November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Plum Lip Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

OK, so I recognize this may sound a little bizarre, but I use this lip liner to change the tone and darken lipsticks that are too light, too orange, etc. For example, I have Buxom lipstick in two timer and it is just too orangey and too light for my taste. With this lip liner, it is transformed into a sophisticated plummy neutral. And I am not even using the lip liner on my entire lip. Just blended on the outer edges. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this lip liner as an outline for mauve or rose lipsticks. Sometimes, I also fill in my lips with this and then go over them with nude lipgloss. It is a really pretty color for fall and winter and gives you a nice polished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by damifund

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip liner soooo much. am nw45 in mac and this lip pencil is perfect for woman of colour. I just think the chestnut is too dark for warm skin tone. this lip pencil last all day and you can even wear it on its own. you get a lot of quantity with it as well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this pencil. Holy Grail!!! I carry this with me everywhere I go. It turns drab into fab. For some reason this pencil pops my lips. It gives great definition and makes mostly all my lippies polished. I love this pencil! Nice job MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Brown girls who like to wear pink lipstick/gloss- get this liner. It's not too dark, and it's not too light for pink lippies- it just makes pink lip products look better. It's hard to describe the color, but it's like like a brownish/ mauvy color.
I use this with all of my pin lipsticks- Faux, Angel, Viva Glam Gaga, Laugh-a-Lot, Hot Gossip, and Snob.

NC50/ Matchmaster 7.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I hate most lipliners but I love this one. It applies evenly and doesn't tug, is very pigmented and lasts. I also don't find my lips drying out with this. The SA at MAC introduced me to this during a shopping trip I made to return Cyber lipstick. He asked me what I didn't like about Cyber, then picked out Rebel lipstick and this liner. It looked so gorgeous I was astounded. At first I told him, "I think I might have a lipcolor that's this shade, really" and wasn't going to buy it. But every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw how velvety and dramatic my lips looked, I just had to buy both Rebel and Plum. The colors are almost exactly alike, and together they make the most gorgeously silky-smooth wine color. I have very cool tones to my coloring, so wine lipstick is actually my version of red--it gives me that polished, movie-star quality. This lipliner is the perfect base for any wine shades you might have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by thegenevadiva

This is a staple item in my make-up collection. I like to pair it with Chai, which is what i have on in my profile pic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite lipliner. I found Lancome lipliner too soft and Estee Lauder too sparkly. It goes with all my plummy lipsticks. I always reach for this and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Why must MAC lipliners be so hard? Can this company not figure out how to make a soft lipliner that doesn't drag across my lips? And it's so drying, like so many MAC lip products.

Same reviews for Chicory, Plum, Stripdown, Mahogany and Cherry.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Ahhhh ... MAC Plum Lipliner .. YUM! ... Some of my favorite lippies are Fabby, X-Pose, Odyssey, Pink Aura and MAC plum lipliner is just the perfect liner that works with all of those. I don't need to have various liners for each one because this is amazingly versatile. I've gone through several of these, and while I've flirted with other plummy lipliners .. I go back to this one each and every time. It applies very smoothly and gives just the right amount of definition. What I love is how it can go on a deeper or lighter plum depending on how it's applied. This is the one lipliner that I always have with me .. I hope MAC never discontinues this one!!