November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Perfect Mascara Defining Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by TiniLen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the worst mascara I ever used in my life! I received a sample tube from a shiseido event and I start using it right away.

Pros
- blackest color

Cons
-It's not that easy to remove
-the wand loads way too much product so you end up with spider legs
-it does not add any length or curve to your lashes
-the smell!!! First of all it is really overpowering! It's such a strong smell that can cause you a headache. Secondly it's so awful that make you wander of what is it made from!

I can handle a mascara that load too much product and I can live without perfectly curved lashes, but I can't stand the smell! Last time I wore it, I started feeling dizzy by the strong smell and I could still sense that something was stinking even after 1 hour. After that, I'm never using this it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This mascara made my lashes clump and stick together, so even though it does lengthen them, it gives them a spidery look. Not flattering. On the plus side, it doesn't smudge or flake, even after a long day, and it's is easy to remove - however, the negative outweighs the positives, so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by llx61489

I've never bought the same mascara twice until now... Best mascara I've ever used!! I have straight asian eye lashes that are long but go down instead of curl. Most mascaras are too wet and don't hold the curl. After eyelash curler and this stuff, my lashes are curled all day and thicker than I've ever seen! Hard to remove but I don't mind

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by StarStorm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara because it does everything without the cons. It does not smudge at all, holds curls, easy to remove. And of course, it adds volume, lengths, separates. There is a obvious difference in the results when I use this mascara instead of the other ones. My friends even comments on how it stays curled so perfecting without smudges after we had an outdoor hot tub bath. It is amazing! Highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by eliego7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this mascara in a GWP bag. I have been using this sample for the last 3 days and I must say that I'm impressed with the product.

Pros: It defines and volumizes my lashes very well. It holds a curl like no other mascara I've tried before. Unlike many other reviewers, I did not find it had a weird smell, I did not smell anything at all. It stays in place the whole day (I put it at 7am and no transfer or smudge at 7pm). The color payoff is amazing. The mascara is very, very black.

Cons: The price. In Canada, the full size retails for 30$, which is quite expensive for an item that you will only use for a couple months. In addition, the formula is quite wet, so you have to be careful when you apply and you must be willing to retouch with a comb if needed. This also makes layering a little more difficult, but I find that I don't need more than 2 layers with this one, given it's efficiency.

Overall, I think I will purchase the full size, just because it holds the curl in my lashes perfectly, and it makes my eyes look bigger and more awake. The volumizing action and color payoff are also very impressive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by xxslowpokexp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a sample and I'm so glad I didn't get the full size. This has to be the worst mascara ever. It smells weird and makes my lashes look like spider legs. It's sticky and clumpy. It's also really hard to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I got this as part of a GWP so I didn't buy it but I'm seriously considering doing so once my baby 2mL tube runs out. The product is great but it has a couple of drawbacks as well...
The Good...
Good pigmentation, does not smudge, smear or flake, dries fast and holds a curl better than ANYTHING else I've ever used. Lasts all day too.
I haven't had any problems getting it off with either Dr Bronners bar soap, Jack Black facial cleanser or Shiseido Extra Creamy cleansing foam and I notice a lot of previous reviewers have commented on the scent - I haven't experienced anything like that but I haven't sniffed the tube as such, so YMMV.
The Bad... The brush is not my favourite, it's a tad too long for my liking and I suspect it may be that mine is a much smaller/sample size but it comes out with WAYYYYYY too much product on it, meaning you have to wipe the excess off with a tissue every second go or so. Because of this, it applies clumpily and necessitates a few swipes with a clean spoolie brush to even out the application and get rid of the dastardly clumps.
I only ever apply a single coat but I'm thinking that it wouldn't layer that well... Also, a major waste of product, which kind of annoys me. Hopefully, the full size tube doesn't have this issue but it's about the only thing holding me back from repurchasing right away...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by christaaynguyeen

I got a sample of this mascara and applied it to my lashes. The mascara smells WEIRD. And made my lashes stick to each other. Ew.... DONT GET IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this from a Shiseido counter. I really liked it. I have short Asian lashes and most mascaras do not hold my curl at all. This one gave me full volume and held the curl very well. Only thing I didn't like was that the brush was too big. If the brush was smaller it would've been even more perfect for my short lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by savannah_austin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this mascara from Sephora. I have tried a buttload of mascaras - both drugstore and department store. If you are looking for a mascara that will hold curl - this is for you. It really does a fantastic job with that. And I also think it does a pretty good job lengthing, defining and volumizing. However, I cannot get this stuff off. I have used Lancome's Bifacil and washed my face 3 times since I wore it and it's still on. I do not like that. The smell is also horrid.