April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadow - Rosy Tan 754

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, I tried to love it--unfortunately, with Rosy Tan I didn't find the pigmentation to be superior to any of my UD or MAC shadows. Maybe I picked up a dud? The packaging is beautiful but even with a primer, I did think the lasting power warranted a $60 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm another one who purchased this after watching the Lisa Eldridge tutorial. What a beautiful, beautiful palette. I love putting these eyeshadows on. They are so luxurious, I feel like I'm applying silk to my eyelids. There is no fallout and the colours aren't chalky. The quality really makes it worth the cost.
The colours are perfect for going day to night. Very pretty and natural, but can also create a more dramatic evening look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally got my hands on one of these after seeing it in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial. While I've not quite mastered the look from the video yet, I'm still creating some of my own beautiful looks with this palette. The shadows are so silky and pigmented. I just wish they weren't so expensive!! I would probably buy this again if I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Just got this palette after watching Lisa Eldridge's bridal video and fell in love with the colors. The look from the vid was so romantic and pretty. I tried to re-create it and worked. Dior rocks! Love all the colors except for the pearl .... too shimmery for me to use as a brow bone highlight. Other than that, it's a great buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: finally found a way to show up without going patchy....used Fyrinnae Pixie epoxy beneath it, better than the other primers i tried. Have realized the colours don't show up on or suit my skin/colouring. Maybe on lighter or more olive skins it will work.
Ahh sorry! I am a big fan of Dior cosmetics in general and the eyeshadows in particular. This quint leaves much to be desired. I feel that all the good reviews are misleading for a prospective buyer. This is a below average palette for the price, drugstore quality. The colour payoff is horrendous to average depending on the shadow.
My previous dior palettes are so buttery and smooth in texture compared to this. Have they reformulated the eyeshadows and added tons of fillers? Why is the end result chalky? I will add that I have tried this with and without primer- i have used it for the entire past week in the hopes of getting it to look ok. Subtlety I am not averse to--this is just poor quality. The colours are gorgeous, and a perfect harmony. This provides a good "base" look for other eyeshadows, too. All I wish is for the soft, well pigmented without being harsh, smooth look of palettes past (lol). Lisa Eldridge used this in a look. It was elegant and the model looked nice. However I believe this is a) lisa's touch b) because the model was a beautiful girl with lovely eyes ANYway c) the entire look could be replicated with a revlon palette and noone wd be any the wiser. I found an exact dupe for the shimmery warm beige colour; Annabelle's 11 dollar quad in Java has it, and the payoff is better. At this price point there is no excuse for even one of the five shades to suck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This, and it's sister Rosy Nude, were hastily bought last summer and have been neglected due to my discovery of older quints that drew my attention since.
After I had photographed and re-arranged my stash, I decided to go through all my quints and get re-aquainted with them.

Rosy Tan (756) looks more burgundy than tan on my skin (I estimate I am 15/20 in MAC, I wear Dior's Forever-old formula in 20 and ELDW in Linen). This is because the upper right (the darkest) colour pulls somewhat warm and reddish/mauve on me. It looks to progress seamlessly on the lid when I use it next to the pink, requiring very little blending.

Now I have a thing with these quints, I have to come up with a look that incorporates every colour. I know it is not how it's supposed to work, even the Dior leaflets show instructions of 3 colours at a time, but this is just me. Anyway, here is how I do it (over TFSI Lemon):

1) I apply upper left on my whole lid, as a base
2) I mix lower left with a touch of upper right on my outer half
3) I use the upper right on the crease and outer v and blend-blend-blend (thank Haku for H2291)
4) Diffuse the crease towards the brow using the lower right light brown
5) Highlight under the brow and at tearduct using the middle colour

Although this is not an Iridescent palette (love them), I do get a nice shine since all but the lower right colour seem to have a satiny nature. The effect is very flattering and feminine and not at all flat.

The texture of the shadows is smooth and soft as we come to expect from Dior, except from the two lower colours. The one on the left, especially, seems to require some more effort to come to the brush. Please note that I do not mean they are hard. Far from it. They are just a little harder FOR DIOR STANDARDS and I cannot stress that enough.

I have rated the packaging 4 because it is good, safe and I can actually use the included brushes in an emergency (like being in a hotel and see you have forgotten your regular brushes back at home) to get decent results.

The price is a 3 for me. Yes, the original investment is high but these shadows will last a long time because so little is required each time.

The overall rating, now that is a dilemma... I have many Dior quints that I would not hesitate to rate them 5 (this one included) but I have Dior's eyeshadow duos were the quality and pigmentation is beyond words! I do rate the quints 4, because this is how I interpret it: since Dior has the know-how to make and release e/s in the superb quality of the duos, then I can compare the quality of the quint e/s to that. It's the same company, the same product, at the same time. So although the quality of the quint is beautiful and so beyond that of many other companies, for a Dior product is a 4 - or, if you prefer, a 4,5.

Lastly, I do not find this quint to be essential for me since I have many others from Dior that contain more or less same-themed colours, but I am happy with this product and (if I did not have any others) I would be willing to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I want to love it, but I can't. The colours just look muddy on me. I've seen other people wear it with beautiful results, but on me it does not look good at all :(

I am willing to swap it if anyone is interested.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I received a giftcard from SO this Christmas, which meant that I took forever to choose what my gift was going to be. This palette is the one that I chose after researching Dior's quints for more than a month. I used to think that I could find dupes of these colors from other brands, but the quality and the luxurious packaging just keeps making me come back to Dior. I previously had my eyes on the Earth Reflection palette, however, there's three shades of colors that I can use as a highlighter in that quint. Not in this one. Rosy Tan provides its owner with two everyday, one wash and go shades (the lower two shades), a highlight that isn't gawdily frosty, a dark color that can double as powder liner and a silky satiny strawberrk milk shade which can be used everywhere. I think this one is the most versatile quint that Dior has yet to offer, since the pinky tone compliments cooler skintones but there is a warmth to each of the colors as well. The darker mauvey brown has a slight pearly finish with gold microglitter shot through, which I think is much more understated (read: work apropriate) than Chanel's Illusion d'Ombres. Now I'm not bashing Chanel at all, in fact, I would proudly fork over the cash for those moussy lovelinesses, but I still think that they are too sparkly. Dior's formulation of their powder products, be it shadows, blushers, powder foundations, highlighters, is just phenomenal. They are the best powders on the market, selon moi. The packaging, as always, is classy and understated, albeit still luxurious. Navy is one of my favorite colors and the big heavy case feels very secure in my hands. Overall, this is an "All-Star" product for me and I recommend this to everyone that is looking for a versatile, long-lasting and foolproof shadow palette.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xara1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i am usually a statement eye liner person and this is my first ever eye shadow pallette, its not that same colors cant be found in other brands, but compiling 5 most beautiful high quality, wearable, day to night shades in one pallette makes this a must have, perfectly suit my olive skin tone and am very happy they made very aptly named ROSY TAN

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me, this is OK. I returned it. I preferred Earth Reflection on my Asian, NC35, yellow undertone skin. Earth Reflection looks great in picture, wink wink. Maybe this suits more for cooler skintone or neutral. I look good in warm color, gold jewelry, etc. My only fav color is the shimmery light plumish burgundy. Still DIOR quads are great quality. I also love Japanese eyeshadows. You can get the drugstore brands and still getting the quality, but yes it's mostly less pigmented compare to western brands.