August 21, 2014 | 1883 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Regenerist Superstructure Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a couple of weeks but so far I love it (and I have bought backups because they were on sale, woot!).
I can't say I have noticed any dramatic improvement to the "structure" of my skin but it has only been a fortnight so far and my skin does look nice, soft, smooth, clear (no breakouts, yay!) and radiant. I am very happy with it!
First of all, the packaging is great, sturdy plastic tube with an airtight pump and a solidly locking cap - doesn't matter if you drop it, doesn't take up too much bench space and it's easy to toss into a toilet bag if you need to travel. I do find the pump dispenses a tad too much product if you depress it fully but that is easily controlled, you can simply push it down gently until it squirts out the desired amount and then stop.
The cream itself is a plain white cream, not too scented, not too stiff and while it is reasonably thick, it is not tacky, hard to spread and doesn't take ages to absorb.
It moisturizes very, very well - I typically get dry, slightly flaky patches on my chin but this has seen to them quite nicely. No alligator face for me!
And it has SPF 30 which is fantastic, even if I would generally use this as a night cream otherwise...
As someone who has invested quite heavily in high end skin care previously (I used Dior for years, have tried Lancome, Estee Lauder and am currently on Shiseido), I have been hugely impressed with the Olay Regenerist line. There are definitely some hidden gems within the lower price point brands (Palmers is another) but this one seems to be pretty close to knocking it out of the park for me.
Will update in another couple of months with whether it deserves that fifth lippie!
EDIT: Dec 30 2013, gave it a fifth lippie because other than the Olay Night Essence, I've practically not used another moisturizer in 2 or 3 months. Have just opened my second bottle (love the airtight pump mechanism) and also nearly had heart palpitations when I realized Farmers department store in New Zealand charges nearly $54! Considering I got three units for less than that price, I'll be purchasing mine elsewhere as long as it is available but I (...sigh...) would still buy it at that price if I had too...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: SPF 30. Supposed to help with firming, but I couldn't use it long enough to confirm that.

CONS: Smell is kind of perfumey. Felt very thick, sticky and tacky on the skin, even for an SPF30.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Now that I'm in my late thirties, I've discovered that I don't look as fresh in the morning than say... 15 years ago, so I decided to take a closer look at my skin care routine.
There are a few things that are important to me when it comes to skin care: Not too expensive (as a mother of three and not working atm I need to keep my hands on the wallet) and it must be easy to purchase.
So I did some research over here and came up with the Olay Regenerist line.
Since I had some good experiences with Olay's face wash and beauty fluid (staples) and Regenerist eye serum (HG) I decided to give this one a chance.
Wow, and what a discovery it was! First time I used it I checked myself in the mirror during the day (yes I do that sometimes) and couldn't believed how fresh and healthy glowing I looked! My skin was glowing but not in a shiny, oily way. Mind you, I do have combo skin that can turn into an oil slick, especially during the summer. So there was one point for cosmetic benefits.
But I also loved the way it felt on my skin. Although it has high spf, it sinks in easily and does not leave a white cast. I use about one and a half pea size for my face and neck and that´s enough to moisturize but not too much so I look like a greasy mess.
Now that I've used this a few months, I'm still as happy with this lightly (and lovely) scented, not too heavy for my slighly oily combo skin and it has high SPF!
I think it is very expensive for a drugstore brand, so I´ll continue to buy this only at a 50% sale.
I've tried high and low end brands (Kiehl's, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Weleda, Garnier, Nivea) but they are either worse or no better than this beauty. Love this!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by birdsofafeather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found that Olay moisturizers, in general, work well on my skin - medium fair, somewhat sensitive, dryer with age. Used Regenerist serum for quite awhile, needed something with an SPF and found this product. I definitely like it, found I need to apply a THIN layer of the product, not slather it on. My pores look smaller and a nice sheen remains under my foundation - great for that youthful glow, that disappears a bit with age. Good price at Costco helped me splurge and buy it. SPF is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't like the way it felt on my skin. For $26 for a drugstore product I want to like it immediately and I just didn't. I can usually tell pretty quickly what's going to work for my skin. Granted, I only wore this for 3 days but I'm returning it. This maybe better for drier skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by encr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great! It's nicely moisturizing but not greasy, seems to have a decent spf of 30 and, most importantly, it feels really good! I have fair sensitive skin which has a tendency to be dry/itchy and sometimes breaks out. I've had difficulty finding a day cream that is the right balance and is not irritating - this one ticks all the boxes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all I have to say that I really like the scent. It is the less important thing in a moisturizer, I know, but I really enjoy it. It reminds me of something familiar and makes me happy. This said, the lotion is creamy, not greasy and very moisturizing. It soaks into the skin and makes it plump and smooth. In summer, for people living in tropic areas and for oily skins it will be too much. For really dry skins it will be maybe not enough but they can compensate applying a serum or natural oils before. For my skin in winter it is perfect. And I would only use it in winter because the UV filters in it, as good as they are, are not photo resistant enough and wouldn’t be reliable for the long and strong UV exposure in the South Hemisphere as Tinosorb, Mexoryl or zinc oxyde are.
Anyway, in the long term I have the impression that my skin is smoother, plumper and better hydrated so I’ll keep using it until next summer and then switch again to something lighter.
UPDATE: Since I'm trying to avoid parabens and chemical sunscreen (except Tinososrb) I not longer use it. But I really loved the consistency.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No