August 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Plum Lip Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this lip liner as an outline for mauve or rose lipsticks. Sometimes, I also fill in my lips with this and then go over them with nude lipgloss. It is a really pretty color for fall and winter and gives you a nice polished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by damifund

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip liner soooo much. am nw45 in mac and this lip pencil is perfect for woman of colour. I just think the chestnut is too dark for warm skin tone. this lip pencil last all day and you can even wear it on its own. you get a lot of quantity with it as well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this pencil. Holy Grail!!! I carry this with me everywhere I go. It turns drab into fab. For some reason this pencil pops my lips. It gives great definition and makes mostly all my lippies polished. I love this pencil! Nice job MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Brown girls who like to wear pink lipstick/gloss- get this liner. It's not too dark, and it's not too light for pink lippies- it just makes pink lip products look better. It's hard to describe the color, but it's like like a brownish/ mauvy color.
I use this with all of my pin lipsticks- Faux, Angel, Viva Glam Gaga, Laugh-a-Lot, Hot Gossip, and Snob.

NC50/ Matchmaster 7.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I hate most lipliners but I love this one. It applies evenly and doesn't tug, is very pigmented and lasts. I also don't find my lips drying out with this. The SA at MAC introduced me to this during a shopping trip I made to return Cyber lipstick. He asked me what I didn't like about Cyber, then picked out Rebel lipstick and this liner. It looked so gorgeous I was astounded. At first I told him, "I think I might have a lipcolor that's this shade, really" and wasn't going to buy it. But every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw how velvety and dramatic my lips looked, I just had to buy both Rebel and Plum. The colors are almost exactly alike, and together they make the most gorgeously silky-smooth wine color. I have very cool tones to my coloring, so wine lipstick is actually my version of red--it gives me that polished, movie-star quality. This lipliner is the perfect base for any wine shades you might have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by thegenevadiva

This is a staple item in my make-up collection. I like to pair it with Chai, which is what i have on in my profile pic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite lipliner. I found Lancome lipliner too soft and Estee Lauder too sparkly. It goes with all my plummy lipsticks. I always reach for this and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Why must MAC lipliners be so hard? Can this company not figure out how to make a soft lipliner that doesn't drag across my lips? And it's so drying, like so many MAC lip products.

Same reviews for Chicory, Plum, Stripdown, Mahogany and Cherry.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Ahhhh ... MAC Plum Lipliner .. YUM! ... Some of my favorite lippies are Fabby, X-Pose, Odyssey, Pink Aura and MAC plum lipliner is just the perfect liner that works with all of those. I don't need to have various liners for each one because this is amazingly versatile. I've gone through several of these, and while I've flirted with other plummy lipliners .. I go back to this one each and every time. It applies very smoothly and gives just the right amount of definition. What I love is how it can go on a deeper or lighter plum depending on how it's applied. This is the one lipliner that I always have with me .. I hope MAC never discontinues this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by unicornlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All hot girls must own this liner. It looks hoochie when you put it on but you can use it with just about ever lipstick and gloss color out there.

Total HG. Have been using Plum liner since high school. Now that I think of it, MAC Plum Lip Liner may have been in the first glossy black MAC shopping bag I ever procured. These may have been my gateway drug.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No