October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Reviva - Alpha Lipoic Acid, Olive Oil & DMAE hand & body lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have no problems with the soybean in this lotion. Just wanted to say that...

ANYWAY
I got this pretty cheap online and was drawn to the fact that it has DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid (I still don't know what they do, but I was curious!) as I wanted a good body lotion. The consistency is like a daily hair conditioner (too thin for my tastes) and there's a very faint scent of olive oil (hardly detectable). It sinks in very fast which I love but I don't find it moisturizing enough for my needs. Reviva is a good solid company and while I got this at a great price, I don't think the bottle is big enough and I'm still not sure what benefits this lotion gives my skin besides you know, moisturizing it. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I am not happy about this lotion containing soybean oil (2nd ingredient), I still like it very much. I bought it online from the Vitamin Shoppe website & they have the ingredients listed wrong, so I was surprised to find soybean in here...I'm attempting to restrict consumption of all types of soy products, including topical.

Olive oil is the 4th ingredient here, followed by alpha lipoic acid (my favorite anti-inflammatory agent & the reason why I bought it). I love Reviva brand. This lotion is emollient, has a very nice texture & good slip, absorbs quickly & completely into skin & leaves it feeling moisturized & comfortable, not greasy, oily or sticky. Perfect.

I love that it has no scent or fragrance whatsoever. And the 8oz bottle is a nice change from Reviva's typical 4oz size, so this bottle will last me twice as long as usual. Really nice. I'll probably buy it again despite the soybean content. Soybean oil isn't bad per se, but for me it's not good. I will not consume the stuff (took me a long time to discover canola oil is made of soy), but I end up doing so anyway as so many food & skincare products contain it. Oh well.