Elizabeth Arden Makeup Blender Brush

3.5

on 11/2/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I saw a few reviews on this blender brush and since I really like applying my foundation with sponges I gave it at try - at $15 for effectively a hard sponge on a stick, it's not great value.

Pros:
The ways its shapes, you can easy reach difficult areas of the face e.g. corner of eye area and around the nose.

Cons:
1. The sponge is hard and rough on sensitive skin compared to run of the mill white makeup sponges (I use Cybercolour sponges from SaSa)

2. It picks up so much product which just sinks into the sponge - I use a Q-tip to pick up foundation so I know exactly how much foundation I need each morning and I had to double up this morning

3. It does not apply well - I could not get the same level of application compared to when I use a softer white sponge because its quite difficult to build coverage with this blender because of the hard material, the product just sinks right into the sponge.

4. I use oil based foundation for my dry skin and I tried to clean it with my Clinique liquid soap after use and it was useless, After 3 pumps of the liquid soap, I still could not get my foundation out of the tip and when I squeezed it, it was still coming out. Usually with the white sponges, it takes about half a pump of liquid soap to wash. It also made me realise just how much product that it soaks in. 1 pump of liquid soap just sank straight into the sponge.

on 5/24/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This isn't a "brush" but it is a foundation application tool. It's an elliptical sponge on a brush handle. The handle is about 3" long, and the sponge is about an inch long, and an inch wide at its base. It comes to a rounded point at the tip. This velvety sponge was designed for application of Elizabeth Arden's new Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Makeup, which I haven't tried. My favorite way to apply foundation is with a sponge, so when I saw this cute little thing, I couldn't resist it. I use it with my liquid foundations (MUFE Face & Body, MAC Face & Body) in the same way as I'd use any sponge, however, the compact size and the handle make this perfect for using around my eyes, mouth, temples, hairline, and for extra spot coverage. I can easily apply foundation all over my face with just this brush, and get a perfectly smooth even finish. I wash this with hand soap, and it cleans thoroughly and remains sturdy. I will keep a few of these handy little things on hand.

Popular Makeup Brushes