, tastes good has a great colour on her so i guess it depends on the person? Lasts like a lip stain almost but i would definitely reccommend to try another downside though is it is a very sticky formula but it lasts long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought mine on asos along with 2 other bourjois blushes. I've been wanted to try it for a long time and i've got to say, that I LOVE IT. My pink came out as a bright coral pink which is really nice. I would initially say that i would wear this at night however after you can wear it during the day. What I do is apply it, wait for it to change colour, then close your lips onto a piece of tissue to blot. This leaves behind a more subtle colour which is also very pretty, more suitable for day wear.
I really like the brush applicator, and although it is a little sticky than other lip glosses I have, it lasts much longer.
YES, i would purchase it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by salice23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love LOVE this lipgloss! I received it (along with a Bourjois full sized mascara) when I purchased one of their mascaras. It turns a gorgeous bright pink on me, and stains my lips slightly, which I love as I'm prone to chewing my lips frequently, thus making my lipstick/lipgloss fade quicker. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

Interesting product. I used several times up to this moment and I have to admit, that it always surprises me. The color is adaptable. On my lips it becomes violently pink, sparkling a little. It's superb. The only minus is that it is a little bit over sticky. It has a rather good staying power for a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Because of the bright popping colour it is, it's not really something you'd be wearing everyday. It's more of a night time lipgloss.
I really like it. It's a fun, girly colour and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the negative reviews for this! I love this lip gloss! I bought mine from ASOS.com for around $12, instead of paying around $20 at Priceline (I'm in Australia). To me that's pretty good value.
Anyway, the actual product -
PROS
- Colour differs on every individual: I've tried this on myself, my mum, my sister & my friend and it was a different colour on all of them to what it was on me.
- Long-lasting: lip gloss leaves a stain even after its lost its glossiness.
- Brush applicator is easy to use

CONS
- Long-lasting: to some people the stain could be annoying..
- Difficult to remove stain: using a waterproof eye makeup remover I can't fully remove the lip gloss's stain. It fades away in its own time though (usually overnight)
- Noticeable: I bought this thinking I might be able to wear this to school but it's too noticeable for that..
- Don't know what colour it will show up as when you first buy it (I wasn't able to test it when I bought it)

On me this lip gloss is a bright darkened hot-pink with cool undertones. On my mum it's more warm toned, and significantly lighter. So it definitely lives up to its claim of being a different colour on every individual.
If/when mine runs out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by cupsoupable

I was browsing around Boots (always a dangerous thing to be doing) and saw the 3 for 2 deal. I was only looking for a new eyeshadow quad but ended up buying an 2 eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks, a concealer and this gloss, because it looked so FUN! I have to admit I was new to this trend and hadn't seen any similar products that change colour and the girls in the ad looked so cute and perky as all the Bourjois girls seem to do so I just had to have it. Overall I was happy with the gloss, and while I'm pleased with it as a novelty product I probably wouldn't buy it again.
-Colour DOES actually change from clear to pink, especially on the lips. When you test it on your hand the colour change is really minimal but on your lips it becomes a much brighter shade of pink. I wouldn't describe it as hot pink as some other people do, but I would call it a bright, poppy pink, sheer shade of pink thats very pretty.
-The consistency is quite sticky but I like this as I feel like it stays on for a long time and isn't so prone to wearing off when my hair gets stuck in it. When it fades the lips are left with a pretty pink stain.
-Although the pink is pretty, it isnt the most WOW colour ever. As a result, I tend to wear this lipgloss when I'm wearing something cute but quite casual and I want to go with a minimal but flirty makeup look. If I have a more specific look in mind, I hardly ever use this gloss. I use it when I'm not wearing much makeup and can't decide what to put on. As a result, I probably wouldn't repurchase. That being said, I think its super cute and super fun and I love watching the colour change.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by evantina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had seen Bourjois 3D effet lip baume on a model in a magazine and i loved it. it was a lovely reddish pink. It looked perfect for wearing when you don't want to dress up your lips much and yet want just a bit of colour on your lips. Its like your lips are blushing.
When I checked I could not find a single Bourjois outlet in my city. I thought well they haven't launched in India yet. But then accidentally I saw a small counter in a corner in a big mall nearby. I rushed to it andlo and behold the baume did not look anything likeon the model. It was GloSSy. Very very glossy. But i was still tempted to buy until the salesman showed me the Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss.

I have used lip balms before that adjust to your skin pH levels, but they almost always turned tooo pink for my liking. And they were all cream based.
This one was just glossy. It was not too sticky. Whatever amount of stickiness it has is very comfortable. It does not weigh down your lips. And it does not make them stick together like sugar candy in the sun.

And it seems they turn a different pink on everyone, also I guess the colour depends on the base colour of your lips. On me it turned a lovely sheer-ish hot pink with a tinge of rose in it. I really enjoyed wearing it.

BUT
it leaves a pink stain on your lips. Everyone seems to be liking it.
When i saw the stain I did not appreciate it, even though it looked pretty, for the simple reason being that it gets me suspicious about the ingredients. Especially so since the stain did not come off rub as much as i may with makeup remover, water, olive oil, etc. I suspect my lips are still a little pink. I want my cosmetics to do their job and then be done with. I don't like anything to linger on my skin unless its a natural product.
I have used lip stains made from natural products, and they do not come off with water. Yet they are easier to remove than Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss's after-effect-pink. SO this is the one thing about it I did not like, at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I'm kind of a lip gloss/lipstick junkie because I have so many and use them all the time. I usually use this whenever I go out, this comes out clear at first then on me then it goes a really nice strong kind of bright pink shade that suits my complexion, and when the gloss wears off your lips still have the pink colour to them (just like a lip stain). And I can attest to the whole "pH reactive pigments adjust into a pink to suit your skin tone" thing because I got one of my friends to test it (I wanted to see if it just went to one shade of pink or not) and on my friend who is even paler then I am it came out as a softer lighter shade of pink compared to the rather intense colour that it comes out on me.