MAC Plum Lip Pencil

4.4

on 8/26/2015 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is what it says on the tin - Plum. A really nice, rich, deep purple-brown. It works well with a few of my lipsticks but my favourite pairing has to be with MAC Faux. It's like a match made in heaven!

Having blonde hair I really struggle wearing dark lipsticks but I found this liner is my savior. It's really blendable with other colours and can totally transform a shade of lipstick into something else!

on 5/22/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is the brown girl answer to all those "nude" lipsticks that don't match our nude. To all those pink lipsticks and glosses that are a bit too light. I recently purchased it and have worn this with faux lipstick, deelight creemsheen glass, jubilee lipstick and brave lipstick, all by Mac and all in the same week! Very versatile in bringing the bit of plum into the center of pinks and nudes so that you have a work appropriate color. On its own it is a bit dark for me. It looks like chestnut lip pencil in that regard. But oh what it can do for all those others. I will certainly be purchasing this again. Am NW45 for reference.

on 10/12/2014 3:11:00 PM

OK, so I recognize this may sound a little bizarre, but I use this lip liner to change the tone and darken lipsticks that are too light, too orange, etc. For example, I have Buxom lipstick in two timer and it is just too orangey and too light for my taste. With this lip liner, it is transformed into a sophisticated plummy neutral. And I am not even using the lip liner on my entire lip. Just blended on the outer edges. Love it.

on 9/16/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this lip liner as an outline for mauve or rose lipsticks and blend it in.. Sometimes, I also fill in my lips with this and then go over them with nude lipgloss. You can also wear it under lighter lipsticks to darken them. It is a really pretty color for fall and winter and gives you a nice polished look.

on 4/9/2013 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip liner soooo much. am nw45 in mac and this lip pencil is perfect for woman of colour. I just think the chestnut is too dark for warm skin tone. this lip pencil last all day and you can even wear it on its own. you get a lot of quantity with it as well

on 3/21/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this pencil. Holy Grail!!! I carry this with me everywhere I go. It turns drab into fab. For some reason this pencil pops my lips. It gives great definition and makes mostly all my lippies polished. I love this pencil! Nice job MAC!

on 4/3/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Brown girls who like to wear pink lipstick/gloss- get this liner. It's not too dark, and it's not too light for pink lippies- it just makes pink lip products look better. It's hard to describe the color, but it's like like a brownish/ mauvy color.
I use this with all of my pin lipsticks- Faux, Angel, Viva Glam Gaga, Laugh-a-Lot, Hot Gossip, and Snob.

NC50/ Matchmaster 7.5

on 1/4/2012 5:01:00 PM

I hate most lipliners but I love this one. It applies evenly and doesn't tug, is very pigmented and lasts. I also don't find my lips drying out with this. The SA at MAC introduced me to this during a shopping trip I made to return Cyber lipstick. He asked me what I didn't like about Cyber, then picked out Rebel lipstick and this liner. It looked so gorgeous I was astounded. At first I told him, "I think I might have a lipcolor that's this shade, really" and wasn't going to buy it. But every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw how velvety and dramatic my lips looked, I just had to buy both Rebel and Plum. The colors are almost exactly alike, and together they make the most gorgeously silky-smooth wine color. I have very cool tones to my coloring, so wine lipstick is actually my version of red--it gives me that polished, movie-star quality. This lipliner is the perfect base for any wine shades you might have.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a staple item in my make-up collection. I like to pair it with Chai, which is what i have on in my profile pic.

on 7/4/2010 10:33:00 PM

My favorite lipliner. I found Lancome lipliner too soft and Estee Lauder too sparkly. It goes with all my plummy lipsticks. I always reach for this and will repurchase.

Popular Lip Liners